Betting Machines in the Betting Offices

joeblitz

Does anybody have any idea about whether a bookmaker has the discretion not to pay out on a winning bet from one of these machines? Or when is reasonable time - the next day? Some shops have limits on certain types of bets and should a person wish to stake more, they can always go to the machines. Surely it is up to each individual bookmaker to either police these things or get rid of them altogether. In my opinion once you receive a slip with a receipt number the bet has been accepted and subject to maximum payout limits, it is then too late not to pay should the bet be a winner. Call it a loophole if you like but there are no signs up saying you cannot use these machines and surely if a bookmaker installs them in the first place it is up to that bookmaker to insure they work as that bookmaker wishes. I am talking about the betting terminals for horse racing and other sports here. I would welcome any comments and opinions anyone might have. Thanks

Re: Betting Machines in the Betting Offices

In my opinion once you receive a slip with a receipt number the bet has been accepted and subject to maximum payout limits,
It is wrong to assume this actually. Any bet taken in error or by false means can be void. I suspect people use these machines to try and get around having their bet reduced at the counter or refused all together, if this is so then they are trying to deceive the shop and shouldn't be at all surprised if they come a cropper from time to time.