BBOTD - Saturday 29th June

18.05 Doncaster: Choral Prince @ 11/2 VC I ignore what this horse has done until his most recent start at Kempton, when he won by a narrow margin on paper, but with with ease in reality. Choral Prince stepped up to 12f for the first time that day, racing mainly over 1m before, and he responded in the best possible manner to the new trip. He travelled nicely in rear, and made easily ground in the home straight, always travelling very much the best. Once switched to get a clear view he had only to be pushed out, hands and heels ridden, to go to the front and finish full of running to win with authority. He gets 10lb for this in theory, but his turf mark was that high before anyway, so not really that much of a change. He didn't win on turf yet, but there isn't really an issue with the surface I suppose as he finished 2nd in a Yarmouth maiden and should be much better now over the 12f trip. He's still very much unexposed over this sort of trip and with decent apprentice Michael J M Murphy taking the ride, who claims very valuable 5lb, I thin he's still a slightly too big price in this race.

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 29th June

3.15 Newcastle: John Smith’s Northumberland Plate (Class 2) (2m19y) A fascinating renewal and the ground could be the key here with a few fancied runners having shown their best form on much better going. Ardlui wont mind the conditions however and has been given a break to come here a fresh horse by trainer Alan King, he could be one step ahead of the handicapper but will need to break well from stall 12. Oriental Fox could be worth supporting at a decent price for Mark Johnston, I don’t think we have seen the best of this ex-Swiss horse and is only a 5yo and should run well.

Selections:

1pt Ardlui 9/1

Ladbrokes

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.