jump racing 9/11/2013

2:00 Naas – Naas Annual Membership Beginners Chase ROAD TO RICHES: a winning Irish point-to-pointer is fancied to win. An impressive winner of a bumper on his debut under rules, he also looked good on his first two starts over hurdles, winning both, including a Grade 3 at Cork. He failed to fire in the Spring, but has never been beaten running up to Christmas. He handles soft ground very well and looks much more of a chaser than hurdler. This looks a decent Beginners Chase though to make his debut in, but he could be very good over fences, so is selected to win. 2:40 Wincanton – Badger Ales Trophy Paul Nicholls has a great record at this meeting and he has a leading chance of winning this race. He trains Aiteen Thirtythree who was a useful novice, but has been off the course for almost two years, so preference is for POUNGACH who has been trained to be spot on for this race. He was a classy hurdler (rated 155 at his peak) and he promises to be equally as good over fences. He stayed on to finish second on this card last year behind Houblon des Obeaux, who looked so good winning at Ascot recently. He went up ten pounds for that win, so a mark of 144 could be lenient for Poungach. His best win last season was when staying on strongly to beat Super Duty at Haydock, who went on to run so well at the Cheltenham Festival. I feel he could be even better this season and looks well handicapped and I expect him to run a big race. The main danger looks to be Standing Ovation. I was very impressed with him last time, when he pulled clear of the field with Highland Lodge who prior to the race I thought was very well handicapped. That was a great run and he clearly loves Wincanton, having won his last two races at the track, so despite a ten pounds jump in his rating, he could still prove a massive danger and is seriously respected.

Jump Racing Saturday 9th November 1.20 Sandown Grandouet 1/2 Bet365 BOG Grandout stands out a mile on his hurdles form and needs only to jump around to collect. I'm on a 3 run losing streak which I don't like so I'm playing it safe. Confidence is everything when it comes to betting and Granduet will either win or fall. 10 Points win Granduet 1/2 Bet365 BOG 1.55 Sandown Kentucky Hyden SP An absolute penalty kick. I'm very surprised that nothing takes him on! 10 Points win Kentucky Hyden SP 12.50 Naas Mr Fiftyone 3/1 William Hill BOG No doubting that Diakali has achieved the most but may be ring rusty and Mr Fiftyone who won a bumper last month at Gowran and followed up with a very impressive win at Fairyhouse during the week has fitness on his side here. He is rated highly and I think he will win 10 Points win Mr Fiftyone 3/1 William Hill BOG 1.25 Naas Turnandgo SP Whatever way you look at it Turnandgo is a certainty! He beat Captain Cutter easily in a Punchestown bumper and only needs to jump around safely to collect. 10 Points win Turnandgo SP 2.35 Naas Clonard Lad SP Clonard Lad was just touched off by Apache Stronghold at Punchestown last month and a reproduction of that form would see him victorious here in a weakish race 10 Points win Clonard Lad SP

Re: Jump Racing Saturday 9th November Wincanton 3.50 Ulzanas Raid 1pt ew @ 16-1 Ladbrokes Ulzanas Raid won his debut and only start so far back in May when 1st of 13 by 3 1/4l at Towcester over 2m on Good to Soft beating second Knight Of Noir from the David Pipe yard and Reverb from Nicky Henderson in third. Zulu Oscar 1pt ew @ 16-1 Bet365 Zulu Oscar has shown improvement after two career starts, both at this course and distance. Debut back in April was for 6th of 12 by 4 3/4l on Good ground. Better in May on Good to Soft with 2nd of 8 by 3 1/2l.

Re: jump racing 9/11/2013 Sandown 4.10 Lemons Ground 1pt ew @ 12-1 Bet365 Lemons Ground won his debut effort by a head back in May and can go well again on his second career start here. Trainer Jamie Snowden has 2 wins from 7 NHF runs this season along with one second and third. Flying Eagle 1pt ew @ 10-1 BetVictor Flying Eagle ran well on debut a month ago for 2nd of 8 by 5l to Tour over 2m at Ludlow. Trainer Peter Bowen have a 48% strike-rate (13 from 27) with NHF runners this season along with 5 seconds and 1 third. The selection is his only NHF entry for today. Jamie Moore is booked to ride and he is 3 from 6 (50%) in NHF races for Bowen this season.

Re: jump racing 9/11/2013 Kelso 4.00 Laybach 1pt ew @ 9-1 Sporting Bet Laybach will appreaciate the drop in trip to 2m1f after trying 2m4f last time out where he had to jump 17 fences at Ayr falling from 4 out while 2 lengths down in second. The drop to 2m1f drops the number of fences he has to jump to only 12 so expect him to last the trip. Chase form has 6 runs 0 win, 2 second, 2 third.

Re: Jump Racing Saturday 9th November

Wincanton 3.50 Ulzanas Raid 1pt ew @ 16-1 Ladbrokes Ulzanas Raid won his debut and only start so far back in May when 1st of 13 by 3 1/4l at Towcester over 2m on Good to Soft beating second Knight Of Noir from the David Pipe yard and Reverb from Nicky Henderson in third. Zulu Oscar 1pt ew @ 16-1 Bet365 Zulu Oscar has shown improvement after two career starts, both at this course and distance. Debut back in April was for 6th of 12 by 4 3/4l on Good ground. Better in May on Good to Soft with 2nd of 8 by 3 1/2l.
Zulu Oscar 1st by 2l :cow

Re: jump racing 9/11/2013

2:00 Naas – Naas Annual Membership Beginners Chase ROAD TO RICHES: a winning Irish point-to-pointer is fancied to win. An impressive winner of a bumper on his debut under rules, he also looked good on his first two starts over hurdles, winning both, including a Grade 3 at Cork. He failed to fire in the Spring, but has never been beaten running up to Christmas. He handles soft ground very well and looks much more of a chaser than hurdler. This looks a decent Beginners Chase though to make his debut in, but he could be very good over fences, so is selected to win. 2:40 Wincanton – Badger Ales Trophy Paul Nicholls has a great record at this meeting and he has a leading chance of winning this race. He trains Aiteen Thirtythree who was a useful novice, but has been off the course for almost two years, so preference is for POUNGACH who has been trained to be spot on for this race. He was a classy hurdler (rated 155 at his peak) and he promises to be equally as good over fences. He stayed on to finish second on this card last year behind Houblon des Obeaux, who looked so good winning at Ascot recently. He went up ten pounds for that win, so a mark of 144 could be lenient for Poungach. His best win last season was when staying on strongly to beat Super Duty at Haydock, who went on to run so well at the Cheltenham Festival. I feel he could be even better this season and looks well handicapped and I expect him to run a big race. The main danger looks to be Standing Ovation. I was very impressed with him last time, when he pulled clear of the field with Highland Lodge who prior to the race I thought was very well handicapped. That was a great run and he clearly loves Wincanton, having won his last two races at the track, so despite a ten pounds jump in his rating, he could still prove a massive danger and is seriously respected.
happy with the first one,pitty about poungach but mentioned standing ovation

Re: jump racing 9/11/2013

Sandown 4.10 Lemons Ground 1pt ew @ 12-1 Bet365 Lemons Ground won his debut effort by a head back in May and can go well again on his second career start here. Trainer Jamie Snowden has 2 wins from 7 NHF runs this season along with one second and third. Flying Eagle 1pt ew @ 10-1 BetVictor Flying Eagle ran well on debut a month ago for 2nd of 8 by 5l to Tour over 2m at Ludlow. Trainer Peter Bowen have a 48% strike-rate (13 from 27) with NHF runners this season along with 5 seconds and 1 third. The selection is his only NHF entry for today. Jamie Moore is booked to ride and he is 3 from 6 (50%) in NHF races for Bowen this season.
Flying Eagle 2nd