** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Arsenal V Bayern Munich > Tuesday 19th February

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Arsenal V Bayern Munich > Tuesday 19th February

Arsenal v Bayern Munich I'm not quite as convinced as others this is going to be a walk in the park for Bayern, but like the bookies I can't see anything but a Bayern win over the two legs. Bayern have been one of the two best teams in Europe this season, along with Barca, and it would be a surprise to see them go out before the semi-finals. Looking at Arsenal this season in Europe, their home form has seen 2 wins and a loss to Schalke (who at the time were in good form), but they are always liable to concede goals and I that is obviously a big problem against a team like Bayern who score goals for fun. On the plus side for Arsenal Bayern's away form in Europe so far has been poor, getting battered 3-1 by BATE, beating a poor Lille side 1-0 through a penalty and scraping a 1-1 draw against a Valencia side who were down to 10 men for 60 minutes. For Arsenal it looks likely that Diaby will start for his physical presence in midfield, we all know the talent of Wilshire with Arteta giving his usual 7/10 performance. Walcott looks likely (but not def) to start up front and I think pace is the way to go against the Bayern backline, V.Buyten can certainly be got at and I think starting Walcott ahead of Giroud would be a positive step. The defence is never going to be solid, Mandzukic will start for Bayern I watched Gomez the other week and he looked well off the pace, Mandzukic's good form has probably taken everybody by surprise but he is keeping Gomez out the side since he came back from injury. Dante, Martinez and Schweinsteiger all sit one yellow card away from suspension for the second leg, the side is pretty settled though with Schweinsteiger and Martinez providing defensive support to Kroos, Ribery and Muller. If you look at the teams player for player they isn't much encouragement for Arsenal but as I said at the start I don't think this will be easy for Bayern and they aren't a traditional strong side away in Europe, conceding in all 3 of their group games and going even further back in 18 of their last 20 CL games. They are very good at home but Arsenals record at home in Europe is very good too, as I discussed last week the first leg of this round is generally an 'unders' round but we have seen little of that so far. Bayern are hugely likely to go through, they will likely beat Arsenal by 2 or more in the second leg but I expect this first round to be quite tight, I think people are underestimating Arsenal somewhat and they have good players especially in attacking areas that command more respect. There is a difference between domestic and European form, I would be surprised to see Bayern keep a clean sheet Arsenal have netted in 18 of their last 20 home games in the CL and I think that stat will continue..both teams to score for me. Both Teams to Score - 1.67 - 32red - 5 Points WIN
Well, Arsenal were largely outclassed. Arsenal didn't keep the ball in the final third and Walcott was feeding off scraps, if the Giroud effort had gone in at 1-2 we might have been looking at a different result but in the end 1-3 was about right and sees Bayern safely through..unfortunately it's possibly too big a lead to look at Bayern handicaps in the second leg, imagine -1.5AH will be about 1.75ish which isn't going to appeal.

Re: Arsenal V Bayern Munich > Tuesday 19th February

There is value on Arsenal for me at these odds. Arsenal have a very good record at home in the Champions League. Bayern have a very poor record away to English sides. Bayern have the class, but they don't need to win. I think Arsenal, without much pressure, might do better than expected. Arsenal +0.5 2.01 Pinnacle
Result: 1-3 Bet lost Arsenal out-gunned tonight

Re: Arsenal V Bayern Munich > Tuesday 19th February Haha yea I noticed that the price on that was wrong from me, but as I havn't made 20 posts yet I can't really do anything about it. But I did win a lot on that match and on Bayern lately. Gotta love em!