** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Schalke v Galatasaray > Tue 12th March

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Schalke v Galatasaray > Tue 12th March I know Gala pretty well, They have skilled players but they dont have any decent teamwork against decent teams... Also their defence is falling down easily... Schalke will find many oppurtunity in that match, it will result as Schalke Win with -1 Handicap but for safe it is a Clear Win For Home Side I think.

Re: Schalke v Galatasaray > Tue 12th March 4pts Schalke to beat Galatasaray 8/11 Ladbrokes With Schalke’s regained form I expect them to reach the quarter final and I think they can do it by winning this second leg too. Galatasaray aren’t the greatest travellers in Europe, as most Turkish sides aren’t, and they have their work cut out in this second leg. Schalke have found form and confidence at just the right time and they can make it into the quarter finals here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/schalke-vs-galatasaray-betting-schalke-have-found-form-at-the-right-time-to-see-off-galatasaray

Re: Schalke v Galatasaray > Tue 12th March Schalke is getting better at ıts own league and Galatasaray is getting worse at ıts own league recently.Scalke is better team than GS but Football is diffrent from other spors and ıt can't always be explained with form and confidence.There are another factors such as motivation and belief.I can see GS player will play football with their heart not foot.They will fight until last drop of their blood.GS have good players and can change score anytime.So It will not so easy for schalke to get ticket for quarter final. GS Draw or Win

Re: Schalke v Galatasaray > Tue 12th March Schalke to qualify is a best pick for me. Also, GAZPROM is a sponsor of both this competition and Schalke, I doubt they want Schalke eliminated now :-D Galata has some defence issues in last few games, both centrebacks are weak, on the other hand Schalke is on rise in last few games.

Re: Schalke v Galatasaray > Tue 12th March Gazprom is a sponsor of Zenit also, and they invested much more money in Zenit than Schalke (Hulk, Witsel) and we all know how that end in CL this year. But who knows. IMO, we will see some goals here I can't see Schalke defending in front of their fans + they are rising in form so I believe they will score also in this match. Galata must look for goal also Yilmaz is on fire in CL, and Drogba didn't played last game I don't know is he injured or coach is saving him for this match. Both teams to score and over 2,5 are 1,70 in my local so I will rather take BTS medium stake (6/10)

Re: Schalke v Galatasaray > Tue 12th March I agree with the comments about Schalke regaining some form and Gala losing theirs, but no one has mentioned that Huntelaar was injured on Saturday and (from what I read) is out. That leaves only Pukki up front as Marica is also out. Even though Gala's defending was woeful in the 1st game, going up against a weakened Schalke attack is surely a positive for them.

Re: Schalke v Galatasaray > Tue 12th March

I agree with the comments about Schalke regaining some form and Gala losing theirs, but no one has mentioned that Huntelaar was injured on Saturday and (from what I read) is out. That leaves only Pukki up front as Marica is also out. Even though Gala's defending was woeful in the 1st game, going up against a weakened Schalke attack is surely a positive for them.
Yep, home topscorer K.J. Huntelaar is out due to injury and key midfielder Jermaine Jones is suspended. Another interesting fact that goes in favor of the guests is that even 18 thousand Turks live in Gelsenkirchen.

Re: Schalke v Galatasaray > Tue 12th March Double chance for Galatasaray at the moment is 2.25 and this is a wonderful and hugely inflated price. Schalke is indeed on the rise in the last few weeks, but I still consider their defense way too poor and disorganized, and think that as a whole the class of Galata is higher. Schalke seem to be enjoying when they enter a game in the position of an outsider, as happened in Istanbul and Wolfsburg, and against Dortmund at home. However, tonight they are in the position of the favorite and I think they feel much less confident when they are considered favorites. Besides, they are missng Huntelaar, who might not be Messi or Cristiano, but is the only clinical goal-scorer in this team. Galata disappointed on Friday at home against Genclerbirligi, but the team played some really great attacking football and deserved to win with a margin, but were very unfortunate. The partnership between Drogba and Yilmaz is working great, and the midfield is performing efficiently. The big concern about Galata is again the defense, such like Schalke. But a very decisive factor in favor of the visitors is their great coach Terim who is definitely much more experienced and higher quality than its Schalke counterpart Keller. Galata or Draw @ 2.25 (bet 365)

Re: Schalke v Galatasaray > Tue 12th March Wow!.. I'm no Gala fan. I Support Fenerbahce in turkey and therefore detest Gala. Although, 5.25 on a Galatasaray team with Didier Drogba, Wesley Sneijder, And 2nd Top goal scorer in the Champs league, Burak Yilmaz are a HUGE threat to Shalke who are missing Jan Huntelaar and the goal scorer in the first leg Jones. Shalke look Quiet Depleted up front. Gala did lose this week in the Turkish league but they had lost in the Turkish league a week before they played Man United and won. the also drew twice before going away to Braga and cluj and got there wins. I will definetley take a chance @ galatasaray @ 5.25. Price is Way too high to ignore.

Re: Schalke v Galatasaray > Tue 12th March I would like to back Gala, but it must be said that it was not only dreadful defending in the 1st leg which hurt them, but also poor tactics. Terim set them up in a 4-4-2 with Sneijder wide (left, if memory serves). Being a natural #10 Sneijder was coming inside frequently and leaving the flank wide open for Farfan to exploit, which he did quite well. There were numerous opportunities on crosses and attacks from that side which should have been converted (only 1 was). Plus I don't think the 4-4-2 suits Gala in this matchup because of the man disadvantage in midfield against Schalke's 4-2-3-1 and arguably, more talented midfielders (though without Jones). Melo and Inan were outmatched and out-manned most of the match. Obviously, Terim wants to deploy the 2 forwards, Drogba and Yilmaz, but I hope he comes up with a different system today than was on display in February.

Correct Score: Schalke 2-1 Galatasary 8/1 @ Stan James - This will be a tight game but I think Schalke will just edge it 2-1. Schalke come into this game off the back of an impressive win against Dortmund and although Huntelaar is out i think they will sneak through. Galatasary lost their last game 0-1 and drew the game before that 0-0. They do have some quality attacking players in Sneijder, Yilmaz and Drogba and I think they will score tonight. However, I think Schalke will just about have enough to go through even without Huntelaar as they are generally tough to beat on their own ground and we be full of confidence after beating Dortmund and still have good players in Draxler and Farfan. Sent from my iPhone using PL Forum app