BBOTD Friday 30th

cpo

3.55 Sandown - Breden 1pt win @ 7/2 Bet365 The horse that stands out in this race is the John Gosden trained Breden. He has returned to action this year a much stronger animal and looks to have improved massively from 2 to 3. He won very cosily on his return to action at Kempton despite not getting the clearest of runs. The form of that maiden was given a boost by I'm Fraam Govan winning next time out. Breden then won a competitive handicap at Newmarket off a mark of 82, coming from the back of the pack with a sustained run to get up close to the line. He had some much higher rated animals in behind that day but won it in the style of a very progressive horse. He is by far the most likely winner of this race IMO and he should go extremely close. This represents a drop in class. John Gosden continues in good form operating at a 24% strike rate and William Buick takes the ride who is one of the top jockeys at the track. There are enough question marks over the opposition in this race to warrant a confident win bet on Breden.

Re: BBOTD Friday 30th 3.00 Chester - The Confessor 8/1 Bet365 BOG I find this a very interesting race because of the draw bias at the track and of all the horses that come high up on my list this is the only one that has a good draw and the right running style to exploit it. He was running well earlier this season at Goodwood and Newmarket before running below form at Newbury and Ascot. I dont think running around Newbury on rain softened ground would have been up his street and a big field at Ascot the time before certainly wouldnt have been his cup of tea from this mark but under the right conditions the Henry Candy runner is more than capable of winning off this mark. Of the rest Dr Red Eye has a great record at the track but a really bad draw, Zacynthus has a good draw but is usually ridden with restraint, Chosen Character is another drawn wider than ideal and Secret Look had both a poor draw and a hold up running style.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.