Liverpool v Zenit Saint-Petersburg > Thurs 21st February

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Liverpool v Zenit Saint-Petersburg (20:05 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]108.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Liverpool v Zenit Saint-Petersburg > Thurs 21st February 3pts Liverpool to win 1st half 11/8 Betfred This will need to be one of the all time great Anfield nights if Liverpool are to turn this one around and whether or not they can do it remains to be seen but I do think they can give themselves a chance. Liverpool know they have to score first to have any chance in the tie and I think the 11/8 on them winning at half time looks good value because I would expect Zenit to try and soak up pressure to begin with and deflate the crowd. Liverpool will fancy their chances for the whole of the first half, especially if they score early so I like the look of that 11/8. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/liverpool-vs-zenit-st-petersburg-betting-liverpool-can-get-the-crowd-on-side-by-leading-at-the-break

Re: Liverpool v Zenit Saint-Petersburg > Thurs 21st February Liverpool to win @ 7/10 Paddypower Zenit appear to be in the driving seat in the tie, but Liverpool fans be heartened by the chances you created. If a clinical Liverpool turn up I can see them overturning this 2-0 deficit although a Zenit goal would end all hopes. Not 100% sure they will win the tie but think they can secure a home win with goals in this game.

That price on Liverpool has to be a lay for me. At times this season they've struggled to score goals, and I think they'll obviously have to open up here to win the tie, but Zenit have some pretty strong offensive players, so I fancy them to get on the scoresheet, which will make things very very difficult for Liverpool to progress. No Sturridge as well, and a lot will reside on whether Suarez has his shooting boots on.

Re: Liverpool v Zenit Saint-Petersburg > Thurs 21st February This is Liverpool's corner record in home games this season: 10-1 Swansea 13-5 West Brom 10-4 Norwich 9-5 Sunderland 8-2 Fulham 7-2 Villa 10-4 Soton 14-5 Young Boys 10-5 Wigan 14-3 Newcastle 2-4 Swansea* 5-3 Anzhi 6-5 Reading 5-5 Stoke 6-6 Udinese 7-3 Man Utd 10-2 Arsenal 11-1 Hearts 4-4 Man City With Sturridge and Borini out, I think Liverpool will have more natural width. Chasing a 2 goal deficit, it is difficult to envisage Liverpool not being on the front foot for the vast majority of the game, with Zenit happy to sit and hit on the break. So I will play Liverpool to win the race to 7 corners with VC Bet @1.72. It is only 1.4 with Bet365. They have won this 13 or 20 games this season, and in their last 10 games. I rather this to a corner handicap as if they did manage to get in front, a late run of corners as Zenit poured forward could be a danger. 5.5 pts - Liverpool Race to 7 Corners @1.72 - VC Bet :hope

Re: Liverpool v Zenit Saint-Petersburg > Thurs 21st February Hello to all! In this mach, I see only value for Zenti to score over 1.5 golas. My lokal bookie pay 3.90 for that game. In my opinion, Zenit is the much better team. Liverpool received goals at home to mediocrity like Aston Vila, or WBA. Witsel, Danny, Denisov, Shirokov, Kerzhakov, Hulk...its too much power for Liverpul impotent defense. 3.90 for Zenit to score over 1.5 is must be a value. GL to all!

Re: Liverpool v Zenit Saint-Petersburg > Thurs 21st February Luis Suarez AGS @ Evens (Boyles, SportingBet, StanJames, Bwin, Coral) Liverpool need to score tonight and whoelse better than this man, bang in form, evens is a very generous price for the PL Second top goal scorer. Luis Suarez AGS & Liverpool Win @ 9/5 (Betfred) Same reason as above really, it could be one of those famous European Anfield nights! Over 11 Corners in the match @ Evens (888, BlueSQ) Liverpool are going to have to go for it tonight, plus corner bets normally do very well with LFC. Over 11 at home has come in 3 out of 4 in European games. Good Luck People

Re: Liverpool v Zenit Saint-Petersburg > Thurs 21st February Liverpool got enough problems in the league (9 points behind and one game more than Tottenham who are currently 4th) to keep the "Europa League dream" alive. Even if it means more frustration from the fans right now, it may be forgiven and forgotten in the long run if they finish league at CL spot. Also they simply don't have a long enough bench to keep fighting on both fronts and math clearly says that CL money > EL money, so finishing 4th in EPL is more important, no doubt about that. So, concluding, hosts with doubtful motivation and with doubtful "tools" (they are fairly mediocre team overall in mediocre form + with only one striker available) to turn things around, are put against a team who can shut down defensively when needed (Milan-Zenit 0-1 in CL) and a team with some talent in attack (Danny, Hulk, Kerzhakov, Witsel) who can get things done. Zenit + 0.75 @ 2.10 5/10

Re: Liverpool v Zenit Saint-Petersburg > Thurs 21st February

Liverpool got enough problems in the league (9 points behind and one game more than Tottenham who are currently 4th) to keep the "Europa League dream" alive. Even if it means more frustration from the fans right now, it may be forgiven and forgotten in the long run if they finish league at CL spot. Also they simply don't have a long enough bench to keep fighting on both fronts and math clearly says that CL money > EL money, so finishing 4th in EPL is more important, no doubt about that. So, concluding, hosts with doubtful motivation and with doubtful "tools" (they are fairly mediocre team overall in mediocre form + with only one striker available) to turn things around, are put against a team who can shut down defensively when needed (Milan-Zenit 0-1 in CL) and a team with some talent in attack (Danny, Hulk, Kerzhakov, Witsel) who can get things done. Zenit + 0.75 @ 2.10 5/10
Certainly no lack of motivation for Liverpool here, whatever else.

Re: Liverpool v Zenit Saint-Petersburg > Thurs 21st February Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/7 – PaddyPower Zenit travel to Anfield knowing a solid defensive performance will see them into the last 16 of the Europa League and they are more than capable of doing just that. Before their 5-0 win over a very abject Swansea on Sunday, Anfield was the lowest scoring ground in the Premier League with eight matches having gone under 2.5 goals whilst seven of Liverpool’s 11 Europa League matches this campaign have seen less than three goals scored. Liverpool have kept 10 clean sheets on home soil this campaign and with Zenit unlikely to do much attacking we’d need the hosts to net thrice to scupper the bet. And conceding three goals is something Zenit have done just three times all season. The Russian side have gone under 2.5 goals 14 times all campaign and have racked up nine clean sheets in the process. Liverpool looked void of ideas in St Petersburg a week ago and so a low scoring match looks solid value at 8/7.

Liverpool to win @ 7/10 Paddypower Zenit appear to be in the driving seat in the tie, but Liverpool fans be heartened by the chances you created. If a clinical Liverpool turn up I can see them overturning this 2-0 deficit although a Zenit goal would end all hopes. Not 100% sure they will win the tie but think they can secure a home win with goals in this game.
Liverpool 3-1 I think this went exactly how I predicted =)

This is Liverpool's corner record in home games this season: 10-1 Swansea 13-5 West Brom 10-4 Norwich 9-5 Sunderland 8-2 Fulham 7-2 Villa 10-4 Soton 14-5 Young Boys 10-5 Wigan 14-3 Newcastle 2-4 Swansea* 5-3 Anzhi 6-5 Reading 5-5 Stoke 6-6 Udinese 7-3 Man Utd 10-2 Arsenal 11-1 Hearts 4-4 Man City With Sturridge and Borini out, I think Liverpool will have more natural width. Chasing a 2 goal deficit, it is difficult to envisage Liverpool not being on the front foot for the vast majority of the game, with Zenit happy to sit and hit on the break. So I will play Liverpool to win the race to 7 corners with VC Bet @1.72. It is only 1.4 with Bet365. They have won this 13 or 20 games this season, and in their last 10 games. I rather this to a corner handicap as if they did manage to get in front, a late run of corners as Zenit poured forward could be a danger. 5.5 pts - Liverpool Race to 7 Corners @1.72 - VC Bet :hope
brilliant call

This is Liverpool's corner record in home games this season: 10-1 Swansea 13-5 West Brom 10-4 Norwich 9-5 Sunderland 8-2 Fulham 7-2 Villa 10-4 Soton 14-5 Young Boys 10-5 Wigan 14-3 Newcastle 2-4 Swansea* 5-3 Anzhi 6-5 Reading 5-5 Stoke 6-6 Udinese 7-3 Man Utd 10-2 Arsenal 11-1 Hearts 4-4 Man City With Sturridge and Borini out, I think Liverpool will have more natural width. Chasing a 2 goal deficit, it is difficult to envisage Liverpool not being on the front foot for the vast majority of the game, with Zenit happy to sit and hit on the break. So I will play Liverpool to win the race to 7 corners with VC Bet @1.72. It is only 1.4 with Bet365. They have won this 13 or 20 games this season, and in their last 10 games. I rather this to a corner handicap as if they did manage to get in front, a late run of corners as Zenit poured forward could be a danger. 5.5 pts - Liverpool Race to 7 Corners @1.72 - VC Bet :hope
Bet won +4pts Finished up 11-2, was a bit worried when I seen the line-up but went much as expected. Strange substitutions by Rodgers, although fatigue was also a factor late on I think.