** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

NFL week two picks

danj2202

Just want to jump on this early 10pts New york jets +13 to beat new england patriots 20/23 paddy power I think the patriots offense doesnt look quite synchronised yet and the news that shane vereen is out after breaking a bone in his wrist is a blow as well as legarrett blount is now the likely man to spell stevan ridley and blount is garbage. The jets defense alone is good enough to keep this close and geno and the rest of gang green were reasonable enough in beating a tampa team whos defense is better than the pats in my opinion. Only see this line moving against this bet Good luck to all who play Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Re: NFL week two picks I'm sticking with 3 units, instead of 5, since I had two huge wrong estimation about Ravens and Eagles, also there are some teams I still didn't see live. So, there's no hurry to increase the stakes. Patriots vs. Jets I’m taking and posting this early, since public seems to be in the same page with me and I’m losing fractions of odds. Tom Brady had a rough season opener against Bills, who were missing two best defensive backs. He had some communication issues with his completely new receiving corpse, despite being impressive in clutch time as always, it was easily seen that he was frustrated most of the time. They’ll get better as time goes, but a short week won’t help that. Moreover, the most consistent offensive producer, RB Shane Vereen will miss this contest, as well as most consistent receiver Danny Amendola has injury issues, he was limited in training today and he’s a game-time decision. And if those are not enough, preseason’s shining TE Zach Sudfeld was also limited today. As Rob Gronkowski also expected to sit, T.Brady has a very thin playmaking options under his wings. Geno Smith had a rollercoaster performance in his debut pro game, he was solid in clutch time, but during the game, he had some rookie mistakes. I expect him to make more rookie mistakes in a national televised game, on the road against an underrated Patriots’ defense. Jets is thin and unqualified at both rushing and receiving personnel, except tight ends. Running game was not existing against Bucs and I certainly doubt, if it’ll increase against Pats’ defensive front seven. Marty Mornhinweg is a pass-first OC, but after seeing them to produce low against Bucs’ defensive secondary, which is not that bad as they were last year, but still not as good as Pats’, it’s hard to believe, they will produce more against Patriots, as well. Patriots doesn’t have adequate number of reliable options to torture Jets’ inexperienced secondary, Tom Brady will still hurt them for sure, but not like he would did, if this was a Week 5 match up. Jets has a really good and underrated defensive front seven, which will hurt Pats, as they’re thin at rushing personnel as well. I expect an ugly Patriots win, Jets to score around 10 and Patriots to stay under 30 points. Under 44 3/10 @1.885 ps: I'll have more plays, most definitely. But, two of them started to move to better direction, for me, so no need to rush with them. I'm liking two others, I'll take and post them early, if I see public agrees with me.

Re: NFL week two picks New Orleans -3 10/11 Skybet, cant see this spread lasting long though. Saints had a bad season by their standards last year,yet managed to beat the bucks in the 2 games they met, 2nd game 41-0 with an awful defence. new defensive co ordinator looks to have made a big difference ,they should be a far better team this year in every way. looks a great bet even this early in the season.

Ok two more 3 pts Jacksonville +6 to beat oakland 10/11 generally available This is an anti oakland play more than anything else. Both these teams are garbage and i am not buying terrell pryor just yet as he cannot throw a pass. Chad henne should start for the injured blaine gabbert which amazingly is probably an uograde for the jags and the raiders shouldnt be favoured by 6 against anybody. I am not necessarily comfortable with this play but its one i have to make. 6pts New york giants +4.5 to beat denver 10/11 generally available There are not many teams i wouldnt take on as 4.5 favourites in the meadowlands. Everything i said about denver last week stands, until michael oher left that game they hadnt got close to laying a finger on flacco and were in a dogfight. There will be no rookie 5th round draft picks on the offensive line in this game and eli has the weapons to punish the lack of a rush in nicks, cruc, randle and myers. It could develop into a shootout as the giants linebackers look a worry to me but i cannot refuse the giants at home and i am taking the points against a denver team i feel is a little overrated after the week one performance where they got their revenge on the champs. Good luck to all who play Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Re: NFL week two picks Bills vs. Panthers This also started to move and I can't wait more, since I fear of an over time, here. I can't afford to risk to lose more points from total line. Despite playing unimpressive, both teams could’ve started new campaign with wins against heavy favorites. But, they both collapsed at clutch time and couldn’t make the upsets. Bills started as a heavy running team, as expected. Rookie E.J. Manuel threw the ball for only 27 times, which is not a surprising thing, as this team has running backs like Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller, whereas they’re thin at receving personel. Also, they’ll miss back up WR Marquise Goodwin, which will decrease Manuel’s potential hands to target. C.J. Spiller made a terrible start to the season and although, this is an early season, the situation in which couple solid running backs sharing the snaps, won’t help the team, in overall. Panthers limited Marshawn Lynch to only 43 yards in 17 carries, which was not surprising, since the front seven is the strongest point of its defensive team, whereas they consistently pressured Russell Wilson, which shouldn’t change against Bills as well, which misses T Chris Hairston because of injury and G Andy Levitre left the team, this summer. Wilson got sacked only couple times, due to his excellent maneuvering, but I believe E.J. Manuel will definitely have a harder time against Panthers’ defensive front seven. Panthers struggle with their secondary, but Bills is not a good fit to torture them on air. Cam Newton had a terrible season opener, after a mediocre preseason, just like last season. He threw the ball only 23 times and rushed only for 5 times. He lacks reliable personnel to throw, except Steve Smith and he lacks depth with rushing personnel. DeAngelo Williams opened the season with couple fumbles, as well. It’s obvious Newton will face a softer defense then Seahawks, but he has limited number of playmakers under his wings, and couple of them are not reliable, at all. They had an OK O-Line last season, but it didn’t get better and as they have injury issues, some might argue it’s worse, this season. TE Greg Olsen had a good game against Seahawks, but Bills is one of the best defenses against TE’s, as they added OLB Manny Lawson, this summer. Bills held Patriots’ TE receving product to only 5 yards, last weekend. All in all, I expect a heavy-running game, as long as something comes out from special teams, I really doubt to see any flashy play on air, throughout the whole game. I can’t decide about the winner and probability of over time frightens me, but I still believe even if this game goes to OT, total should not exceed the line. Under 43.5 3/10 @1.935

Re: NFL week two picks Thursday night preview: 4pts New York Jets (+12) to beat New England Patriots 1.87 Betfred Whether the Jets cause an upset or not remains to be seen but I certainly don’t see them being taken apart here. The Patriots are bashed up offensively and could struggle more than they’d like against a perfectly effective Jets defence while Smith seems to have added an extra dimension to the Jets in attack. Whichever way this one ends up going I’m confident the Jets will be closer than 12pts come the end. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-york-jets--new-england-patriots-betting-jets-can-stay-close-to-bashed-up-patriots-offense

Re: NFL week two picks Patriots vs. Jets I believe to catch an interesting play among the props. As Patriots will be missing R.Gronkowski and S.Vereen, for sure, D.Amendola is already listed out at some sources and Z.Sudfeld and A.Dobson will not have significant number of snaps, even if they play. That leaves couple receiving options for T.Brady, these are J.Edelman and K.Thompkins. J.Edelman will start as slot receiver and will be Brady's favorite target. He'll be used for possession plays and red zone plays. But, I believe K.Thompkins will have more than adequate number of targets in order to cover this line. He'd been targeted 13 times against Bills, but only caught 4 of them and made tons of mistakes: He ran the wrong route, he couldn't land down properly in couple of them and he slipped and fell at some of them. It is not the end of world for a undrafted rookie with a huge hype from preseason, did some rookie mistakes. Even if he doesn't get any better at all and I don't think that'll happen, he'll see tons of playing time and he'll be targeted 8-9 times, at least, anyway, since Pats is incredibly thin with receiving personnel. Jets doesn't have a world beater secondary defense. A.Cromartie is a very solid starter, but his compatriot D.Milliner is a rookie, already get torched by V.Jackson in first week and FS position is definitely one of the weakest points of that defensive team. Jets allowed 185 passing yards against Bucs, despite pressuring J.Freeman constantly and J.Freeman also had accuracy issues, throughout the game. K.Thompkins will be matched with A.Cromartie for most of the game and it's not a good match up to bounce back from a awful debut performance, but A.Cromartie seemed pretty pedestrian in first week. In last five regular season games against Jets, T.Brady is 115/170 for 1558 yards, 9.16 yards per attempt average. This time, he'll have the most weakened receiving personnel around, but despite Jets' coach R.Ryan tries different schemes in every single game, T.Brady was recently a beast against Jets. Now, he'll face a better Jets defense against rush, he already has only one solid rusher behind his back, so he'll have to throw around 50, as he did against Bills. That will mean Thompkins targets to remain similar, and as long as he can keep himself together, a little bit more, that should return as 7-8 receptions. So, this line will get beaten with a conservative 9.5 yards per reception average. Despite being disastrous against Bills, Thompkins still caught 4 of those 13 targets, for 42 yards. My line for this bet is 75.5 yards. K.Thompkins to record over 69.5 receiving yards 3/10 @ 1.9 Ladbrokes (Boyle has 1.87)

Re: NFL week two picks Under cashed in by far, Thompkins had an another dissapointing game...Congrats to Jets' backers, as well. Public strongly opposes my upcoming play and the line became perfect for me, so no need to wait more. Bears vs. Vikings 71.5125...This is QB rating average per game of Christian Ponder, when Vikings played on the road in 2012. He did even worse against Lions and he’ll face a definitely better defensive team, this week. He got picked for three times, fumbled once and sacked three times. Besides having a terrible QB, Vikings will continue missing FB Jerome Felton, which will keep hurting Adrian Peterson’s production, as it did in week 1. Peterson produced 100+ total yards and three TD’s, which seems ok, but 78 of those yards came at the first play of Peterson, he produced 15 yards in 17 carries, after that. After receiving the huge contract WR Greg Jennings seemed totally uninterested and WR Jerome Simpson, who had the huge night with 7 receptions and 140 yards, produced total of 274 yards last season and he’s not a reliable receiver to repeat such a performance for consecutive weeks, at all. So, Vikings’ offensive end is full with problems. But, things are not bright in the defensive end, as well. They lost league’s one of the best CB’s Antoine Winfield, there are some starters with declining careers like DT Kevin Williams and DE Jared Allen. They allowed Matthew Stafford to havea solid game and if Megatron hadn’t done some mistakes, which he very rarely does, it could’ve got even uglier for Vikings’ defense. As expected before season, QB Jay Cutler has better protection this season. He hadn’t got sacked, despite playing against Bengals’ great pass rushing forces and produced a solid performance, despite couldn’t find adequate production from his running backs. Matt Forte-Michael Bush tandem is not a 2.55 yards per carry tandem and they will flourish against Vikings’ defensive front seven, who led 117 yards to Lions. On the defensive end, despite the retirement of Brian Urlacher, this is not a bad defensive team at all. They have couple playmakers at secondary and the front seven got better with additions like D.J. Williams and James Harrison. Bears came back against a contender from 21-10, first week, whereas Vikings almost destroyed against a mediocre team. I would love to take Bears to win by a TD, especially when public thinks the opposite. Bears(-5.5) 3/10 @1.95

Re: NFL week two picks Ravens vs. Browns Reigning champions is at home opener, after getting destroyed by a contender in the first week. It’s obvious they’ll be extremely motivated, but they have some obvious issues to be solved out and although, I believe they’ll win this, it’ll be ugly. J.Flacco has issues with receiving personnel, after losing A.Boldin and D.Pitta to various reasons, he’ll not have J.Jones, this week. That leaves T.Smith as his only trustable option, but he’ll be matched with J.Haden, one of the best corner backs around the league. Rookie M.Brown and aged B.Stokley will have to step up, but it’s very speculative for me to think either of them to have a huge game. R.Rice is a terrific football player for sure, but he’ll face with a team which held L.Miller at 3 yards on 10 carries, first week. It’ll be stupid to compare those two players, but it’s obvious that Browns’ best part is their superiority in rush defense. B.Weeden had an awful display against Dolphins. Offensive line seemed to struggle, unexperienced receivers had lots of drops and Browns gave the ball to T.Richardson, only 15 times whole game. B.Weeden had an impressive bounce back game, after screwing his first game last season, but this Ravens team will be much more aggressive then that Bengals team and I don’t expect him to put such a strong bounce back effort. I believe, Browns will learn from mistakes and handle the ball to T.Richardson much more then they did in week one. Also, problems about O-Line should continue, as they still have some injuries at there and Ravens have a hell of pass rushing personnel, who should pressure B.Weeden all game long. I expect both teams to rely more on ground offense, for various reasons and I expect a struggling, defensive game overall. Ravens will win it, but I really doubt if they can score around 30’s. I expect something like 20-14... Under 44 3/10 @ 1.877

Re: NFL week two picks Sunday TV previews: 4pts Minnesota (+6) to beat Chicago 10/11 Ladbrokes Chicago will fancy themselves in this game but I think Minnesota can run them close. In Adrian Peterson they have such an offensive weapon but in Jennings, Simpson and Rudolph, Ponder has players to find through the air. The Vikings defence wasn’t at its best last week but generally they are a good unit and if they can get to Jay Cutler here they could open the game up. Chicago may still win but I think the visitors can stay within 6pts. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/minnesota-vikings--chicago-bears-betting-adrian-peterson-can-keep-the-vikes-close-to-the-bears 4pts E.Manning Over 290.5 Passing Yards 10/11 Skybet The absence of Von Miller and Champ Bailey from the Denver defence should encourage both the Giants side but Eli in particular. He threw for over 450 yards last week against a Dallas side who were able to get some pressure on him and with the Giants running game almost non-existent now and the large chance that the Big Blue could trail for much of this match I expect Eli to throw the ball a lot in this game which should see him dwarf a passing yards line of 290.5. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/denver-broncos--new-york-giants-betting-eli-can-pile-up-the-yards-in-the-manning-bowl 4pts Seattle (-3) to beat San Francisco 21/20 Coral I like Seattle this season and if they can establish a strong run game through Marshawn Lynch then I think they have everything in place to win this and perhaps even win it a shade easily like the last time these two met in Seattle. Lynch ran for 111 yards in the corresponding fixture last year and he is the key here. Eddie Lacy had some success against San Francisco last week so you have to feel Lynch will go well too. If he does Seattle should be too strong here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/san-francisco-49ers--seattle-seahawks-betting-marshawn-lynch-can-run-the-hawks-to-victory

Re: NFL week two picks Washington @ Green Bay, over 50.0, @1.91, 3/10 points 2 teams with 2 of the best passing QBs in the league. Rodgers was 1st last season in QB rating and RG3 3rd. It looks like Washington won't be using Griffin in the running game like they did last season, so it will be easier to stop Morris. Also Eddie Lacy had just 41 yards against SF, in the typical Packers running-game way. Both teams will be throwing the ball a lot and that should mean lots of points. Both defenses looked bad last week, with Green Bay allowing 412 passing yards from Kaepernick and Washington letting Vick put up his best performance in a long time (112 Qb rating). Both games these teams played last week went 60+ points, so the line at 50 looks a bit low.

Re: NFL week two picks Seahawks vs. 49ers It'll be shorter then usual, as the game starts in 2+ hours. Seahawks is beast against rushing, but C.Kaepernick definitely showed he has more weapons in his arsenal rather then play option, against Packers. And, despite lacking personnel in receiving unit, he seemed to have a perfect communication with A.Boldin, already. Seahawks has arguably the best defensive unit of the league, but I doubt them to hold 49ers under 20-25 points. 49ers has arguably the best O-Line and C.Kaepernick has a perfect protection and always has adequate seconds to make the correct decisions. R.Wilson will rise the challenge for sure, he also had a solid season debut game at Carolina, M.Lynch had a bad game and 49ers is the most ideal team to bounce back, but he'll eventually get better in home opener. Home opener for Seahawks and this is a challenge of two contenders, which being led by two rising superstars and it's definitely the game of the week. I expect a game dominated by offensive units, although people seem to think, otherwise. Except the last two weeks of last season, last time a sunday night premiere game didn't beat this line was 11th week of 2012 season. And there always had been offensive bonanzas, games finishing with 60+, 70+ points...I expect to see lots of rushing from both QB's and both teams to depend on passing game, more. I expect both to score around 25 and this line to get beaten relatively easily. ​over 43.5 3/10 @ 1.901

Re: NFL week two picks Monday night preview: 4pts Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati - Under 41pts 10/11 Ladbrokes I don’t think this will be a high scoring match. Pittsburgh are bashed up a bit and looked pretty poor offensively last week while Cincinnati have a good enough defence to restrict them. Pittsburgh have a decent defence themselves while the Bengals aren’t completely convincing just yet if AJ Green can get shut down. 41 points looks a little on the low side as I wouldn’t say either are guaranteed to get 20pts here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pittsburgh-steelers--cincinnati-bengals-betting-afc-north-clash-could-be-typically-low-scoring

Re: NFL week two picks Bengals vs. Steelers Bengals has one of the best defensive front seven’s around the league, Titans has an OK one, but not definitely as good as Bengals and Titans sacked Big Ben for 5(!) times. Steelers had an already bad O-Line after losing Willie Colon for financial reasons, now they have an absolutely dreadful O-Line after losing Maurkice Pouncey. O-Line neither can protected Big Ben, nor created running lanes. Steelers only produced 32(!) rushing yards against Titans. Moreover, only RB who showed some positive signs, La’Rod Stephens-Howling is gone for season and rookie Le’Veon Bell will not be ready for this week, as well. So, the snaps will be shared amongst Isaac Redman, who is capable of being a third-string back up at best and Jonathan Dwyer ,who had been cut by Steelers prior to regular season. As Mike Wallace is gone, TE Heath Miller is the more trustable target for Big Ben, but he’ll miss this game, as well. On the defensive end, Steelers still has a solid unit and an excellent DC Dick LeBeau. But, there are concerns about secondary and facing Bengals on the road, is not a good spot for them. The secondary includes three very good veterans with ages 33, 33 and 32. All of them had a bad campaign in 2012, which is a concern. Despite getting already passed his prime, they lost ILB Larry Foote for season, which will cost them some depth at that position, as they’ll have to expect some production from a 6th rounder rookie, Vince Williams. Besides that position, front seven has couple other issues, James Harrison and Casey Hampton left the team this summer, meaning the coaching staff looks for couple young, former first rounders to produce in every down, which may take some time, as well. Steelers has a good pass rush and a good QB, as long as you give him some time, but other then that, they have too many issues going on to cope with a Bengals team, on the road. Bengals seemed to have problems with rushing game as well, but as rookie Giovani Bernard will start to carry more, their issues will diminish. But, this is not the issue against Steelers’ solid defense against run. Bengals screwed 21-10 lead in season opener, will host a division rival in home opener. They’ll be in attacking mode. And when you consider offensive vulnerability of Steelers and Bengals’ strong points at the defensive end, I really have hard time to imagine how Steelers will score more then 13-14 points and in that case, Bengals’ offense has enough talent to crack that Steelers’ defense throughout the late frames of the game. I expect Bengals to win something like 24-14. Bengals(-6.5) 3/10 @ 2

Re: NFL week two picks Bengals vs. Steelers I have one another bet from this game and this might seem to be having similar roots, so you can skip, but I took, because I like the odds and I like to fade public in this one, too. Steelers doesn't have a rushing play, so Big Ben might be expect to throw more, but Bengals' defensive secondary is not pedestrian, held J.Cutler for 242 yards. Bengals has a huge pass rushing potential and the Steelers' O-Line, who gave tons of sacks against Titans will not contain Bengals' defensive front seven. Big Ben will be under huge pressure throughout the game and despite Big Ben is known for his abilities outside of the pocket, he may have struggling drives, throughout the game. A.Dalton's best target A.J.Green will be doubled all game, but Steelers' secondary is aged and didn't have a solid game against Titans. A.Dalton seemed to have a good connection with TE's and opposite receivers to Green, named like M.Sanu and M.Jones are "ok" players with promising careers ahead, can step up to relieve their signal caller. Both Dalton and Big Ben attempted 33 plays in first game and Dalton outyarded 282-191. Bengals have similar secondary with Titans quality wise, they have much better pass rushing potential and they're at home opener, after losing first game on the road. Steelers is in bounce back situation as well, but it's not sole enough for Big Ben to be favorited in this match up, for me. A.Dalton(+4.5) passing yards against B.Roethlisberger 3/10 @ 2.11 (pinnacle)

Re: NFL week two picks week 2 recap: Patriots - Jets: 13-10 +2.655 Bills - Panthers: 24-23 -3 K.Thompkins passing yards: 47 -3 Bears - Vikings: 31-30 -3 Ravens - Browns: 14-6 +2.631 Seahawks - 49ers: 29-3 -3 Bengals - Steelers: 20-10 +3 A.Dalton - B.Roethlisberger: 280-251 +3.33 9W-0V-6L 45u staked +7.849u %17.442 ROI