** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Málaga v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 3rd April

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Málaga v Borussia Dortmund (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Málaga v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 3rd April Borussia is the only team yet to suffer a loss in Champions bearing in mind that Juve will get beaten by Bayern earlier...the fairytale called Malaga will end sonn rather than later and the german champions will handle this

Re: Málaga v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 3rd April I pick both teams to score and 3+ goals for odds of 2.25. Borussia doesnt play defence well, but they have character and they always want to score more than opponent. Malaga always scores on the home ground, Borussija always scores in away matches. Malaga will seek winner because of poor away record and nothing but goals count here. I mean lot of goals.

Re: Málaga v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 3rd April 3pts Draw 5/2 Stan James This should be a close quarter final because the reward for both sides is a big one. Malaga will look to take the game to their German opponents here while I’m sure Dortmund would be happy with a draw, all the more so if it is a scoring one. I think Dortmund will win the tie over the 180 minutes but this first leg could be tight and tense and could finish level. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/malaga-vs-borussia-dortmund-betting-first-leg-of-quarter-final-tie-likely-to-be-tight-and-tense-20130402

Re: Málaga v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 3rd April Malaga - Dortmund over 2.5 goals @ 1.95 - Both teams are scoring teams, Dortmund rarely leaves the field without making a goal. On the other hand, Malaga needs to come forward on their home field. This is todays best bet I think. [TABLE=width: 932]

[TR] [TD]Malaga vs Dortmund BTS @ 1.7 - Same logic as above. Malaga needs the goal, Dortmund always gets one. [TABLE=width: 932] [TR] [TD]Malaga vs Dortmund Most yellow cards - Malaga @ 2.20. First of all, Dortmund isn't a rough playing team. In general Malaga gets more yellow cards than Dortmund. Also Dortmund has the ability to play faster than Malaga. Todays match might be Malaga in more ball possession than Dortmund, which will probably result in counter-attacks from Dortmund. I think we will see Malaga pulling some emergency breaks on those attemps, and hopefully get the bet home.[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Málaga v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 3rd April I'm not so sure about the overs. Malaga know they are facing a better team and I am sure Pelligrini's tactics will be to keep Dortmund out and sneak a goal in the first leg and try and defend it in the second. Malaga kept Porto down to 1 goal over 180 minutes despite conceding something like 75% possession in the first leg. Dortmund wont attack too much in this 1st leg and so I think Malaga can keep a clean sheet. Babtista is back from injury and scored last weekend and I think a 1-0 Malaga is a strong possibility.

Re: Málaga v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 3rd April I really have to disagree. In my best oppinion, the match will be more like Shaktar - Dortmund, than Malaga Porto. This is the first leg, and Dortmund knows they need atleast 1 goal here. Malaga can't be satisfied with 1-1, thus the match will end with a minimum of 2-1 to Malaga. Now im not predicting the winner, but there are not many teams in europe that can keep Dortmund from scoring, and Malaga certainly isn't one of them.

Re: Málaga v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 3rd April Borussia Dortmund @ 2.30 pinnacle Any team that can beat Man City 1-0 at home and on the road, while also beating Real Madrid 2-1 at home and drawing 2-2 away has to be respected. Believe that they will have too much for Malaga here

Re: Málaga v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 3rd April

I really have to disagree. In my best oppinion' date=' the match will be more like Shaktar - Dortmund, than Malaga Porto. This is the first leg, and Dortmund knows they need atleast 1 goal here. Malaga can't be satisfied with 1-1, thus the match will end with a minimum of 2-1 to Malaga. Now im not predicting the winner, but there are not many teams in europe that can keep Dortmund from scoring, and Malaga certainly isn't one of them.[/quote'] Pellegrini has said that Malagas will focus on the defence tonight, in order not to concede a goal. Therefore I really dont expekt a "Shaktar-Dortmund" game.

Re: Málaga v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 3rd April Tell me something, how many people expected to watch Málaga in final stages of Champions League? Supporters hoped for it, but I doubt many knew how all will turn out. Hosts played hard game couple of days ago, and while many tipsters believed that Pellegrini would field mixed squad in order to keep starters rested and ready for this match, and that Rayo would have open way for nicking points, that wasn't the case at all. Málaga trashed them 3-1, easy. Although they have mixed run for of late, I have to think they will be ready and pumped for tonight's game, simply because you don't play quarter-finals every now and then. Millionaires can't win Bundesliga, Bayern is miles away, so the way I see it, they will want to improve result from last year in this competition. They most certainly have enough quality and potential to do so, and I hope to watch a great match. Over 2.5 is around 1.8, should be easily covered.

Re: Málaga v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 3rd April At first my feeling was that Malaga were good value here, but looking at the two teams' results and Shots on Target stats, I now think Dortmund are much the better side. I would be surprised if Malaga win tonight, and I think a Dortmund win is much more likely. There's a little value on Dortmund I think at 2.4 (or 1.67 DNB), but not quite enough to make me want to bet. I think the ability to look at a match and walk away without betting is an important part of profitable sports betting. No bet for me here :)

Re: Málaga v Borussia Dortmund > Wed 3rd April

Result: 0-0 From the BBC report, it sounds as though Dortmund did most of the attacking but couldn't score.
Exactly, Malaga have an excellent defense and can stop teams scoring. I shall be looking at the away leg odds with interest. Malaga will be big underdogs but will be playing to keep Dortmund out and nick an away goal. Couple of Malaga players will be missing due to suspension which could be critical.