** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Black Caviar going for number 24, Friday 22nd, 10:45 am Live on ATR.

Re: Black Caviar going for number 24, Friday 22nd, 10:45 am Live on ATR. She does it on the bridle... WOW! This is what racing is all about... if you love the sport and not only the betting and the money. It's the beauty of horse racing - Black Caviar. Her brutal power, sheer class but also elegance is it what makes it all so special. Wonderful to witness this.

Re: Black Caviar going for number 24, Friday 22nd, 10:45 am Live on ATR. Robertob... We have just seen the best mare on the planet, Maybe the best of all time, and little to no intrest on this thread. Sometimes we just have to sit back in admiration, Also im so very very impressed how the nation of Australia, make sure she is box office. Love the touch of tiker tape falling everywere from the skies. Well done australia.:nana

Re: Black Caviar going for number 24, Friday 22nd, 10:45 am Live on ATR. Must admit that I love all the razzamatazz and obviously seeing such a great mare is a privilege............ But..........for the first time really today i wondered if it was much of a big deal, I mean she appears to keep beating the same (or similar level) half dozen horses by 4 or 5 lengths. It's not much of a racing spectacle There's talk of her coming over again for Ascot...............that would be worth watching !

Re: Black Caviar going for number 24, Friday 22nd, 10:45 am Live on ATR.

Sometimes we just have to sit back in admiration, Also im so very very impressed how the nation of Australia, make sure she is box office.
It's impressive to see how much the Australians make of this. A real event, a special moment, to savour for everyone who wants to witness it. I agree it mightnot look like competitive racing considering how easily it does it all. But it just because she is that good. It's not that she beats nothing. She simply is so good and makes it look so simple. Like Frankel did as well. For me this is the pure demonstration of class and I think it's just wonderful. Watching a thoroughbred in full flight, travelling on the bridle under a motionless rider while pulling clear of fully driven rivals - it's just a feast for the eyes.

It's impressive to see how much the Australians make of this. A real event' date=' a special moment, to savour for everyone who wants to witness it. I agree it mightnot look like competitive racing considering how easily it does it all. But it just because she is that good. It's not that she beats nothing. She simply is so good and makes it look so simple. Like Frankel did as well. For me this is the pure demonstration of class and I think it's just wonderful. Watching a thoroughbred in full flight, travelling on the bridle under a motionless rider while pulling clear of fully driven rivals - it's just a feast for the eyes.[/quote'] Hear Hear!:clap

It's impressive to see how much the Australians make of this. A real event' date=' a special moment, to savour for everyone who wants to witness it. I agree it mightnot look like competitive racing considering how easily it does it all. But it just because she is that good. It's not that she beats nothing. She simply is so good and makes it look so simple. Like Frankel did as well. For me this is the pure demonstration of class and I think it's just wonderful. Watching a thoroughbred in full flight, travelling on the bridle under a motionless rider while pulling clear of fully driven rivals - it's just a feast for the eyes.[/quote'] Yes, well said. The way she is marketed there and when she races the whole nation sits up and watches is just great for the sport. We could learn a lot from it, although we did quite well with Frankel to be fair, and these horses don't come around very often

Re: Black Caviar going for number 24, Friday 22nd, 10:45 am Live on ATR. Fantastic for sport but what is it beating here? These group ones in Australia, how does it compare to its european counterparts?Like its said above "best thoroughbred ever" but is that not like us in ireland saying kilkenny are the best hurling team in the world?

The true judge of a horse in my opinion is times they can run she's broken track records without being punished and she's just missed them being eased down. As for comparing horses from different countries I would say its near impossible but she's going 2 maybe 3 lengths better then she was last year and its a shame you wouldn't see her at royal ascot this year because I'm pretty sure she would put on a better display this time around. You will however see her half brother who will win the mile race during that carnival (queen Anne I think)

• 3 weeks later...