** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Pakistan vs South Africa - Test Series

kevshat

Pakistan and South Africa begin a two test match series on Monday. The series is televised live on Zee Cinema in the UK and should be a decent enough one between two top nations. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Mon Oct 14 - Fri Oct 18 06:00 GMT | 10:00 local 07:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st Test - South Africa v Pakistan Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 32.png 22 - 33° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Wed Oct 23 - Sun Oct 27 06:00 GMT | 10:00 local 07:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd Test - South Africa v Pakistan Dubai International Cricket Stadium [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Pakistan vs South Africa - Test Series Top South Africa ( Test ) series runscorer: J P Duminy. 14/1, ladbrokes 1/10 ew (1/5, 1-3 ) I think Duminy is worth a small play here. Was out injured for a good while but he has been making a decent comeback; 84 v India A in August, some useful runs for Sunrisers in the Champions League, 49 in the warm up v Pak A last week. Also, he was top SA runscorer across the five ODIs against SL a couple of months back - a different format obviously but in spin-friendly conditions, as they are likely to be in the UAE. From what I've read he is almost certain to start the first Test ( Russell Domingo says on cricinfo he "very much sees JP being in the starting XI" ), and I would imagine / hope the second as well - the management do seem to be factoring his bowling into their plans. Clearly your Smiths and Amlas have to be respected in terms of competition. Smith has been out injured for ages though and hasn't had much cricket ( out for 2 in warm up ). Amla is potentially going to miss the 2nd test as his wife is due to give birth so he may be back in SA with his family. So we might dare to hope that JP may have a better chance in this series than could otherwise be expected. The other thing against him is that he will most likely bat 6, which is lower than is ideal. Looking back at the stats from the SA v Pak series in Feb though, AB de Villers was top runscorer across those three tests which gives me some hope that someone from the middle order can have an impact over a short series. Would probably need one big score, but he does have a Test HS of 166 which isn't too shabby. In truth this is a bit of a punt, and coming top is a pretty big ask. But at the odds I think it is worth a chance, where top 3 would make a small profit. Cheers.

Re: Pakistan vs South Africa - Test Series Good luck Marshy :ok. One outright for me. 2pts J.Khan Top Pakistan Series Bowler 9/2 Ladbrokes South Africa have a very good record against Saeed Ajmal so this is a chance to take the wily spinner on here. South Africa happen to play spin in general pretty decent so I don't particularly like Rehman at a short price. One thing about this Pakistan side is we're not exactly sure who will partner Khan with the new ball and it may just be that whoever does it in the first Test doesn't get the gig for the second one. Given that we know that Junaid, barring injury, will play both matches I think he looks a decent price here. He is good with the new ball and very good with the old ball when it is reversing and with plenty of left handers in this South Africa squad these days he will have plenty of targets. At 9/2 I'll take Junaid against the spinners.

Re: Pakistan vs South Africa - Test Series And a few for the first test. 5pts South Africa (-42.5 runs) 1st Inns Lead 5/6 Boylesports South Africa play spin well and should go well in these conditions. They aren't as low as ones in India so their batsmen will still be able to score runs. The big thing will be whether they can bowl Pakistan out but Zimbabwe managed it so even in these conditions I would expect the likes of Steyn, Philander and Morkel to do it. Pakistan have had top order issues for as long as I can remember so once again there is going to be a lot of emphasis on the middle order scoring. Once Shafiq has been and gone though they die away again. With Robin Peterson in the side South Africa bat much further down. Even the likes of Philander and Steyn at 9 and 10 can bat so the tourists have more than enough batting to ensure they pick up a significant first innings lead in this match. 3pts H.Amla's Performance Pts - 85&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. In these conditions I think Hashim Amla will go very well. He's one of the best players of spin in the game and isn't left handed so will have Junaid Khan going across him which isn't as bad. When he faces spin he gets right across to off stump taking the lbw out of play which will frustrate Ajmal and co so I expect him to score a lot of runs. He often fields around the bat to the spin so catches are possible but over two innings I would be very surprised if the great Hashim Amla, in good nick after a good spell with Surrey, doesn't make 85 runs or more here. 1pt ew A.Shafiq Top Pakistan Batsman (1st Inns Only) 8/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1-3) Asad Shafiq has a decent enough record against South Africa. He has two half centuries and his career best score of 111 against the Proteas and he has already scored a solid 40 in a warm up match against the tourists on this tour. With doubts over Pakistan's opening pair which puts pressure on Azhar Ali there is every chance that someone down the order could take advantage. Obviously Misbah is in fantastic form and is a rightful favourite but he will fail at some point and even if he doesn't we get a bit of profit if Shafiq places. Given that Shafiq plays seam and spin well and has good form against this attack I think 8/1 is a bit big on a guy who will bat at 6 in this match.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Pakistan vs South Africa - Test Series Not a great first test but I fancy one for the second which begins in the morning. 3pts Pakistan to win 2nd Test 27/10 BetVictor Pakistan deservedly won the first test in Abu Dhabi and given that the wicket in Dubai turns a lot more than the one in Abu Dhabi I find it hard to see why the hosts are such a big price here. That is one reason why I'm staggered at the price but the other is that Hashim Amla has flown home to be at the birth of his child and won't play in this match. He held South Africa's first innings together in the first test and with the way he is able to play spin he will be a massive loss for the Proteas in this match. Another loss will be Dale Steyn should he fail a fitness test. Even if he passes it you would think he is going to have to be managed to get through the game. Usually consistency is a massive issue with Pakistan cricket but not so much in the UAE where their record gets better and better with every match they play. They seem to have found some players at the top of the order and with the ultra classy Misbah backing the youngsters up in the middle order I think the Pakistan batting should perform. They could bring a third spinner in for this match but even if they don't I think Ajmal and Babar have enough to get through this South African batting line up. On this Dubai wicket with no Amla in the opposition Pakistan look a massive price to me.

Re: Pakistan vs South Africa - Test Series I haven't no. Hadn't really thought about it to be honest. Not sure there's a case. While the punishment for the offence is clearly a shambles those are the rules so other than goodwill I don't really see why bookmakers would refund and if they haven't refunded already I dare say they're not going to :sad. Might be one we have to take on the chin and move on :(. Let me know how you go with them though :ok.

Re: Pakistan vs South Africa - Test Series I will do as without naming the company involved it states on their t's & c's that [h=3]Rigging[/h]

• Where there is evidence of price, race, match or event rigging, we reserve the right to withhold payment, pending the outcome of any subsequent investigation and ultimately to declare bets on that event as void.

If they have been found guilty and admitted cheating I believe that falls within the rules above,Yet they still continued to take bets on a match that had some form of cheating involved even after the event had taken place. The betting company involved doesnt agree so I have sent my findings off to IBAS Ill let you know how it goes