** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Low odds betting: when to bank and how much?

aliando

There's a number of us trying to maximise returns from minimal odds and, after just improving my starting bank by about 15% on a 48 match winning run, it's made me question how we bank and when, to maximise returns. I'm aware the best indicator would be hindsight but I can't find this on eBay or amazon, so it's down to educated guesses! :lol Mods: hope this thread is ok here as it targets the glory hunters over general punters :ok Given my decent run and pitiful return, I'm probably not getting it quite right :lol

Re: Low odds betting: when to bank and how much? I think it depends on your personal financial situation. I bank when I think "I'd have brown underwear if this was still 0-0 after 89 minutes." For me that's not to much (I'm a student), but I guess it's a good way to see when to bank.

Re: Low odds betting: when to bank and how much? It's got to be an individual thing surely. The 'get rich quick' merchants find losing bets more easily in their rush, they also seem not to mind losing money which is worrying as it can easily develop into a bad habit of denial. It doesn't pay to be in a hurry. If it's ok to only lose 10% of your income when you earn £100 a week it's only a tenner. When you earn £500 a week is it still ok to only lose 10%? It's still the same 10%.

Excuse my ignorance' date=' but can you please explain what you mean by 'bank'?[/quote'] I'm using it to define the amounts that we take out of the betting amount to have as a final return. With all-in bets, you're gonna lose at some point - in order to make any profit, you need to cash out all or part of your winnings at some stage. I tend to use the term bank as it's money that's technically safe from a losing bet (although Cyprus may have redefined the term "safe" in banking :lol). Hope that makes some sense :ok