Norwich City v Everton - Sat 17th August

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Norwich City v Everton (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.36[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.25 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Norwich City v Everton - Sat 17th August Will be interesting to see how Norwich set up with their two new strikers (Ricky van Wolfswinkel / Gary Hooper) - Both are prolific goalscorers and are pretty big signings for the club. I haven't been able to find any goalscorer markets open yet, and some more preseason results will be needed to asses the performance of RvW, and GH as he starts to join in with preseason. On the U.S. Tour the Canaries lost 2 and won 1 game - if anyone can provide info on Everton that would be great :)

Re: Norwich City v Everton - Sat 17th August

Will be interesting to see how Norwich set up with their two new strikers (Ricky van Wolfswinkel / Gary Hooper) - Both are prolific goalscorers and are pretty big signings for the club. I haven't been able to find any goalscorer markets open yet' date=' and some more preseason results will be needed to asses the performance of RvW, and GH as he starts to join in with preseason. On the U.S. Tour the Canaries lost 2 and won 1 game - if anyone can provide info on Everton that would be great :)[/quote'] I'm an Evertonian, and I think we have been given a tough game to start the season. Last year Norwich took four points off us, scoring last minute goals in each game. As you know we have a new manager so it is difficult to say how we will go. Martinez would not of been my choice but he is here now and I watched us outclass Blackburn yesterday, although I must qualify that by admitting how bad are hosts were. The new lad Deulofeu from Barca sounds exciting and we have a bit of pace going forward with Mirallas and Kone. We don't have a great record here and Norwich have made some good signings. I don't expect us to win but, I'd take a draw. Martinez never addressed the shoddy defence at Wigan so his relatively attacking style, if married with our generally solid defence could lead to a good season. I just get the feeling with Everton that there is still a bit to play out this summer. I still expect one of Fellaini or Baines to be sold as our board are completely inept. Baines going would be a massive loss so it is imperative we keep him. I will avoid betting on this game because it remains to be seen what type of season we will have, and the fact that Norwich have made some good signings.

Re: Norwich City v Everton - Sat 17th August Norwich signed a few decent players but if Everton can keep Baines and Fellaini then we should just about win this. Norwich's new signing Leeroy Fer looks a good buy and we were after him, but Fellaini is better and will control the midfield with Darren Gibson, new signing Kone should hopefully link up well with Jellavic who has come back into some pre-season form thanks to Bob Martinez actually giving his some playing time and not favoring Anichebe like Moyes did. BTTS and Everton win is my bet though.

Re: Norwich City v Everton - Sat 17th August Just trying to get a feeling for this game. Everton have been pretty ordinary AWAY for the last 4 seasons. 2009 5 away wins 25 goals for and 28 against 2010 4 away wins 20 goals for and 22 against 2011 5 away wins 22 goals for and 25 against 2012 4 away wins 22 goals for and 23 against with just 2 wins in their last 16 away games. They failed to score in 5 of their last 8, and they failed to win any of their last 8 away. My point is this ... Are they significantly better this season upfront ? If nothing has been radically changed, can you expect different results ? I don't think they have made any fantastic improvements, so I would expect a similar record from them this season. Norwich have lost just one game of their last 9 at home. They lost 4 times at home in the season, and lost a 1st half only three times all season Can't really see Norwich being beaten here , so I like the DC on them at 8/13 bet365.

Re: Norwich City v Everton - Sat 17th August Norwich v Everton Over 2.5 Goals @ 21/20 VC Everton Win @ 11/8 Bet365, VC Tough one to call here, both teams have strengthened and have the potential to turn a few heads this season. Both teams look as if they could score goals for fun this season with Norwich acquiring Ricky Van Wolfswinkel and Gary Hooper, even Nathan Redmond looks like a diamond of a buy. Everton have brought in Aruna Kone and young Gerard Delofeu on loan who is supposed to be one of the best young rising stars around. Ive opted for the away team here though as I think Martinez has the groundwork to progress what Moyes was trying to do and get the excellent players Everton have playing some silky Football, this is a good chance to scare a few teams and beat a much improved Norwich side. Also, Everton have the better defence for me here and should cope better with the Norwich attack than Vice-versa, Everton win for me either 2 or 3-1.

Will be interesting to see how Norwich set up with their two new strikers (Ricky van Wolfswinkel / Gary Hooper) - Both are prolific goalscorers and are pretty big signings for the club. I haven't been able to find any goalscorer markets open yet' date=' and some more preseason results will be needed to asses the performance of RvW, and GH as he starts to join in with preseason. On the U.S. Tour the Canaries lost 2 and won 1 game - if anyone can provide info on Everton that would be great :)[/quote'] Van Wolfswinkel profilic goalscorer and big signing???? Mate, you are so wrong. For all you guys relying on the dutch capacity to score goals, i must advise you...he will most probably score none. Im from Portugal, the guy was mocked for two seasons playing for Sporting. He score a couple of goals most of them against poor teams some from the penalty spot. The guy doesn´t shoot, is weak in the air, he has no strength, he barely knows how to run. He was one the worst strikers that played in Portugal in the last years.

Re: Norwich City v Everton - Sat 17th August Draw @ 3.40 bet365 With Moyes there, would have favoured Everton here to edge this, but Norwich look like they may build on last year while Everton may not have the same will to win games with Martinez. Some stats:

• Norwich have not won their opening league game in any of the last 10 seasons (D5, L5)
  • The Canaries are undefeated in four matches against Everton since their return to the Premier League (one win, three draws).
  • Everton have lost seven of their last 10 opening Premier League games of the season.
  • The Toffees have gone eight Premier League away games without a win.

Re: Norwich City v Everton - Sat 17th August Both teams to score 5/6 @ BetVictor - Roberto Martinez is known for playing attacking football at Wigan and i expect him to take that philosophy to Everton as well. I'm confident Everton will score as the likes of Fellaini, Mirallas, Pienaar and Jelavic/Kone are all fit to play and Norwich's player of the season Bassong is out for this game. On the other hand, Norwich are expected to start new striker Van Wolfswinkel and possibly winger Nathan Redmond and with decent players like Snodgrass and Hoolahan i fancy Norwich to get on the scoresheet as well. 1-1 draw is likely here IMO.

Re: Norwich City v Everton - Sat 17th August Bassong (Central Defender) missing is a major blow for Norwich. As Captain (always organising the defence) I think his input will be sorely missed. Due to that reason and Kone (new signing from Wigan) & Mirallas running at their defence I see Everton scoring at least a couple.

Re: Norwich City v Everton - Sat 17th August Look , Norwich have splashed the cash [TABLE=width: 394] [TR=class: spieler_bg, bgcolor: #CEDAFC] [TD]Andrew Surman *[/TD] [TD=class: ac wid10, align: center][/TD] [TD]Bournemouth[/TD] [TD=class: ar s10, align: right]-[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: hell] [TD]Ricky van Wolfswinkel[/TD] [TD=class: ac wid10, align: center][/TD] [TD]Sporting[/TD] [TD=class: ar s10, align: right]10.000.000 €[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: dunkel] [TD]Javier Garrido[/TD] [TD=class: ac wid10, align: center][/TD] [TD]Lazio Rom[/TD] [TD=class: ar s10, align: right]1.500.000 €[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: hell] [TD]Martin Olsson[/TD] [TD=class: ac wid10, align: center][/TD] [TD]Blackburn[/TD] [TD=class: ar s10, align: right]2.900.000 €[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: dunkel] [TD]Carlo Nash[/TD] [TD=class: ac wid10, align: center][/TD] [TD]Stoke City[/TD] [TD=class: ar s10, align: right]free transfer[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: hell] [TD]Nathan Redmond[/TD] [TD=class: ac wid10, align: center][/TD] [TD]Birmingham[/TD] [TD=class: ar s10, align: right]2.300.000 €[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: dunkel] [TD]Leroy Fer[/TD] [TD=class: ac wid10, align: center][/TD] [TD]FC Twente[/TD] [TD=class: ar s10, align: right]5.500.000 €[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: hell] [TD]Semi Ajayi[/TD] [TD=class: ac wid10, align: center][/TD] [TD]Charlton[/TD] [TD=class: ar s10, align: right]?[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: dunkel] [TD]Gary Hooper[/TD] [TD=class: ac wid10, align: center][/TD] [TD]Celtic FC[/TD] [TD=class: ar s10, align: right]6.300.000 €[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] I just think that a conservative smaller club like Norwich, splashing 10 Million euro on van Wolfswinkel, big money on Fer and Hooper have got to know what they are doing. van Wolfswinkel in only 24 , and a full Dutch International, so he can't be a bad player.... Arsene Wenger should take a look and see how it's done.

Van Wolfswinkel profilic goalscorer and big signing???? Mate, you are so wrong. For all you guys relying on the dutch capacity to score goals, i must advise you...he will most probably score none. Im from Portugal, the guy was mocked for two seasons playing for Sporting. He score a couple of goals most of them against poor teams some from the penalty spot. The guy doesn´t shoot, is weak in the air, he has no strength, he barely knows how to run. He was one the worst strikers that played in Portugal in the last years.
Over the top perhaps? First goal already scored.

Easy to say that now mate ..... He was just giving his views based on having seen him play firsthand I presume.... :ok
I'm not criticising anybody for giving their opinion. I had looked into this players stats and read up on him last week so the information he gave above seemed way off the mark. A couple of goals from the penalty spot against poor teams? Barely knows how to run? Come on... At his last two clubs four seasons he has scored 28 goals in 55 appearances and 26 goals in 64 appearances. A player that doesnt shoot, weak in the air, has no strength and can hardly run cannot produce those results...which is why I stated the comment was a bit over the top/exaggerated.

I'm not criticising anybody for giving their opinion. I had looked into this players stats and read up on him last week so the information he gave above seemed way off the mark. A couple of goals from the penalty spot against poor teams? Barely knows how to run? Come on... At his last two clubs four seasons he has scored 28 goals in 55 appearances and 26 goals in 64 appearances. A player that doesnt shoot' date=' weak in the air, has no strength and can hardly run cannot produce those results...which is why I stated the comment was a bit over the top/exaggerated.[/quote'] mate, i respect your point of view... in may 2014 i´ll be here to discuss about wolfswinkel performance! and by that time, dont come to me saying that the premier league is the best league in the world, bla bla bla... i repeat: wolfswinkel is an awful player...

mate, i respect your point of view... in may 2014 i´ll be here to discuss about wolfswinkel performance! and by that time, dont come to me saying that the premier league is the best league in the world, bla bla bla... i repeat: wolfswinkel is an awful player...
No problem. I just wasn't happy with Jase saying "Easy to say now mate". Nowhere did I have a go at you or criticise your opinion. I had read it earlier and thought it was a little bit much of a spray for a player with such goal scoring stats and the amount of $ that have been spent on him by Norwich. I have never seen the guy play before. If somebody has said he was an average player and probably wont succeed in the premier league I would have not thought anything of it.

• 3 months later...

No problem. I just wasn't happy with Jase saying "Easy to say now mate". Nowhere did I have a go at you or criticise your opinion. I had read it earlier and thought it was a little bit much of a spray for a player with such goal scoring stats and the amount of $ that have been spent on him by Norwich. I have never seen the guy play before. If somebody has said he was an average player and probably wont succeed in the premier league I would have not thought anything of it.
Wolfswinkel, still a prolific scorer and big signing?