Australian Grand Prix

Im suprised to see no thread started on this yet. I think it'll be dangerous to go in to big early on this season with the new rule changes causing a little bit of doubt over how things will go. The bet Ive gone with tonight is Trulli - Points Finish @ 2.32(Betfair). Trulli managed to finish in the points 9 of 17 times last season, although admittedly these were all with Renault. Toyota seem to have invested some money and could be a dark package with new lineup Trulli and R.Schumacher. Both have good potential but sometimes fail to live up to it. Although qualifying hasnt finished yet due to the new aggregate scores, after last nights mayhem the positions are likely to change to drastically which means Trulli will be starting from the front end of the grid. Personally I just think it's a good price for a talented driver in a car that seems to have improved and will be starting near the front of the grid. First 8 should be within his capabilities. Trulli to finish in the points - 3pts @ 2.32 (out of 10)

Re: Australian Grand Prix Also going with M.Schumacher to Win @ 10 (Betfair) This is pure madness. Although he may be starting near the back of the grid he's a superb driver. Twice last season he started near the back and finished 12th and 7th. If I recall correctly one of them he had a lot of bad luck too. He may find it hard to win it but Id be amazed if you cant trade back at some point to secure a profit. M.Schumacher to win (with a view of trading in-running) 5pts @ 10

Re: Australian Grand Prix agree with you ,wfte, trulli worth a wager at the odds 2.32@ b/f trulli a good driver ,backed him last season when he was driving with renault. better to come this season , i have also had a wager on mark webber to finish in points , 1.5@ b/f now with bmw, good luck,

Re: Australian Grand Prix I Haven't checked the weather forcast but if it is a dry race I can only see one winner - Giancarlo Fishichella. The Renault is one of the quickest cars in the dry and as he is going to be on pole position (unless he cocks up big time in the second qualifying session) then their is no other realistic car to challenge him up the front. Trulli and Webber will be closest to him on the grid but the Toyota won't be able to keep up the pace and from what i've heard the Williams isn't as fast as the Renault yet. If it is dry, i can't see a challenge from the Mc Laren's or Ferrari's - they might get onto the podium but because Albert Park is such a difficult place to overake, Fishichella will probably be too far ahead by the time the likes of Raikkonen, Schumacher etc have got into the top 5 positions If the race is wet though, it becomes a bit of a lottery and their could be a shock result. Remember the bridgestone tyre is much faster than the Michilen in full wet conditions so this will suit Ferrari and Schumacher who i believe could well win if it is a wet race. If it's dry though, i think even he won't be able to win this one. selection if race starts dry - Fishichella to win (3.25 Coral) if race starts wet - Michael Shumacher to win (10.00 Totesport) just check the weather forcast before the race

Re: Australian Grand Prix It's looking dry at the moment. No rain in the last 2 hours. Air humidity has been dropping and the temperature rising. I should've waited on M.Schumacher. Even though he's in the same position after the 2nd qualifying as before, he's gone out to 12.0. Here's the starting order:

PosNoDriverTeamLapsTime/RetiredGridPoints
spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif
16Giancarlo Fisichellaspacer.gifRenault3:01.460
spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif
216Jarno Trullispacer.gifToyota3:04.429
37Mark Webberspacer.gifWilliams-BMW3:04.996
411Jacques Villeneuvespacer.gifSauber-Petronas3:06.846
514David Coulthardspacer.gifRed Bull Racing3:07.212
615Christian Klienspacer.gifRed Bull Racing3:07.477
78Nick Heidfeldspacer.gifWilliams-BMW3:09.130
83Jenson Buttonspacer.gifBAR-Honda3:12.128
910Juan Pablo Montoyaspacer.gifMcLaren-Mercedes3:14.645
109Kimi Räikkönenspacer.gifMcLaren-Mercedes3:15.558
112Rubens Barrichellospacer.gifFerrari3:16.822
1219Narain Karthikeyanspacer.gifJordan-Toyota3:17.092
135Fernando Alonsospacer.gifRenault3:17.466
1418Tiago Monteirospacer.gifJordan-Toyota3:20.329
1517Ralf Schumacherspacer.gifToyota3:22.717
1620Patrick Friesacher spacer.gifMinardi-Cosworth3:28.363
1721Christijan Albersspacer.gifMinardi-Cosworth1:49.230
181Michael Schumacherspacer.gifFerrari1:57.931
194Takuma Satospacer.gifBAR-Honda
2012Felipe Massaspacer.gifSauber-Petronas