** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Glenn's lays

glennhughes

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Glenn's lays You will get close ones, don't let that put you off. The odds on going close are significantly higher than losing with these bets, so just regard it as a winner and try to forget about how close it is/was. Good going so far :ok

Re: Glenn's lays

You will get close ones, don't let that put you off. The odds on going close are significantly higher than losing with these bets, so just regard it as a winner and try to forget about how close it is/was. Good going so far :ok
Good timing,I was starting to get doubts with 1 or 2 close shaves but I supposed it takes those few to kind of remind you the job ahead.By the way,I have to thank you,it was your thread that inspired me ,after months of looking through it, to get something going.If I keep mine going as long as yours,I'll count myself lucky.I do intend eventually to change my bets,hopefully after I get up to a certain target,and stop laying 2-2 at half time and perhaps move to laying scorecasts...but let's not jinx it,there's work to be done first!! Question:Are those scorecast bets really only available on english and a few spanish,italian matches ? That would mean I'll have to wait until the new season starts in mid-august to start those if that's the case.

Question:Are those scorecast bets really only available on english and a few spanish,italian matches ? That would mean I'll have to wait until the new season starts in mid-august to start those if that's the case.
Unfortunately so. And even then most Italian and Spanish matches will only have literally a few quid on the whole market- and as you would imagine those are only really for the lowest odds/most likely scorecasts. Realistically you are only looking at the English Premier (more likely getting matched when there is only 1 game on at a time, e.g. 5.30pm or 12.30pm), and big Spanish games involving either Barca or Real Madrid. Personally I have never managed to get matched on any Spanish games not involving any of those 2 giants. I have also not managed to get matched on any Italian games (to the best of my memory), as these markets are also dead. Betfair have not helped either. When I first started my hunt there was only about 8 players on each side you could bet for on a scorecast. It changed last year at the European Championships final, you could bet on any man and his dog scoring first. Seriously you could lay the goalkeeper scoring first!!! Now that was alright for the final as it was obviously a really, really popular event. But they have kept the same formula now for all there scorecasts! In the last few games, there has been (on almost all occasions) at least 15 players on each side you could play the scorecast on, and that does one thing- dilute the market. It is 10x more difficult to get matched in a scorecast bet than it used to be, which is a real shame. It is still more than possible though on the bigger games. But you can't waste your time because even then your waiting a long time to get matched :(

Re: Glenn's lays Thanks for all the info,I'm planning ahead and it will definitedly help.How long in advance would you place your lays on the scorecast if you're waiting that long to get matched on the really long odds? I'm gonna need the patience of a saint.

Re: Glenn's lays I would wait at least half an hour. Depends, sometimes on the really outlandish bets you can wait a couple of hours before any nibbles. Before you start on scorecasts, I would wait until you have enough to win £2. That way you are giving yourself the best chance possible to get matched (as your bet will be seen). But it's really up to yourself when you start. I will be cheering you on until then :ok

I would wait at least half an hour. Depends, sometimes on the really outlandish bets you can wait a couple of hours before any nibbles. Before you start on scorecasts, I would wait until you have enough to win £2. That way you are giving yourself the best chance possible to get matched (as your bet will be seen). But it's really up to yourself when you start. I will be cheering you on until then :ok
Thanks man,great help,hopefully I'll get there :ok

Bet 69: WON Half Time Score Vard Haugesund 2 - Kongsvinger 1 :loon WON 3.25 New Bank to bet 290.94 If someone knows how to fit a pacemaker,I certainly need one after this match :rollin
Be more selective with the matches. Are you as comfortable with some of your recent choices as you have been previously? Some of these leagues may outside the comfort zone.