** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Arsenal v Napoli - Tuesday October 1st

Aidymac

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Arsenal v Napoli - Tuesday October 1st I think Napoli will be going there for a draw but arsenal are on good form and playing at home. benitez knows arsenal and how they play from his time in premier league. he rested both hamsik and higuain on Saturday so they will be fresh for tie. any thoughts

Re: Arsenal v Napoli - Tuesday October 1st I think I will avoid betting on this one. Arsenal have a number of key players missing and if their youngsters did well against WBA in League Cup and against Swansea yesterday, I don't think they will be able to handle Napoli that easily. I agree that Napoli will be playing for a draw, but taking into account how difficult this group is, I don't think Arsenal will be happy with a draw. However, both teams are on a good run at the moment, so I would personally avoid betting on 1 x 2 markets, because personally I can't find reasons why either side could lose this game. Will wait and see who will be referee for this game and might consider cards markets.

Re: Arsenal v Napoli - Tuesday October 1st 4pts Napoli (+0.5AH) to beat Arsenal 1.85 Bet365 I’ve been impressed with Arsenal this season and followed them on a few occasions but they look a little short to me in this match. Napoli are no mugs, as their recent results suggest, so they shouldn’t be written off completely. Benitez will know all about Arsenal and their style and methods so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they leave London with a point if not all three. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/arsenal-vs-napoli-betting-italians-can-leave-london-with-a-result

Re: Arsenal v Napoli - Tuesday October 1st The referee for this game is unknown for many punters Milorad Mazic. However, upon checking his stats I found out that he shows cards quite often. Even though he just shown 2 yellow cards in the last game he was in charge (Serbian Super League), in international games (both clubs and national teams) he shows many cards. If we disregard the last game he was in charge in another 6 games he has shown 36 yellow and 3 red cards. Over 5.5 Cards @ 2.20 ​Bet365

Re: Arsenal v Napoli - Tuesday October 1st

What are your thoughts on over 2.5 for this game? Both teams are offensively very strong with Giroud/Ozil on one side and Hamsik/Higuain on the other (not taking into account the other player who can score a goal).
Arsenal use a high defensive line most of the time, and i think now at home they will also do that.Napoli have great counter attacks.

Re: Arsenal v Napoli - Tuesday October 1st Both teams are on a great run of form going into the game and agreeing with the majority in the post over 2.5 goals looks like a tempting bet. There has been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Napoli's last 6 games and arsenal have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 matches in the champions league. I do expect goals regardless of the outcome, both teams strengths are within the midfield and striking options.

The referee for this game is unknown for many punters Milorad Mazic. However, upon checking his stats I found out that he shows cards quite often. Even though he just shown 2 yellow cards in the last game he was in charge (Serbian Super League), in international games (both clubs and national teams) he shows many cards. If we disregard the last game he was in charge in another 6 games he has shown 36 yellow and 3 red cards. Over 5.5 Cards @ 2.20 ​Bet365
Mazic is the best Serbian referee at the moment and one of the Europe's most talented, he is on the preliminary list for WC 2014 but will most certainly feature in EC 2016. As far as cards go, he likes to have the game under control and very early lets everyone on the pitch know that he won't tolerate funny business. With two or three harsh tackles at the beginning, it might as well go over 5.5 yellow cards.

Mazic is the best Serbian referee at the moment and one of the Europe's most talented' date=' he is on the preliminary list for WC 2014 but will most certainly feature in EC 2016. As far as cards go, he likes to have the game under control and very early lets everyone on the pitch know that he won't tolerate funny business. With two or three harsh tackles at the beginning, it might as well go over 5.5 yellow cards.[/quote'] The game in the champions league between Lyon and Real Sociedad saw 6 yellows and 1 red card as well. I am inclined to think that this is a really good bet. For those like me who want a safer option, back the Over 45 booking points @ 1.85 WilliamHill. Those who are thinking of backing over 5.5 yellow cards like Mustafa (hopefully you haven't taken it yet), take the Over 55 booking points @ 2.70 on WilliamHill (much better odds)

Re: Arsenal v Napoli - Tuesday October 1st We think it is a classic tough, Champions League match. Both teams are in impressive form this period. The winner will have one foot in the knockout round of the competition as each team picked up three points in their opener. It should be a strong battle, without winner. Our suggestion is Arsenal – Napoli X 3.40+

Re: Arsenal v Napoli - Tuesday October 1st Arsenal to win tonight is my strongest bet of the night. I think other than beating AC Milan (who have been poor this season), Napoli have only beaten teams that are currently in the bottom 7 of the Serie A. They haven't faced a true test as of yet and IMO were fortunate to beat 10-man Dortmund in their first game. The Germans played the whole 2nd half with 10 men but still managed to pull a goal back and hit the bar. They had just as many attempts on goal as Napoli and I fully believe the outcome would have been different had the goalkeeper not been sent off. Napoli are undoubtedly a good team with a good manager but this will be their toughest task to date this season. They meet an Arsenal side that are absolutely flying at the moment and that are full of confidence. Ramsey seems to be fulfilling his promise of a few years ago and Ozil has lifted everyone at the Emirates. Bringing Flamini back has been a massive factor as to why Arsenal are doing so well as it allows the creative players to let loose. Giroud has done well leading the line himself and this will be a game that Arsenal feel they have to win to have a chance of progressing from this group. I am confident Arsenal can win this game tonight and continue their recent momentum.

Re: Arsenal v Napoli - Tuesday October 1st I am looking at the odds for this game and the odds for Napoli to win is 4.25 @ bet365? I think that is a very good price. Although given Arsenal performance lately and also playing at home make them favourite, is there really a huge difference between both the clubs? I don't think so. In fact I think Napoli is a much better and complete team. Arsenal might win tonight but for 1.95 ? I don't think so that is a fair price. I honestly prefer backing Napoli here and I can see them going home with atleast a point in this game. Rafa is world class tactician and IMO he is one of the very best tacticians out there. My pick for this game: Double chance Napoli 1.85@ bet365.

Re: Arsenal v Napoli - Tuesday October 1st One I like for tonight is draw home win no bet at 1.83 with Bwin. I think the teams are very evenly matched. Under Benitez I think the plan Napoli have for the group stages is to concentrate on winning the home matches and avoiding defeat in the aways which is why I don't expect them to be too adventurous tonight. Nothing lost if they fall short and Arsenal are too strong.

Re: Arsenal v Napoli - Tuesday October 1st Arsenal v Napoli Ramsey 1st goal @ 11.00 WillHill I can see plenty of value here on the Welshman. His confidence is sky high at the moment and with himself and the team playing well he'll be eager to keep impressing on the big stage. He's already got 5 goals in the last 4 games and everything he seems to touch lately turns to gold so if he can get an early chance tonight I'm confident it'll find the net.