** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Stars SNG Grinding

Danshot

So I have had a lot of focus issues with my game and tilting playing a major part of late , I would find myself knocked out of a tourney and trying to recover it immediately back heads up such as the other day pretty much blew my stack in Big $5.50 just around bubble then lost 2 x $7 Hyper HU games , followed my then $15 , leaving me down 600% more pretty stupid really. So got me thinking as time can sometimes be a issue what can I do to challenge myself so I cut down my Stars account , I thought I would try my luck mainly 4 tabling Super Turbo's 6 Max , I have now got Holdem Manager 2 running and have tracked my first 50 Games at $1.50 level and it reads like this : Played : 50 Net Winnings : Losing $7.38 $ICM Diff : $24.89 This calculates with % equity I've had so should actually be up around $17.51 , so going to take the positives from that. I have just $32.20 on my account , and will be looking to hit $100 before move up to $3.50 stakes and drop back down if hit $70. Key Points : 1) Will not grind these when playing MTTs on other sites. 2) Never open more than 6 tables at once 3) And most important try to have fun

Re: Hyper Turbo SNG Grind I played a few of these 6max hyper-turbos the other week and although profitable I personally found them to be too high variance to be worthwhile. The turbos run just as often as the hypers and there is much more room to actually play poker and actually learn unlike the hypers. I''ve played a few thousand heads up hypers and although profitable at the $15s the variance is cataclysmic and at a certain point unless you're a math genius in hypers the money just isn't going to be there so looking to the future I quit those games. If your plan is to stay at micro stakes and grind a small amount for the short term then fine, but looking to the future if your heart isn't in learning all the complex math that is needed for hypers then I suggest getting off that bus and hopping on a different one to save you time for the future :ok. Wish you all the best whichever path you choose :)

Re: Hyper Turbo SNG Grind

Good Luck with this Dan' date=' is HoldEm manager a useful tool to have? I downloaded a trial version of it but have never got round to using it.[/quote'] I can't stand playing with the HUD so i'm not really getting full usage out of the product it is just easier way to calculate the volume I'm doing

I played a few of these 6max hyper-turbos the other week and although profitable I personally found them to be too high variance to be worthwhile. The turbos run just as often as the hypers and there is much more room to actually play poker and actually learn unlike the hypers. I''ve played a few thousand heads up hypers and although profitable at the $15s the variance is cataclysmic and at a certain point unless you're a math genius in hypers the money just isn't going to be there so looking to the future I quit those games. If your plan is to stay at micro stakes and grind a small amount for the short term then fine, but looking to the future if your heart isn't in learning all the complex math that is needed for hypers then I suggest getting off that bus and hopping on a different one to save you time for the future :ok. Wish you all the best whichever path you choose :)
I have read a lot of comments about players saying there won't be any money in the hyper games , I used to play lots of heads up and indeed profitably just haven't got a bankroll anymore to sustain any form of swing as I cash out. I might switch to playing the Turbo's because I can easily 6 table 9 man games and more game play especially if I intend to play the odd MTT on the side , thanks for the input :ok Has for sticking to micro's part my frustration is due to staying at the micro's I would easily dedicate more time if I could get a bankroll behind me again

Re: Hyper Turbo SNG Grind I always think the Hyper's are only built for tilting (I'm one of them) or those chasing Supernova status. I personally hate using a HUD too and would never use one unless it was to measure something like this, or if I was a dedicated cash game player. Best of luck Dan hopefully that variance switches back in your favor.

I always think the Hyper's are only built for tilting (I'm one of them) or those chasing Supernova status. I personally hate using a HUD too and would never use one unless it was to measure something like this' date=' or if I was a dedicated cash game player. Best of luck Dan hopefully that variance switches back in your favor.[/quote'] Thanks for taking time to post it always encourages me to play well when know have plenty of support :) As previously mentioned I have now made my decision to stop hyper-turbo's and focus on standard turbo's for the near future once I figure out my finance's and get time to grind again before holiday times

Re: Stars SNG Grinding So reset the Holdem Manager and got in my first 18 games , played 10 tables at time and seemed pretty comfortable all bit it can't tile them as using laptop but so far avoid any misclicks :-) Currently up $16.97 though HEM2 says $15.89 which works out as missing 4 x 27c bounties , this win-rate is clearly unsustainable with my EV actually $7.60 which would still be incredibly respectable at $1.50 level. Only won 3 of 9 times got to heads up but only finished 3rd 3 times so hoping to means i'm using good ICM logic instead of missing value. Will update when get in bit more volume

Re: Stars SNG Grinding Have these set up now though due to sample sizes right now I'm probably going to build up the database before I fully utilise and get any extra value from it. Also decided to stick to the 6 max SnGs which seem be crushing got Heads Up 14 out of first 24 games and won 11 for a 80%+ ROI obvs I'm clearly running above EV but the compared to breaking even and running below EV in first 30 x 9 Man SNGs I've always felt more comfortable at short-handed play where your opponents have to play more hands post flop against you. Will be low on volume till after mid-sept due to upcoming events planned with Sophie which should provide a welcome refresh which all need time to time to stay motivated.

Re: Stars SNG Grinding So far Profit & Loss is $27.63 over just 59 Games , believe HEM2 has miss off a few 27c bounties as accounts $25.97 profit , so running at almost 30% ROI which pretty happy with considering noticed my weakest is push/fold on flop , if get all in on turn my EV is 80% + , yet on flop is only 45% hopefully this is a short term issue but will note it down to monitor as get a few hundred and then thousand games under my belt