** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Shakhtar Donetsk v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday November 5th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Shakhtar Donetsk v Bayer 04 Leverkusen (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]21/20[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]13/5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]14/5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Shakhtar Donetsk v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday November 5th Shakhtar are inconsistent at the moment. They have lost their last game to Volyn 0-2. Moreover, they have a poor record against German teams and are without a win against German side for 30 years. The Germans however, play some good football this season and have recorded 8 wins, 1 draw (against Bayern Munchen) and 1 loss (their last game) in the last 10 games. So, I don't think that Leverkusen will lose this one and would suggest Leverkusen or Draw @ 1.75 Bet365 (in an accumulator)

Re: Shakhtar Donetsk v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday November 5th The value has to be with the Germans here for me, they battered Shakhtar 4-0 in the reverse fixture. I know Shakhtar is a tough place to go to, but couldn't help but be very impressed with Hyypia's side. The home side are not doing well in the Ukrainian league, currently lie in 2nd and lost 2-0 away to Volyn last time out. Leverkusen are 3rd in Bundesliga, having a good season, playing good football. The value lies with the Germans, and they are being heavily backed, fancy them win or draw and took the price early this morning. Bayer Leverkusen Win or Draw - 4 Points @ 1.70 Bet Victor

Re: Shakhtar Donetsk v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday November 5th If we talk about embarrassing away losses, look at Leverkussens loss to Braunschweig this weekend. The latter being at best a mid table 2nd Bundesliga team who are getting beat left and right by mediocre Bundesliga sides. But none of you seems to take that in the equation whilst counting the loss to Volyn heavily? Think Shakthar are overpriced for a Bayer that is struggling with not only Braunschweig but was with Augsburg and Hoffenheim too. The Ukrainians have a score to settle and have the quality to give Leverkusen a very tough game. I feel like taking a small gamble tonight 2 points @ Shakthar to win @ 2.31 Pinnacle

Re: Shakhtar Donetsk v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday November 5th

If we talk about embarrassing away losses' date=' look at Leverkussens loss to Braunschweig this weekend. The latter being at best a mid table 2nd Bundesliga team who are getting beat left and right by mediocre Bundesliga sides. But none of you seems to take that in the equation whilst counting the loss to Volyn heavily? Think Shakthar are overpriced for a Bayer that is struggling with not only Braunschweig but was with Augsburg and Hoffenheim too. The Ukrainians have a score to settle and have the quality to give Leverkusen a very tough game. I feel like taking a small gamble tonight [b']2 points @ Shakthar to win @ 2.31 Pinnacle
No offense, but the German league is light years ahead of the Ukrainian league. League form does not have a whole lot to do with tonight's match, but they beat Augsburg and Hoffenheim didn't they? Was the 4-0 win a fluke a couple of weeks ago? Time will tell.

If we talk about embarrassing away losses' date=' look at Leverkussens loss to Braunschweig this weekend. The latter being at best a mid table 2nd Bundesliga team who are getting beat left and right by mediocre Bundesliga sides. But none of you seems to take that in the equation whilst counting the loss to Volyn heavily? Think Shakthar are overpriced for a Bayer that is struggling with not only Braunschweig but was with Augsburg and Hoffenheim too. The Ukrainians have a score to settle and have the quality to give Leverkusen a very tough game. I feel like taking a small gamble tonight [b']2 points @ Shakthar to win @ 2.31 Pinnacle
I wouldn't say they struggled against Augsburg and Hoffenheim are a very good side. With a bit more luck Leverkusen would have scored a good few goals in the second half against Augsburg and won comfortably. The trio of Sam, Kiessling and Heung-Min is very dangerous with lots of pace and they will cause Shakthar problems who don't seem to be hitting top form yet with all these new signings. Leverkusen have been impressive this season and the the double chance on them looks very tempting to me.

Re: Shakhtar Donetsk v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday November 5th I see no reason to consider a favorite team that two weeks ago lost to the same opponent 0-4. Yes , the factor of his field can balance odds , well, you can give a slight advantage hosts - but not at 2.00 on 1 from the point of view of value on the side - well, can not be the favorite the miners if it the same Bayer two weeks ago hopelessly lost with shameful account. And by the way , if Shakhtar lost 1-2, I would have hesitated - however, the cuts 4-0 are not played since the defeat in Leverkusen was absolutely honest and well deserved. And the logical, in general - obviously that now miners are in the worst shape in the last few years , in the championship of Ukraine was only half of the season - and Shakhtar have lost more points than all of last season. The team was unprepared to care of transfers as loss of Mkhitaryan (Dortmund) and Fernandinho (Man. City) too heavy... Yes, beat Sociedad , but seen the match Shakhtar 's victory there was absolutely illogical when the score was 0-0 Sociedad numerous chances to score , but ultimately missed from a counterattack. Well done of course, the chance to have realized , but in fact win in San Sebastian must not be misleading. This - the only victory in the group stage , as then followed by a 1-1 draw with Manchester United. Shakhtar plays at home , all that. Okay. Do you know how many wins Shakhtar won in the last 9 home games in the Champions League ? Two! One - on a completely weak danes thanks to two goals from Mkhitaryan , over Chelsea , whose honesty reasonably be questioned , and scored the winning goal Fernandinho. All the remaining seven matches - a single victory , although among the contenders were APOEL , Zenit , Porto. And , whether Shakhtar really super power , if someone from the quartet Dortmund - Manchester United - Juventus - Barcelona loss. So that the strength and power of the miners home games in the Champions League - is a.. myth , because Shakhtar rarely defeated in the Champions League , even when in the championship was more than confident. Now even to Volyn, Shakhtar loses, in the Champions League shows no intelligible game , in Germany to Leverkusen lost 0-4 - and then Hello , Donetsk miners favorites. Where from? Leverkusen also lost in the championship on the weekend, but it was a deliberate step in fact - the pharmacists did not play the first team , in particular based on Kiessling came out, obviously it took care of the match against Shakhtar. This shows the importance the germans give the match with Shakhtar - they are in fact in the case of even a draw will significantly increase their chances of reaching the playoffs. And by the way that suits a draw, too, in their favor - they do not have to open up and get into the attack, so they can play at their convenience. Leverkusen showed his obvious superiority over Shakhtar Donetsk in the first meeting. Of course, it will be harder tonight - Shakhtar evil , with the support of the fans, everything can happen. I think the germans at least draw taken away , hence Leverkusen (+0.25) at 1.95 Bet365 is the selection.

Re: Shakhtar Donetsk v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday November 5th I'm on Leverkusen as well. They dominated the first game and even if they are going to be slightly cautious about going gung-ho (because a draw would be a good result) they impressed me and on that alone warrant a bet imo. small stakes but away win at 9/4

The value has to be with the Germans here for me, they battered Shakhtar 4-0 in the reverse fixture. I know Shakhtar is a tough place to go to, but couldn't help but be very impressed with Hyypia's side. The home side are not doing well in the Ukrainian league, currently lie in 2nd and lost 2-0 away to Volyn last time out. Leverkusen are 3rd in Bundesliga, having a good season, playing good football. The value lies with the Germans, and they are being heavily backed, fancy them win or draw and took the price early this morning. Bayer Leverkusen Win or Draw - 4 Points @ 1.70 Bet Victor
F/T: 0-0 I thought Leverkusen defended very well, Shakhtar put them under a lot of pressure but couldn't make it pay. Very disciplined side Leverkusen.

Re: Shakhtar Donetsk v Bayer 04 Leverkusen > Tuesday November 5th Chickened out a bit on the final bet still took shakhtar but with a void if drawn. Cheers for some good opinions on this one talked me out of the straight win. Having seen the game I was right to have every reason to believe Shakhtar could defeat Bayer but it was open game it could have gone either way in the 2nd half.