** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ireland > FAI Ford Cup > 2013

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 31 May 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bohemians v Drogheda United (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bray Wanderers v Mervue United (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]109.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Phoenix FC v Dundalk (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 17 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.08 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]109.95 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] SD Galway v Shamrock Rovers (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.12 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]108.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Tolka Rovers v College Corinthians (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]111.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Finn Harps v Wexford Youths (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]110.31 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Shelbourne FC v Bandon (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.14 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]110.12 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 1 June 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] St. Patrick's CYFC v Cobh Ramblers FC (14:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Blarney United v Derry City (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 21 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]108.17 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Glenville FC v Limerick FC (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.14 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]111.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] St. Patrick's Athletic v UCD (17:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]108.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bluebell United v Athlone Town (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]108.15 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Waterford United v Sligo Rovers (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]108.69 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Longford Town v Pike Rovers (19:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]110.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ireland > FAI Ford Cup > 2013 Bohemians -v- Drogheda United In one of only two all-Premier Division clashes in this round of the FAI Cup, Bohemians host Drogheda United at Dalymount Park. Both these teams are struggling this season. Bohemians are a club that are quite financially constrained and like last year possess a team full of youngsters, and although they do have a good manager and have been playing well overall, they find themselves second last in the league. Results simply have not gone their way, and the second half of the league season is going to be very important for them. Drogheda United are suffering a poor season too, certainly if you compare it to last season. In the league they've lost a lot of games recently, and the 7-1 defeat to Shamrock Rovers in the Setanta Cup final is still denting their confidence for sure. They find themselves mid-table, and only six points ahead of Bohemians. However, both teams have been doing well in the cup competitions. Bohs needed extra time to beat UCD and Bray in the League Cup, but were successful in doing so, while Drogheda obviously got to the Setanta Cup final, and also trashed Longford Town 6-0 ten days ago in the League Cup. Both teams will definitely be trying to use the cup competitions, and therefore tonight's game as an opportunity to slingshot their season back in the right direction. Therefore, it's fairly clear to say that both these teams are rather even. They've played each other once in the league so far this season. In fact it was at the start of this month, and it was played at Hunky Doreys Park, where both sides drew 2-2. As a result, I don't think it's easy to call the 1x2 result in this game tonight. I do however think there may be goals in tonight's game. Both teams have leaky and shaky defences. Drogheda's defence really looks horrible this season. Even at the fundamental level, with the goalkeeper, Gabriel Sava, who was excellent all last season, has had his confidence shot and as a result his performance level has dropped. He is actually going to be suspended for this game today, and so Drogheda will call upon their second choice goalkeeper Michael Schlingermann. They will also be missing their most important central midfielder David Cassidy, and I think that'll further hamper their efforts to keep a clean sheet tonight. On the other side of things, Drogheda are very capable of scoring goals, and have plenty of goalscoring options in Declan 'Fabio' O'Brien, Gary O'Neill, Graham Rusk and Ryan Brennan. Bohs' defence is also very weak, and more so than Drogheda it is very inexperienced. What's worse for Bohs is they'll be without their captain and still best defender Owen Heary, while they're also missing another important old and wise head in Dave Scully. In a boost of confidence they welcome back Roberto Lopes, Luke Byrne and Chris Lyons, who were away training with the Ireland U21 squad, and that experience will do those players the world of good. Let's hope that's especially the case for Chris Lyons because he is Bohs' best goalscoring source, and if they also play Ryan McEvoy, they'll have the supply to provide him with chances too. All in all, this game should have goals, and I'm tipping over 2.5 goals. Both these teams are scoring and conceding a lot of goals this season, and with the absences I've outlined above, and with both teams going out to win this game for the purposes of a cup run, but also to try and build confidence, it should be a lively game for goals. Aaron Callaghan the Bohs manager has even indicated so in his attitude towards this game saying the following; '“Sometimes in a league game you’re happy enough to get a single point out of it. But we want to win this one, particularly as it’s on our home turf.” That bodes well for this sort of game tonight, because it's quite likely there won't be any sort of protective approach to this game from either manager. They will likely be allowing their players to go out to win the game, and that should present good conditions for goals. Still, I am only choosing low stakes on this game, because it's a cup game, and I'm never too fond of them, and as well one cannot be sure what sort of teams the managers will actually send out in the end tonight. Good luck. My pick: Over 2.5 goals @ 1.925 odds with Pinnacle (1 unit)

Re: Ireland > FAI Ford Cup > 2013 Blarney United -v- Derry City Blarney United play host to Derry City this afternoon in the FAI Cup, in what will be a big day for the small Cork club. I'll be honest – I know nothing about Blarney United. I'm not even going to bull**** about them. They are a non-league club from the Munster Senior League. What I do know however is that they are Corkmen, and Corkmen are proud people. They will put up a fight today against Derry, especially since they are at home for this tie. So instead let me look at Derry. They're the holders of the cup and therefore they have that small piece of pressure which goes with any team going about retaining a trophy. They also have had to travel six hours on a bus to Blarney yesterday. That isn't ideal for any away team, and they'll be tired from the journey. Furthermore, they've quite a few absences for this game, especially in midfield. They are missing Thomas Crawley, Sean Houston, Ruaidhri Higgins all through injury, while Barry McNamee is away on international duty with the Irish u21s, and played for them yesterday in Denmark. Barry Molloy is also a big doubt for this game. All of these players are regular players for Derry, with McNamee, Higgins and Molloy being first team midfield regulars. So, Derry are going to have a very weak midfield to do battle with a fired up Blarney side today. Derry should still win the game of course, but I don't expect they're going to find it easy. The sides met each other in the same venue and in the same round of this cup in 2006, when Derry won 3-1 on the day. That result means nothing towards today's game, but in reality it could be a similar scoreline. Derry have a good defence and a good attack. The top goalscorer of the Premier Division is Rory Patterson, and he will most likely score today, but I do think Blarney can get a goal today, with Derry so light in midfield. So I'm picking the Blarney +2.25AH ine. With home advantage, and a weakened and possibly tired Derry team, it should at the very least provide a half win. Derry could also romp home to victory, but I really don't think it will happen. I'm only picking one unit for this pick, and to be honest, I would even be saying to you that you should bet half a unit on this line, if you are choosing to follow. Good luck! My pick: Blarney United +2.25AH @ 2.02 odds with Bet365 (0.5 units)

• 3 months later...

Re: Ireland > FAI Ford Cup > 2013 Here are injuries for today games: Finn Harps v Drogheda Utd Finn Harps: Damien McNulty, Tommy McMonagle, Johnny Bonner, Kevin McHugh (all doubtful), Sean McCarron Drogheda Utd: Gary O’Neill Shelbourne FC v Dundalk FC Shelbourne FC: Paul Crowley, Brian Shortall, Mark Leech, Jack Memery, Lee Murphy, Jamie McGlynn Dundalk FC: Keith Ward, Stephen O’Donnell, Dane Massey