Steaua v Chelsea > Thursday 7th March

McNasara

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Steaua v Chelsea > Thursday 7th March 3pts Steaua Bucharest to beat Chelsea 10/3 Stan James Steaua Bucharest look a decent price to me here. Romania is never the easiest place to go to when you are on song but Chelsea aren’t flowing fully at the minute and if they decide to rest a couple of players then that only exaggerates that. Bucharest saw off a decent Ajax side in the last round and I see no reason why they can’t get a lead to take to London with them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/steaua-bucharest-vs-chelsea-betting-romanians-can-pile-more-misery-on-rafael-benitez-in-last-16-first-leg

Re: Steaua v Chelsea > Thursday 7th March STEAUA VS. ENGLISH VISITORS (ALL-TIME) 1997/1998 Steaua - Aston Villa 2-1 1999/2000 Steaua - West Ham 2-0 2003/2004 Steaua - Southampton 1-0 2003/2004 Steaua - Liverpool 1-1 2005/2006 Steaua - Middlesbrough 1-0 2007/2008 Steaua - Arsenal 0-1 2010/2011 Steaua - Liverpool 1-1

Re: Steaua v Chelsea > Thursday 7th March

Striker Stefan Nikolic from Steaua Bucharest will not play against Chelsea.It is the strongest striker that Steaua have.
Nikolic is the strongest, but he's very slooooooow, i think that Raul Rusescu will be on top tonight.

Re: Steaua v Chelsea > Thursday 7th March Nikolic -the strongest? How?.. anyways,it's your opinion,but I believe that apart from Rusescu ,Steaua deosn't have any decent attacking player.Their advantage relies on the teamwork,the high motivation,experience in EL/CL games and the atmosphere created by the fans,which Chelsea can cope with very well.Ajax did a terrible mistake by underestimating them and came to Bucharest as if they were on a summer tour. They waited for the final whistle and never imagined that Steaua can score 2 goals.The minute they realised they risk going to penalty shootout,Ajax easily created some good opportunities ,but it was too late.With a mediocre and unexperienced team,Ajax was 2 classes above Steaua and it's only De Boer's fault for loosing so be careful not to judge Steau's powers just by a single game.They don't tend to repeat this kind of performances twice a year. AS of Chelsea,we all know the quality of their players and if they take it seriously I believe they won't have any problems qualifying for the next round.Benitez will be out in june,so he has nothing to loose.The PL can not be won at this point and sunday the face Man U for a place in the FA CUp semifinals.The season can be saved with an european success,so Chelsea will try to win this tonight for an easy home game. The price on Chelsea looks very tempting (2.00) on bet365 but I believe it's a relatively correct one,because Steaua showed good strength in Europe this season,they're not the same team that was affraid of the reputation of their oppontent from past years and Chelsea is not playing like the CL winners, as they should be. I will take the away win on this one because I can't see Steaua making another exceptional game,they simply lack the skill.Steaua has a weaker team than it had a few years ago,they just have a different attitude and let us not forget,the last team that played against Steaua in Bucharest this season and had a relative serious coach and just enough quality to breakthrough Steaua's defense,was VFB Stuttgart and they won 5-1! P.S.:I am not a fan of any Romanian club team so it's an objective view.

Re: Steaua v Chelsea > Thursday 7th March Elboko, why do we compare Steaua to Ajax? I agree you could be right with this bet because the players' quality is obviously in favor of Chelsea. But Ajax aren't a mediocre team. In fact, they are the champions of the Netherlands and this year even with a huge focus also on Europe in comparison with PSV, they manage to fight for the Eredivisie trophy. Ajax is the side which scored 5 goals against the en-titre champion of England, Manchester City, in Champions League. The motivation there is huge. In Amsterdam the 0-2 wasn't fair and Steaua came after 66 days of break. The 1-5 versus Stuttgart is a lie, after a 2-2 in first match. I hope you realise Steaua is a club with 14-0 home except the accident against the Germans, this team defeated Ajax, Copenhagen, Molde, CFR Cluj, Dinamo, Rapid and others. Oh, and how can you say Ajax was on trip in Bucharest when the Europa League final takes place in Amsterdam this year?

Re: Steaua v Chelsea > Thursday 7th March No matter how many things I do not like about Steaua, no matter how many I do like, but the thing is that Steaua made the best football match of a Romanian side in many years by now when they hosted Ajax, probably like the one they had with Valencia in 2005 when they won 2-0 and eliminated the Bats on the penalties. This is about Steaua game play: sacrifice spirit, attacking football and a great atmosphere in the standings. Ok, Steaua has the best football players in Romania (with just few exception) and a very good coach as abilities of negotiating the hot moments and with some German spirit of never gaving up. Ok, if Erikssen would have scored in the first 15 minutes from 6 m, Steaua would have been out for sure. Ajax is not Chelsea anyway and will be having a different game. Chelsea will come here to take something from this season, can win the UEFA Europa League, no doubt about that, but will they be able to do it? I think they realize that on Stamford bridge will be very weak this year cause the fans are not wanting Benitez and the pressure is huge there. This is why I think they will push for a win here. Ba will not play, but I think will need to dominate the midfield which they can do it and the match will be theirs!

Re: Steaua v Chelsea > Thursday 7th March Chelsea are taking this competition seriously as they would be only the third team to win all three European cups if ever they lift this trophy. However they still have a fight on their hands to retain their 3rd place in the PL, and I can imagine Rafa going for a cautious approach tonight. Getting a victory by a small margin without expending too much energy would be perfect for the blues and they have proved that they can defend well against the best teams in Europe in last years champion's league campaign and that's what they'll aim to achieve against Steaua. Btts to score no @1.85 Ladbrokes looks a good bet as I am not sure that they are going absolutely for the win with Ba left in London.

Elboko, why do we compare Steaua to Ajax? I agree you could be right with this bet because the players' quality is obviously in favor of Chelsea. But Ajax aren't a mediocre team. In fact, they are the champions of the Netherlands and this year even with a huge focus also on Europe in comparison with PSV, they manage to fight for the Eredivisie trophy. Ajax is the side which scored 5 goals against the en-titre champion of England, Manchester City, in Champions League. The motivation there is huge. In Amsterdam the 0-2 wasn't fair and Steaua came after 66 days of break. The 1-5 versus Stuttgart is a lie, after a 2-2 in first match. I hope you realise Steaua is a club with 14-0 home except the accident against the Germans, this team defeated Ajax, Copenhagen, Molde, CFR Cluj, Dinamo, Rapid and others. Oh, and how can you say Ajax was on trip in Bucharest when the Europa League final takes place in Amsterdam this year?
I only said that they were on a trip because they were playing like they were already qualified and it's not a professional attitude.as of a mediocre team,Ajax is far from the team we used to know,they didn't catch a CL knok-out phase since 2006 I guess. I know they're the best team in Holland,I like they're style of play,I'm a fan of dutch football and their approach to the game but the result was a disaster to them. You've listed a number of teams that were defeated by Steaua this season.I totally agree,they're the best team in the country but they haven't faced a real threat yet.you can't compare a match against Rapip or Dinamo with a match in Europa League play-off.I still believe the victory against Ajax was a great performance but it was something that will not repeat. What do you mean by the result against Stuttgart is a lie? Stuttgart was in poor shape at the beggining of the campaing so they drew 2-2 at home.I think the scoreboard speaks for itself,5-1 for the germans and no need for comments,they simply outclassed Steaua. The enthusiasm around this kind of matches for Romanian clubs,or national team it's something special,i agree,the city is filled up with fans,everybody everywhere talks about it etc .but it's dangerous if you want to bet.It's best to not bet on this one if you're a fan.

Re: Steaua v Chelsea > Thursday 7th March Chelsea’s defence has been superb in recent weeks with four clean sheets in their last six outings including their trip to Prague in their last 32 clash. You would be silly to bet against them conceding a goal in this fixture. This looks like a low scoring affair and certainly offers some decent value in this fixture with both teams not to score. So with that being said, I'm going with the following: BTTS? No @ 5/6 w/ Stan James

Re: Steaua v Chelsea > Thursday 7th March Doh! I just found out that my bet was with Paddy Power since I popped into their shop round the corner from me, and since finding out the result, I checked online and it doesn't look like Paddy Power was covering that particular bet. So I'm curious, will I get refunded or not? I'm quite surprised that Paddy Power never had this one covered in all honesty. In fact, by looking over at Oddschecker, it doesn't look like a great deal of bookies were covering that one which comes as quite a surprise. Usually BTTS can be a popular bet most of the time and generally most bookies have it covered. I can be a real idiot sometimes! :wall

3pts Steaua Bucharest to beat Chelsea 10/3 Stan James Steaua Bucharest look a decent price to me here.
Congrats on the win! I never honestly seen that one coming! The odds looked pretty juicy so enjoy your winnings and give yourself a pat on the back for supporting the underdog in this one! :)

Re: Steaua v Chelsea > Thursday 7th March Congrats to those who layed Chelsea.It's unbelievable how a team like Chelsea didn't manage to pose any real threats in 90 minutes.I admit it blew out in my face,but sometimes football is illogical.Chelsea played like a Championship side.

3pts Steaua Bucharest to beat Chelsea 10/3 Stan James Steaua Bucharest look a decent price to me here. Romania is never the easiest place to go to when you are on song but Chelsea aren’t flowing fully at the minute and if they decide to rest a couple of players then that only exaggerates that. Bucharest saw off a decent Ajax side in the last round and I see no reason why they can’t get a lead to take to London with them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/steaua-bucharest-vs-chelsea-betting-romanians-can-pile-more-misery-on-rafael-benitez-in-last-16-first-leg
Great call mate :ok