Cheltenham Press Release ~ Handicaps etc.

For those that dont know there is a terrific press release on the Cheltenham course site, linked below. It gives you all the info for the handicaps, past winners, facts, entries etc... Well worth it to those serious about having an early look at the handicaps, over 100 pages. http://www.cheltenham.co.uk/getattachment/c83bae7a-9f3e-48a7-b9b0-7b97ab3f1af3/Record-Festival-handicap-entries-revealed/ :ok

Re: Cheltenham Press Release ~ Handicaps etc.

just to add to the above phil smith the head of the bha handicapping as been tweeting on twiter that "If a horse has a rating of much lower than 135, it is unlikely it is going to get in to the JLT" "X-Country Chase "I would be surprised if you get in under a rating of 128, which is Cool Operator." "Coral Cup: Average bottom weight last four years has been 132, which is around 10st. If you win a race from now its +5lbs. Maximum field 28." "Fred Winter: "I think to get in it might be around a 122 rating, which is 10st 2." "Pertemps + "I would have thought a rating of 132, which is 10st 8 is absolute minimum to get in. 24 maximum field." "Byrne Group Plate: If Wishfull Thinking goes to the Queen Mother, Hunt Ball will have top weight. Race weights go up 5lbs" "Kim Muir: I think 129 (No Secrets) will be cut off. Celtic Giant won off 110, Sunnyhillboy 142" "County Hurdle minimum rating guesstimate 132." "Martin Pipe. Min weight entry will be 11st, which means this morning's fav Katkeau will need to pick up a penalty to get in" "Johnny Henderson: the weights to this could rise a considerable amount if Wishfull Thinking and Tataniano come out. Min rating 130?"

Re: Cheltenham Press Release ~ Handicaps etc. Going Thurs/Fri and was hoping to see Billie Magern and Pigeon Island run but both will struggle to get in with so many entries! Billie Magern may run at Doncaster on Saturday now i reckon instead. Early thoughts are Wonderful Charm (Coral Cup) and Sam Winner (Pertemps) , both for Nicholls.