Arsenal V Bayern Munich > Tuesday 19th February

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Arsenal V Bayern Munich > Tuesday 19th February Yeah Bayern should win this one quite comfortably. They secured the title in Bundesliga and now they're determined to do well in Europe too. Robben is back at full force. Actually second me this is more a men against boys match as I rate Bayern to be way stronger than Arsenal. The Gunners with the likes of Giroud, Podolski etc are not a match against Ribery, Robben Schweinsteiger, Lahm and the rising stars like Alaba, Mandzukic etc. Clear away win

Re: Arsenal V Bayern Munich > Tuesday 19th February When I saw odds for this match it seemed to me that it is not quite fair. No matter how bad and depleted this Arsenal side are, I don't think that they should be underdogs here. Arsenal were always tough nut to crack at home in knockout stages of CL (remember Barca and Milan in the last two seasons). Bayern should be favourite to go through but not in London. My play will definitely be double chance on Gunners. I just don't see them as the losing side on Tuesday.

Over 2.5 goals @ 1.85 - bet365. Mad price IMO. Initially I'd agree that the price on Arsenal seems a little unfair, but I think this is probably the weakest Arsenal squad we've seen for a long time, and Munich are still a class above. Although this is a two legged affair so it's hard to know how the first leg will pan out, but one things for certain this tie won't be a dull 0-0. Munich have enough firepower to cope with the best in Europe, and Arsenal's defence this season has been as poor as ever. So I can't see then not conceding, and due to the fact it's a two legged affair I think Arsenal will be pushing to get something here in the first leg.

Re: Arsenal V Bayern Munich > Tuesday 19th February if bayern didn't have a name i would call them machine. they should mow this arsenal team down with little effort. arsenal are still work in progress and it will take few more years to get some decent outfits out of kids playing. they are just not on par with bayern who have got experience as well as form. unfortunately arsenal make mistakes consistently which will be costly here.

Re: Arsenal V Bayern Munich > Tuesday 19th February Totally agree with sajton here. As I said above,it will be a match between men and kids with a few words. It's time for Bayern to conquer Europe and the young gunners can do nothing to stop that. Bayern has everything in their favour,the form, the mood, the power and they'll win at Emirates!

Re: Arsenal V Bayern Munich > Tuesday 19th February I can see Arsenal really struggling to get to grips with the game and when imagining how it's to play out I can't get past how poor they've been in the 1st half of games. They do seem to lack experience and a true leader to get the team together. Their last 10 home ht results read won 1, drawn 7 and lost 2 with the losses coming against Liverpool and Man City who were the only strong opponents they faced. Furthermore in the group stages they drew all 3 home games versus far weaker opposition than Bayern who have been in superb form of late. The value may lie in the half time market and I like the look of the following bet. Bayern -0.25 1st half AH 2.13@SBO

Re: Arsenal V Bayern Munich > Tuesday 19th February

Who will play full back for arse? Sagna is one. Who is the other. Gibbs and especially Jenkinson can't stand to Ribery and Robben and these two often team up on the same flank to pull of what is known in Germany as a "Robb-ery" lol
It should look like this in the defense: Sagna - Koscielny - Mertesacker - Vermaelen. On the other side, Bayern will be without regular defenders Badstuber (injured) and Boateng (suspended), while Javi Martinez (defensive midfielder is in doubt). I agree with Jase about goals here.

Re: Arsenal V Bayern Munich > Tuesday 19th February 4pts Bayern Munich to beat Arsenal 11/10 William Hill I think the Bundesliga leaders are good thing in this one because Arsenal know they can’t leave the Emirates anything but ahead if they want to win this tie. Javi Martinez and Bastian Schweinsteiger give a tight defence a perfect shield while at the other end of the park they are full of dynamite. While it would never surprise me were Arsenal to put on a show here I just think Bayern will be too good here. 2pts T.Mueller to score anytime (if he starts) 11/4 Coral Arsenal are clearly going to be weak at left back in this match whether it is Thomas Vermaelen who plays there or another fill in. We’ve seen in the last year or two that Mueller can take up very good positions and can be deadly in front of goal. I like the idea of him having plenty of space down the right hand side and he looks too big to score anytime in this match given he will be attacking Arsenal’s major weakness. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/arsenal-vs-bayern-munich-betting-german-league-leaders-can-secure-a-first-leg-lead-at-the-emirates

Re: Arsenal V Bayern Munich > Tuesday 19th February Bayern München winning @ 2.05 Bet365 Bayern München -2, -2,50 @ 7.20 Bet365 Mandžukić to score at anytime @ 5.50 Bet365 I really do like to back Bayern on this one with a big victory. Since Arsenal was picked I've pretty much tried to follow all of their matches. Mertesacker does not seem to have improved his game since his departure and they tend to make a lot of individual errors, which is fuel for a team alike Bayern which is so far up on the pitch. I didn't think Bayern did a very good impression in the group stages. Schweinsteiger, Müller, Podolski and Mertesacker was on a live stream 3 days ago on youtube where the only modest person about the result was Schweinsteiger thinking it will end 0-0 whilst the others said 2-2 etc. Martinez will be fit for the match, and if Gustavo starts it won't affect the team in any bad way. Buyten will be the weak spot for Bayern as I think Wenger will make an Inter/Chelsea alike approach with Podolski and Walcott being the targetted runners. It would surprise me greatly if Robben is on the pitch and not Müller. Even when Robben finally scored it was his nemesis that assisted him this friday. Heynckes added this weekend that the focus on ChL would be from saturday and onward. As Bayern have a lot of big games in february against Dortmund etc. they will try to get this done as quick as possible.

Re: Arsenal V Bayern Munich > Tuesday 19th February Arsenal v Bayern Munich I'm not quite as convinced as others this is going to be a walk in the park for Bayern, but like the bookies I can't see anything but a Bayern win over the two legs. Bayern have been one of the two best teams in Europe this season, along with Barca, and it would be a surprise to see them go out before the semi-finals. Looking at Arsenal this season in Europe, their home form has seen 2 wins and a loss to Schalke (who at the time were in good form), but they are always liable to concede goals and I that is obviously a big problem against a team like Bayern who score goals for fun. On the plus side for Arsenal Bayern's away form in Europe so far has been poor, getting battered 3-1 by BATE, beating a poor Lille side 1-0 through a penalty and scraping a 1-1 draw against a Valencia side who were down to 10 men for 60 minutes. For Arsenal it looks likely that Diaby will start for his physical presence in midfield, we all know the talent of Wilshire with Arteta giving his usual 7/10 performance. Walcott looks likely (but not def) to start up front and I think pace is the way to go against the Bayern backline, V.Buyten can certainly be got at and I think starting Walcott ahead of Giroud would be a positive step. The defence is never going to be solid, Mandzukic will start for Bayern I watched Gomez the other week and he looked well off the pace, Mandzukic's good form has probably taken everybody by surprise but he is keeping Gomez out the side since he came back from injury. Dante, Martinez and Schweinsteiger all sit one yellow card away from suspension for the second leg, the side is pretty settled though with Schweinsteiger and Martinez providing defensive support to Kroos, Ribery and Muller. If you look at the teams player for player they isn't much encouragement for Arsenal but as I said at the start I don't think this will be easy for Bayern and they aren't a traditional strong side away in Europe, conceding in all 3 of their group games and going even further back in 18 of their last 20 CL games. They are very good at home but Arsenals record at home in Europe is very good too, as I discussed last week the first leg of this round is generally an 'unders' round but we have seen little of that so far. Bayern are hugely likely to go through, they will likely beat Arsenal by 2 or more in the second leg but I expect this first round to be quite tight, I think people are underestimating Arsenal somewhat and they have good players especially in attacking areas that command more respect. There is a difference between domestic and European form, I would be surprised to see Bayern keep a clean sheet Arsenal have netted in 18 of their last 20 home games in the CL and I think that stat will continue..both teams to score for me. Both Teams to Score - 1.67 - 32red - 5 Points

It should look like this in the defense: Sagna - Koscielny - Mertesacker - Vermaelen. On the other side, Bayern will be without regular defenders Badstuber (injured) and Boateng (suspended), while Javi Martinez (defensive midfielder is in doubt). I agree with Jase about goals here.
Yes but Bayern will have Alaba-Dante-Van Buyton-Lahm who are all strong. So they won't miss Boateng or Bastuber (makes mistakes sometimes). Also Heynkes has declared Javi Martinez is right to play after recovering from a badly bruised toe. So defensively Bayern look sound.

Re: Arsenal V Bayern Munich > Tuesday 19th February I'm backing Bayern Munich to be winning at half time and to win the game. I watch the Premier League week in week out and they very rarely look to be a threat, especially against the bigger teams. They will crumble and it probably wont take long.

Arsenal v Bayern Munich I'm not quite as convinced as others this is going to be a walk in the park for Bayern, but like the bookies I can't see anything but a Bayern win over the two legs. Bayern have been one of the two best teams in Europe this season, along with Barca, and it would be a surprise to see them go out before the semi-finals. Looking at Arsenal this season in Europe, their home form has seen 2 wins and a loss to Schalke (who at the time were in good form), but they are always liable to concede goals and I that is obviously a big problem against a team like Bayern who score goals for fun. On the plus side for Arsenal Bayern's away form in Europe so far has been poor, getting battered 3-1 by BATE, beating a poor Lille side 1-0 through a penalty and scraping a 1-1 draw against a Valencia side who were down to 10 men for 60 minutes. For Arsenal it looks likely that Diaby will start for his physical presence in midfield, we all know the talent of Wilshire with Arteta giving his usual 7/10 performance. Walcott looks likely (but not def) to start up front and I think pace is the way to go against the Bayern backline, V.Buyten can certainly be got at and I think starting Walcott ahead of Giroud would be a positive step. The defence is never going to be solid, Mandzukic will start for Bayern I watched Gomez the other week and he looked well off the pace, Mandzukic's good form has probably taken everybody by surprise but he is keeping Gomez out the side since he came back from injury. Dante, Martinez and Schweinsteiger all sit one yellow card away from suspension for the second leg, the side is pretty settled though with Schweinsteiger and Martinez providing defensive support to Kroos, Ribery and Muller. If you look at the teams player for player they isn't much encouragement for Arsenal but as I said at the start I don't think this will be easy for Bayern and they aren't a traditional strong side away in Europe, conceding in all 3 of their group games and going even further back in 18 of their last 20 CL games. They are very good at home but Arsenals record at home in Europe is very good too, as I discussed last week the first leg of this round is generally an 'unders' round but we have seen little of that so far. Bayern are hugely likely to go through, they will likely beat Arsenal by 2 or more in the second leg but I expect this first round to be quite tight, I think people are underestimating Arsenal somewhat and they have good players especially in attacking areas that command more respect. There is a difference between domestic and European form, I would be surprised to see Bayern keep a clean sheet Arsenal have netted in 18 of their last 20 home games in the CL and I think that stat will continue..both teams to score for me. Both Teams to Score - 1.67 - 32red - 5 Points
Bayern have not conceded on all 3 of there away group games , it was only twice they conceded, they did no concede to lille AWay,

Bayern have not conceded on all 3 of there away group games ' date=' it was only twice they conceded, they did no concede to lille AWay,[/quote'] Correct, conceded in two of three. Bayern's away form in Europe so far has been poor though, getting battered 3-1 by BATE, beating a poor Lille side 1-0 through a penalty and scraping a 1-1 draw against a Valencia side who were down to 10 men for 60 minutes..

Re: Arsenal V Bayern Munich > Tuesday 19th February in the bundesliga they have conceded 1 away goal in 11 away matches, Which shows when they play properly and concentrated its hard for them to concede many goals. I woudlnt be suprised if arsenal scored though, i think the more likely result is bayern munich over 1.5 goals ,the only way bayern would concede is if they get complacent

Yes but Bayern will have Alaba-Dante-Van Buyton-Lahm who are all strong. So they won't miss Boateng or Bastuber (makes mistakes sometimes). Also Heynkes has declared Javi Martinez is right to play after recovering from a badly bruised toe. So defensively Bayern look sound.
Van Buyten is experienced player (35), but it seems to me that he is very slow (played only six games this season) and it's a great opportunity for home fast offensive players. probable line-ups
  • Szczesny - Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen - Arteta, Ramsey - Wilshere - Walcott, Podolski, Cazorla
  • Neuer - Lahm, van Buyten, Dante, Alaba - Javi Martinez, Schweinsteiger - T. Müller, Kroos, Ribery - Mandzukic

in the bundesliga they have conceded 1 away goal in 11 away matches, Which shows when they play properly and concentrated its hard for them to concede many goals. I woudlnt be suprised if arsenal scored though, i think the more likely result is bayern munich over 1.5 goals ,the only way bayern would concede is if they get complacent
You can't really compare domestic form with European form too much as they are different competitions, why do you think they 'concerntrate' more in the Bundesliga? They were in the same form in the league as they are now when they were playing the group games, and didn't rotate hardly any players..their away form in Europe has always been patchy, look at last year when they got to the final, they lost 2 of their 3 away games in the knockout stages, to Basel and Real Madrid (before eventually winning on penalties).. I think it is foolish to ignore the attacking qualities of a side like Arsenal who has consistently performed well in the CL at home, hopefully Arsenal play at a high tempo with the crowd behind them (don't laugh!) and the Bayern defence can be got at. The crowd is usually quiet but will create a good atmosphere in the top games, for a change there is little pressure on Arsenal, nobody really expects them to go through with the second leg away too. I'm not saying Arsenal will win but I think both teams will score.

Re: Arsenal V Bayern Munich > Tuesday 19th February OK! The odds for this game are correct and this is mainly because of the moment form of these two teams.BUT if we look deeper at Bayern's form this year in the group stages it appears that they are not so tough away from home.They didnt manage to beat Valencia with man down for the home side from 34' of the game and even the valencians scored first and later Bayern equalized.More... the game against Lille also away they beat the poor french side there 1:0 but believe me it wasn't so easy Lille weren't playing bad and they had their chances the game could have been 1:1 easily.I won't speak for BATE because that was final round and maybe the motivation was not high. What can we say for Arsenal, they play very good attacking football they have the players but the main concern is the deffensive part of the squad.Too much individual mistakes were made that caused them lost of many points.This is the first match ,Bayern are away and the odds are around evens, but I won't suggest backing them especially that there is second encounter and there you can expect BM victory but not today. Today they are missing some regulars in deffence and that can be crucial for them . Fast players like Wallcot ,Podolski , Cazorla can really hurt their deffence, Buyten will start and i dont think he can handle this type of Arsenal playing style. Anyway I'm not saying that there is NO chance for Bayern but AFC will not give up so easily and the game will be very open so GOALS is the answer here ,but it has to be value in Arsenal in some way I just can not see them losing this one so AFC +0.5 @ 1.85 bet365 is the bet for me and good luck to all but do not underestimate Arsenal in this one like the match with Barcelona a couple years ago. GL also to the FCB picks :)