** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

FC Barcelona v Ajax > Wed 18th September

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Barcelona v Ajax (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]23[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: FC Barcelona v Ajax > Wed 18th September Barcelona - ajax First time Ajax and barca will meet in an official match, strange if you see the history of both teams in europe. Ajax is struggling they played terrible against Zwolle this weekend, Zwolle should have won or scored at least twice. Both Ajax goals were own goals. Eriksen and Alderweireld both were two key players for Ajax and left the club, Ajax replaced Eriksen with duarte from Heracles but he is not even close to Eriksen yet. Siem de jong another key player, played he first minutes this weekend after being out for a month with a collapsed long. He can not play the whole match but maybe 45 min. Not sure de boer will take a big risk with him because next sunday Ajax will play PSV at Eindhoven. In the last 5 matches Ajax conceded at least 1 goal and their keeper Vermeer is not in good form. Probarly line up is hard to guess. Left back Blind is back but did not played a match in three weeks. In the big matches de boer always used Poulsen as central midfielder. So i guess it will look like this, vermeer, v rhijn, moisander, boilesen, poulsen, serero, schone, fischer, sightorsson, bojan. I think the barca attack will destroy Ajax same happened last two seasons when they played real Madrid, and now they are missing their best 3 players. Barca -2 odds 2 unibet 10/10 barca -3 odds 3.2 unibet 7/10 barca to win both halves odds 2 unibet 4/10 correct score 4-0 odds 9.5 unibet 1/10 correct score 5-0 odds 14 unibet 1/10

Re: FC Barcelona v Ajax > Wed 18th September I don't disagree at all, losing Eriksen was a big blow as he was certainly the man who made things happen in midfield, fair to say no-one in that team is near his level. One thing that might weaken Ajax even more, is Bojan eligable to play against Barca?

Re: FC Barcelona v Ajax > Wed 18th September

I don't disagree at all' date=' losing Eriksen was a big blow as he was certainly the man who made things happen in midfield, fair to say no-one in that team is near his level. One thing that might weaken Ajax even more, is Bojan eligable to play against Barca?[/quote'] It does not really matter if Bojan will play as he is in awful form. No rhythm at all, just walking with the ball and no action to pass a defender in the Eredivisie. Ajax should play something like 4-5-1 and try to limit the score.

Re: FC Barcelona v Ajax > Wed 18th September Not sure jepserdinho about the barca to nil bet. Like i said Ajax will be play 4-3-3 at try to play their own game in passing the ball. The Ajax defence will be a complete mess after the the quick passing game of barca and will spread wide open. But Ajax can get a goal, on set pieces like they did against man city last year, of course Eriksen was the men to take the set pieces. Or a lucky goal like boerrigter scored against real Madrid. barca to win to nil odds 2 at betfair, personally i think the -2 is a far better bet. Odds also around 2.0 because i see barca scoring easily three goals.

Re: FC Barcelona v Ajax > Wed 18th September over [email protected] is my bet tonight i think with the firepower that barca posses at the moment, they can easily put a few goals pass ajax. But Ajax could score a goal or two also as they still have de jong and sigporsson in their team which may cause barca defense some problem. scoring goals will not be a problem for barca as messi and co.

Re: FC Barcelona v Ajax > Wed 18th September I'm a Ajax fan for whole my life and I watched many games live in the last few years. I really like their coach F. de Boer and his thoughts about bringing ajax back on top level with a limited budget. You can only respect that with a lot of old players with so much experience on international top level. Cruijf as a leader will surely pay off in a few years but it's not instant. That's impossible for a club like Ajax because Dutch teams can NEVER cope with european clubs like Barca, Real, Man utd, City etc.. Because their budget is 10 times higher or even more. 2 years ago they really changed something at the club and cleaned the mess. Now they have a clear view for the upcoming 5 years and it will take time, that's a fact. Ajax again lost 2 key players in Alderweireld and especially Eriksen who already showed his class for the one who doubted him. Real blow for Ajax and you saw in the last 2 games they are searching for some new leaders in game. This game will come way too early for Ajax. They will get destroyed by Barcelona, but who cares? We can all have some nice profit but the most important thing is that Ajax will play Champions league again every year and young players will rise. Barca is fielding a very dangerous side with messi, neymar, sanchez, iniesta, fabregas, busquets, dani alves, pique, adriano and macherano with valdes. only xavi will be benched but that's no problem for them Because I really rate Fabregas high! fantastic player and he can score goals. We will see a one sided match tonight and Barcelona will dominate although Ajax will try to put some pressure and play their own game. But that's the biggest mistake you can make with this unexperienced side. Too many fring players and chaos will arrive when they loose the ball and Barcelona launches a counter-attack. They will get punished for sure. Their are only 2 ways to defeat barcelona. Munchen and Real already showed it by putting so much pressure on them that they can't reach their normal possesion level and use fast counter attacks against a defence who ALWAYS concedes against every opponent. So not surprised if Ajax scores somehow tonight. Or like Celtic to just defend for 90 minutes with some great strong players and fight a physical battle. But Ajax can't do either. So that will be their problem. Frank de Boer is not retarted. In the back of his mind he knows that their asses will be kicked but he hopes that Messi and Co will not be in top form and score 6 times or more. I'm on the -1.5 and -2.5 handicaps for tonight with big stakes but no matter what. I really think that Ajax made a good decision last years and that they will deliver in the upcoming years but for now it's way too early! goodluck guys

Re: FC Barcelona v Ajax > Wed 18th September De opstelling van Ajax: Vermeer; Van Rhijn, Moisander, Denswil, Blind; Poulsen, Duarte, De Jong; Boilesen, Bojan en Sigthórsson Looks like boilesen will play as a left winger on Alves in addition to my poste i also like moisander to get a card. He is a slow defender and will try to show he is a experienced player with too much energy resulting in a yellow card. odds 2.6 unibet 6/10

I'm a Ajax fan for whole my life and I watched many games live in the last few years. I really like their coach F. de Boer and his thoughts about bringing ajax back on top level with a limited budget. You can only respect that with a lot of old players with so much experience on international top level. Cruijf as a leader will surely pay off in a few years but it's not instant. That's impossible for a club like Ajax because Dutch teams can NEVER cope with european clubs like Barca' date= Real, Man utd, City etc.. Because their budget is 10 times higher or even more. 2 years ago they really changed something at the club and cleaned the mess. Now they have a clear view for the upcoming 5 years and it will take time, that's a fact. Ajax again lost 2 key players in Alderweireld and especially Eriksen who already showed his class for the one who doubted him. Real blow for Ajax and you saw in the last 2 games they are searching for some new leaders in game. This game will come way too early for Ajax. They will get destroyed by Barcelona, but who cares? We can all have some nice profit but the most important thing is that Ajax will play Champions league again every year and young players will rise. Barca is fielding a very dangerous side with messi, neymar, sanchez, iniesta, fabregas, busquets, dani alves, pique, adriano and macherano with valdes. only xavi will be benched but that's no problem for them Because I really rate Fabregas high! fantastic player and he can score goals. We will see a one sided match tonight and Barcelona will dominate although Ajax will try to put some pressure and play their own game. But that's the biggest mistake you can make with this unexperienced side. Too many fring players and chaos will arrive when they loose the ball and Barcelona launches a counter-attack. They will get punished for sure. Their are only 2 ways to defeat barcelona. Munchen and Real already showed it by putting so much pressure on them that they can't reach their normal possesion level and use fast counter attacks against a defence who ALWAYS concedes against every opponent. So not surprised if Ajax scores somehow tonight. Or like Celtic to just defend for 90 minutes with some great strong players and fight a physical battle. But Ajax can't do either. So that will be their problem. Frank de Boer is not retarted. In the back of his mind he knows that their asses will be kicked but he hopes that Messi and Co will not be in top form and score 6 times or more. I'm on the -1.5 and -2.5 handicaps for tonight with big stakes but no matter what. I really think that Ajax made a good decision last years and that they will deliver in the upcoming years but for now it's way too early! goodluck guys
Great night!

Barcelona - ajax First time Ajax and barca will meet in an official match, strange if you see the history of both teams in europe. Ajax is struggling they played terrible against Zwolle this weekend, Zwolle should have won or scored at least twice. Both Ajax goals were own goals. Eriksen and Alderweireld both were two key players for Ajax and left the club, Ajax replaced Eriksen with duarte from Heracles but he is not even close to Eriksen yet. Siem de jong another key player, played he first minutes this weekend after being out for a month with a collapsed long. He can not play the whole match but maybe 45 min. Not sure de boer will take a big risk with him because next sunday Ajax will play PSV at Eindhoven. In the last 5 matches Ajax conceded at least 1 goal and their keeper Vermeer is not in good form. Probarly line up is hard to guess. Left back Blind is back but did not played a match in three weeks. In the big matches de boer always used Poulsen as central midfielder. So i guess it will look like this, vermeer, v rhijn, moisander, boilesen, poulsen, serero, schone, fischer, sightorsson, bojan. I think the barca attack will destroy Ajax same happened last two seasons when they played real Madrid, and now they are missing their best 3 players. Barca -2 odds 2 unibet 10/10 barca -3 odds 3.2 unibet 7/10 barca to win both halves odds 2 unibet 4/10 correct score 4-0 odds 9.5 unibet 1/10 correct score 5-0 odds 14 unibet 1/10
Incredible tipping, nice work :clap