Ligue 2 > 9th - 12th August

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [/TR] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn] Friday 9 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AJ Auxerre v Nîmes Olympique (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]109.67 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Créteil v FC Metz (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]109.97 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Le Havre AC v Clermont Foot (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]109.94 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stade Lavallois v SM Caen (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]109.89 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Tours v Chamois Niortais (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]109.82 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 10 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Angers SCO v LB Châteauroux (13:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.85[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]109.82 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]CA Bastia v AS Nancy (13:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]109.82 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Dijon FCO v RC Lens (13:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]109.49 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Troyes AC v AC Arles-Avignon (13:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]109.71 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 12 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stade Brestois 29 v Istres (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.85[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]108.66 % [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ligue 2 > 9th - 12th August Ca Bastia-Nancy pick : Nancy ah0 2.03 sbo 6/10 an arly one for me here, very tight schedule for CA bastia here with the league cup match (3matches in 6days), while Nancy doesnt have to play this first round, it s important to note that Ca bastia will play at furiani this year(stadium of SC bastia) and not at erbajolo, we can expect the stadium to be almost 90% empty , i rate this nancy team a class above , Ca bastia has not so much to oppose except their fighting spirit , they appear as a pretty limited team as we saw vs Lens , with the full draw cover Nancy looks a bit big to me here and fancy this line Good luck

Re: Ligue 2 > 9th - 12th August Ideas for me is Le Havre at Home 1 against Clermont; guests has started very well yes, but I can see more quality in the host squad, only things worriyng me is that they (LEhavre) have used practically the same squad for the cup.Same thoights are for Caen away at Laval, guests here should be very superior, Duhamel and the other key player has been rested and will return today. Laval was usually quite good at home, but given recent results and presentation of the teams given i the thread, an x2 and a fixed 2 is a must.Auxerre also seems to have started very strong, in effect the team , for the little i know, it seems quite strong to me. You know, this is second League so a lot of equality between teams, Nimes must react after bad begin, but Auxerre full of confidence seems advantaged to me. 1X seems safer for me. So something telling me to trust more the quotes of Lehavre with an 1 sign, adding 1x of Auxerre and 2 or x2 of Caen and charging some 4 stakes.... any super of Meatman and Atko to give us top reasoning? Gl To all

Re: Ligue 2 > 9th - 12th August Auxerre – Nimes Team news Auxerre have no new injury concerns. Frederic Sammaritano still isn’t fit enough to be included in the squad though and Rudy Haddad remains out. Marco Ramos and Adama Coulibaly were both given a rest in the midweek cup but I’d expect them to come back into the side here. It sounds like Bernard Casoni will be employing his 4-4-2 again which means guys like Segbefia, N’Tep and Monconduit will be out of their natural positions. Nimes still miss key centre back Benoit Poulain and the backline looked really weak without him last week. Left winger Anthony Koura who impressed on debut last Friday is also an injury. The biggest news is that key AMID Vincent Gragnic is carrying a knock and is doubtful. Verdict I like Auxerre here and I fancy them to get the 3 points. They looked solid in defence last week at Nancy and then followed that up with a midweek cup win 4-1 in Brest. Confidence will be high and they have a few other factors in their favour too. Some players were rested midweek so will be fresh, whilst the the majority of the Nimes XI will have played 3 matches in the space of a week. Nimes will also be tired from travelling all over the country in the last few days. It’ll take it out of them and I see Auxerre prevailing. Odds of 1.90 on a- 0.25 line are good enough for me to back them. Prediction: Auxerre 2-0 Nimes Betting recommendation: Auxerre -0.25 @ 1.88 4/10 Creteil – Metz Team news Creteil have no new injury concerns and they don’t miss anyone of important. The biggest worry for them will be that they played extra time in the midweek cup. This might not be such a big factor though because only 4 of my predicted XI for this game actually played the full 120 mins on Tuesday night. So the coach has done a good job of squad rotation here and they might not affected as badly as some might think. Metz’s main injury doubt is to important right back Metanire who is likely to be benched. They have no other new injury concerns and the squad should be fairly fresh because they rested some players in the cup midweek. I think this could be a close game between two promoted teams. Creteil did play extra time in the cup midweek as opposed to Metz only encountering 90 mins, but as I previously mentioned this wont be such a big factor as you might think. What does concern me from Metz’s point of view is their travelling in recent days. They’ve had to go to Caen Tues night, and now here so could be tired. This is less of a factor for Creteil who only had to go to Boulogne midweek (small distance). The hosts are an underrated side and were quite impressive last Friday night when they beat Nimes. I think they could edge this match and I’m happy to take them @1.99 on a -0.25 line. Prediction: Creteil 1-0 Metz Betting recommendation Creteil -0.25 @ 1.99 4/10 Laval – Caen Team news Laval have left back Guillaume Rippert injured which is a shame because he played very well last week for them on debut. The useless Makan Traore has been given the boot though and either Kevin Perrot or Ben Djemia will replace Rippert in the team. Sebastien Renouard remains out, whilst 4 predicted starters were all benched in the midweek cup so should be fresher than the others. Caen have no new injury concerns, but they still leave Fajr and Calve out of the squad, young talent Larry Nangis is also left out here. Caen squad is generally in very good condition and a few players were given complete breathers in the midweek cup. Verdict I’ve got to give Caen the edge here. They have started the season in really good form and their attack force especially looks very impressive. Laval’s major weak point is usually defence so the visitors should be able to really take advantage of that fact. Also Laval just don’t seem to have any confidence right now and opened the campaign with a couple of 0-1 losses. This will be their first home ligue match though and this is the type of fixture they usually ‘get themselves up for’ Before I have the confidence to back Caen on the road I need to see them get a result. Personally I think Caen are slightly overrated with the bookies here and I’d prefer to take a DNB on them, not -0.25. I think Caen will win it, but I’m not going to back them. Prediction: Laval 1-2 Caen Betting recommendation: None Le Havre – Clermont Team news Le Havre have defender Maxime le Marchand suspended and midfielder Jean Pascal Fontaine injured. Both of these guys would’ve started and could be classed as important. They fielded a fairly strong XI in the midweek cup so player freshness maybe wont be as good as it could be. Clermont have no issues at all and they welcome back defender Imorou from suspension. Likewise, Clermont fielded a fairly strong side in the cup midweek so there’s been less chance for key players to keep fresh. Verdict Normally I would favour Le Havre here but Clermont have started the season in smoking hot form looking very impressive. Nevertheless, this will be their first away fixture and Le Havre should be much better at home. Following a midweek cup win the hosts should have a bit more confidence too. My feeling is that the bookies have their odds fairly spot on with this match and there is little value either way. I’ve got a feeling Clermont might get something here but I couldn’t be confident enough betting on them. Prediction: Le Havre 1-1 Clermont Betting recommendation: None Tours – Niort Team news Tours miss key midfielder Pascal Berenguer to injury, whilst fellow midfielder Julien Cetout is a doubt. They look weak in the middle of the park here because their squad has no depth in midfield. Tours’ biggest issue here is going to be fatigue and fitness though. Virtually the whole of my predicted starting XI played 120 mins in the midweek cup. This is surely going to have an affect at some stage, especially the 2nd half. Niort have a squad in better condition this week because defender Bong and winger Martin are back from injury. They have no new fitness concerns and rested a number of players in midweek. I think Tours are going to really struggle here following their extra time excursions in midweek. Niort rested players and only lost inside 90 vs a good Le Havre team. Tours just haven’t impressed me at the start of this season and Niort have much more momentum. This is a regional derby match so could be quite tight and have a heated feel to it. I think a draw or an away win are the most likely outcome. I’m very tempted to back Niort +0.25 but its always a dangerous game backing away teams in Ligue 2, unless they are a really strong side. So reluctantly I’ll leave this one alone. Prediction: Tours 0-1 Niort Betting recommendation: None

Re: Ligue 2 > 9th - 12th August Angers – Chateauroux Team news Angers miss 7 players here to injury. 5 of them were missing last week too but now winger Charles Diers and attacking midfielder Diego Gomez have been added to that list. Their weak area should again be defence, but they are boosted by key attacker Alharbi El Jadeyaoui being in the squad, he should be in contention to start. Only 4 of my predicted XI played the full 120 mins in the cup midweek, so fatigue shouldn’t be an issue. Chateauroux have no new injury concerns, although key midfielder Amara Baby is still left out for personal reasons. Fernando Neves returns to the side following his suspension last Friday. Of the team that played in the midweek cup, I predict 8 players to start again here, so there wont have been much chance of squad rotation. Verdict Chateauroux haven’t started the season well. They looked terrible in defence last week during the 3-3 draw with Brest, and then lost in the midweek cup to National side Amiens. They are a poor team and done little so far to dispel my preseason prediction of relegation for them. Really, everything is pointing towards an Angers win here but already I think they are being overrated by bookies. Admittedly they played very well last week at Istres, even with a weakened side but that could’ve been a flash in the pan. They have a lot of injuries and perhaps dealing with such a heavy favouritism tag won’t suit them. I would need odds of about 2.0 to consider backing Angers here, but they are best priced 1.80. I’m predicting an Angers win, but I’m not massively confident of it. Prediction: Angers 2-1 Chateauroux Betting recommendation: None Troyes – Arles Team news Troyes have one new injury (Nsakala) – another one to their defence which is already weakened. They are boosted by the return of young star striker Correntin Jean into the squad though. Troyes’ cup match went to extra time in midweek and 7 players out of my predicted XI here played the full 120 mins, so fatigue could be an issue. Arles are near enough at full strength and new striker Omrani is now eligible to play. Only 5 of my predicted XI started in the midweek cup, so plenty of squad rotation has taken place this week, freshness shouldn’t be a problem for Arles. Verdict I think Arles can avoid defeat here and Troyes are overestimated. They haven’t really looked particularly good at the start of this season, which is understandable because it often takes some time for relegated clubs to adapt. Also their injury situation hasn’t helped matters and they are especially weak at the back. Arles look like a well drilled and well oiled unit already. They will make themselves hard to break down here and typically under Franck Dumas they’ve been difficult to defeat. Troyes’ do have better attacking options this week, but its no use if they can’t defend either. I do worry about how much playing extra time in midweek might affect them too. My only concern for Arles is travelling distances this week. They had to go to Corsica on Wednesday and now far up north to Troyes on Saturday. I hope travel fatigue doesn’t affect them much because I’m going to back them +0.5. I can’t be having Troyes so short for this match, they don’t deserve such heavy favouritism. Prediction: Troyes 1-1 Arles Betting recommendation: Arles +0.5 @ 2.02 4/10 Dijon – Lens Team news Dijon still miss key midfielder Baradji to injury but at least compared to last week they welcome back the defensive duo of Souprayen and Varrault. About half the side whom I predict to start here played in the midweek cup, so some rotation has taken place. The big team news for Lens is that their best striker Yoann Touzghar misses out because of injury. They also have a problem at right back because Patrick Fradj is another on the treatment table. Yahia or Landre will have to play on the right of defence now, where neither is a natural. Lens’ cup match went to extra time in midweek, but only 5 of my predicted XI played the full 120 mins so fatigue shouldn’t be as much of a factor as some might think. Verdict Dijon haven’t started the season well from a defensive point of view. They conceded 3 at Caen last Friday and then another 3 in midweek vs Clermont in the cup. But they actually could’ve beaten Caen in round 1 had they taken their chances, plus it must be remembered both of their opposition have been in strong form. Lens of course must be respected, but Dijon look like they are being underestimated here. They’ll be a different animal in front of their own fans and look like good value to me. Both teams did rest players in midweek, but Dijon have had an extra day of recovery, plus Lens did have to play extra time. In addition, Lensois have had plenty of travelling to do this week so could be tired in that department. Dijon -0.25 is a really good value bet and I have no doubts in taking it. Prediction: Dijon 3-1 Lens Betting recommendation: Dijon -0.25 @ 2.20 6/10 CA Bastia – Nancy Bastia don’t include Ben Derme, Arnoux or Romey in their squad today, presumably because of injury. Oswald is still on the sidelines. CA Bastia rested a lot of players in the midweek cup and only 4 of my predicted starters actually featured on Wednesday night, so fatigue shouldn’t be an issue. Nancy have no new injuries, the only doubt is to defender Bellougou who passed a late fitness test, he might not be at 100% on the field. Nancy have a massive advantage here in that they didn’t play midweek because they had a ‘bye’ round in the cup. Verdict If Nancy have anything about them then they’ll win here. CAB are going to be the worst team in the division this season, but last year they were very strong at home. Of course, they don’t play at their own stadium this season, instead they are at the Furiani, home of SCB. This will make a difference, but its still located on Corsica so a nasty trip for anyone visiting. Nancy have had a full week to prepare for this game which is a massive advantage. They are deserving favourites but I don’t want to risk betting on them. CAB should be really fired up for this one, and its worth remembering they only lost 0-1 at Lens in the first round. My prediction is that Nancy win, but this one is best swerved. Prediction: CA Bastia 0-1 Nancy Betting recommendation: None

Re: Ligue 2 > 9th - 12th August Brest – Istres Team news Brest have centre back Florian Lejeune suspended tonight, which might not be the worst of things because he’s had a couple of stinking matches so far this season. Mendy and Martial remain injured on the sidelines, so once again Brest’s weak area will be at the back. The inexperienced Timothee Dieng will continue to play here, and whilst he performed ok against Chateauroux in round 1, they wouldn’t ideally be having to start him. Brest have no problems in other departments though and are at full strength in midfield and attack. Istres have centre back Doumbia still injured, along with key striker Guy Niangbo. The biggest news is that GK Denis Petric will be on the bench, due to an impending move to Troyes. Romain Lejeune will take over and he’s nowhere near as good. The Brazilian attacking duo of Assis and Alves are both included in the squad, and could start. Istres played 120 mins 6 nights ago, but they should’ve sufficiently recovered by now. Brest were terrible last Tuesday night in the cup at home to Auxerre when they lost 1-4. Defence has been their big achilles heel so far this season and they also conceded 3 times against Chateauroux in round 1. Istres have had similar issues at the back and Angers tore them apart 10 days ago. They also looked vulnerable in the cup vs Tours last Tuesday, a game which they lost on penalties. On the other hand, I’ve heard very complimentary things about their attacking movement, and there’s no doubt they have a threat going forwards. I expect this to be a really open game of football and should be decent viewing. Neither side seems to have much confidence at the back right now, but both are capable of scoring goals. If I had to say which team is more likely to win, then I’d give Brest a slight edge, but there doesn’t seem much value on them. Instead, I fancy the over 2.25 option. This is always a dangerous bet in France but I’d say there’s a good chance of this game containing a few goals. Brest probable XI (4-2-3-1) Thebeaux = Coulibaly – Traore – Dieng – Makonda = Ramare – Perez = Pandor – Grougi – Lesoimier – Ayite Istres probable XI (4-2-3-1) Lejeune = Chafik – Sainati – Barillon – Le Goff (or Bocognano) = Tardieu – Ba = Dabo – Leroy – Assis – Allart Prediction: Brest 2-2 Istres Betting recommendation: Over 2.25 goals @ 1.91 4/10

Re: Ligue 2 > 9th - 12th August

Brest – Istres Team news Brest have centre back Florian Lejeune suspended tonight, which might not be the worst of things because he’s had a couple of stinking matches so far this season. Mendy and Martial remain injured on the sidelines, so once again Brest’s weak area will be at the back. The inexperienced Timothee Dieng will continue to play here, and whilst he performed ok against Chateauroux in round 1, they wouldn’t ideally be having to start him. Brest have no problems in other departments though and are at full strength in midfield and attack. Istres have centre back Doumbia still injured, along with key striker Guy Niangbo. The biggest news is that GK Denis Petric will be on the bench, due to an impending move to Troyes. Romain Lejeune will take over and he’s nowhere near as good. The Brazilian attacking duo of Assis and Alves are both included in the squad, and could start. Istres played 120 mins 6 nights ago, but they should’ve sufficiently recovered by now. Brest were terrible last Tuesday night in the cup at home to Auxerre when they lost 1-4. Defence has been their big achilles heel so far this season and they also conceded 3 times against Chateauroux in round 1. Istres have had similar issues at the back and Angers tore them apart 10 days ago. They also looked vulnerable in the cup vs Tours last Tuesday, a game which they lost on penalties. On the other hand, I’ve heard very complimentary things about their attacking movement, and there’s no doubt they have a threat going forwards. I expect this to be a really open game of football and should be decent viewing. Neither side seems to have much confidence at the back right now, but both are capable of scoring goals. If I had to say which team is more likely to win, then I’d give Brest a slight edge, but there doesn’t seem much value on them. Instead, I fancy the over 2.25 option. This is always a dangerous bet in France but I’d say there’s a good chance of this game containing a few goals. Brest probable XI (4-2-3-1) Thebeaux = Coulibaly – Traore – Dieng – Makonda = Ramare – Perez = Pandor – Grougi – Lesoimier – Ayite Istres probable XI (4-2-3-1) Lejeune = Chafik – Sainati – Barillon – Le Goff (or Bocognano) = Tardieu – Ba = Dabo – Leroy – Assis – Allart Prediction: Brest 2-2 Istres Betting recommendation: Over 2.25 goals @ 1.91 4/10
Currently 3-1 to Brest. Great writeup and I followed your betting recommendation and added over 3.5 goals as well. Thanks :clap