Tuesday 5:15: Rewards4Racing Novices' Handicap Chase

• 1 month later...

Re: Tuesday 5:15: Pulteney Land Investments Novices' Handicap Chase THis is called the Rewards4racing chase now Rebel Rebellion runs today at Sandown and is 44.0 on Betfair for Tuesdays race, not sure what Nicholls plans are but hasnt raced for 85 days and could be much shorter if it lines up on Tuesday so just a small interest

Re: Tuesday 5:15: Pulteney Land Investments Novices' Handicap Chase Rewards4racing Novices' Handicap Chase (Tues 5.15) - 1.5pts e/w The Druids Nephew @ 9/1 (Hills) It's likely that I'll be having quite a few more each-way bets this week as it is easy to lose a lot if going on the nose in such competitive races. This is a horse who looks sure to run his race and I think has a stonking chance of landing the price for Andy Turnell. He's always looked talented but was reported to still be a bit weak going into Cheltenham last year where he contested the Albert Bartlett but there was nothing wrong with his effort as he finished a highly respectable 6th to Brindisi Breeze at a price of 100/1. He looks just as good if not more over fences and looks as if he's off a very fair mark of 135 going into this event. He's been off the track since early January but that's protected his mark which surely would have gone up if he'd confirmed the form of his chase runs to date. The races he's competed in have been strong affairs and especially the 1st and 3rd runs have worked out extremely well. He was only beaten a nose by Hadrian's Approach at Ascot on his debut over the larger obstacles with the 3rd and 4th horses being Rolling Aces and Kapga De Cerisy. The current respective marks of those are 147, 153 and 140 so it's not hard to see why I believe he's well-treated off 135 in this event. Of course form can't always be taken literally but his beating of Grandioso by 10l at Wincanton last time also adds fuel to the fire as that horse made a mockery of a mark of 132 next time before beating the 152-rated Molotof last time out. Sandwiched in between those runs my selection was 3rd at Kempton but had obvious excuses. The 3 mile trip, the soft ground and his tendency to jump quite markedly left-handed all contributed to him being overhauled up the straight. He still wasn't beaten far though and he was quite keen through the race too. It suggested he went off quite quick as well as the winner looked beaten turning in and all in all a drop back to 2m4f and a left-handed track (jumped left on all three chase starts - varying degrees of seriousness and all three were on right-handed tracks). Looking at the stats of this particular race, seven of the eight winners failed to win on their first two chase starts so he ticks that box and also four of the eight winners were rated between 133 and 135 so his mark of 135 means he fits into this category as well. All in all it's hard not to see an obvious chance with Tom Scudamore on board. He's fairly uncomplicated, jumps well in the main and has a good engine too. His form has stacked up very well and off 135 I think he's going to put in a bold show.

Re: Tuesday 5:15: Pulteney Land Investments Novices' Handicap Chase my bet on Rebel Rebellion didnt come off, goes to Punchestown now i hear onto the race then... I like horses with 1st or 2nd LTO plus 2-5 runs so narrowing down the field a bit Kruzhlinin 1 Colour squadron 2 Vulcanite 2 Shanganni 1 THe Druids Nephew 1 Ohio Gold 2 Hazy tom 2 Arthurs pass 1 The winner i believe will come from the above field of 8. Hazy tom hasnt raced for 3 months so thats a negative for me Im taking out those between 11st 7lb - 11st 13lb also as difficult to win this race with that weight (33 have tried and no winners - Hunt ball won with 12st last year - freeak!) Leaves Ohio Gold who ran against the likes of Bobs worth over novice hurdles and not quite got head in front this season with 3 seconds. Arthurs Pass has been winning small races and rising up the handicap and could surprise again on a 4 timer. Bets Ohio Gold 22/1 BetVictor Arthurs Pass 16/1 Stan James

Re: Tuesday 5:15: Pulteney Land Investments Novices' Handicap Chase

Not the easiest race on paper to end the first day on but its rarely won by anything outside the first half dozen in the betting suggesting there are no secrets in this handicap. Colour Squadron was the eyecatcher last time out but has failed to convince me over fences so far while I’d be interested in Carlito Brigante if it ever dried up enough for him. A tentative vote goes to The Druids Nephew who won well last time and still looks reasonably handicapped while at a bigger price Ohio Gold could reach a place for the Tizzard’s. Selections: 1pt The Druids Nephew 8/1

>Betfred 1pt EW Ohio Gold 22/1 Stan James

Full Preview; https://www.punterslounge.com/cheltenham-festival/

Re: Tuesday 5:15: Rewards4Racing Novices' Handicap Chase 5.15 Cheltenham: Shangani, 8/1 BetVictor, win Shangani has won his last two races. He won over two miles at Sandown two runs ago. He finished 7L ahead of Olympian Boy who won nto. He was raised nine pounds for that win but he still won impressively lto on soft ground at Catterick. Third, fourth and sixth won nto. He has been raised another ten pounds for that win but I think he could improve again and he should go close today. He steps up in trip by 1½f but he finished well lto so it should suit and the ground will suit.

Re: Tuesday 5:15: Rewards4Racing Novices' Handicap Chase Don't think I've ever posted a selection in this forum, but hey ho, the Cheltenham excitement has got to me. The more I read the form of Bobowen in this the more I like it. 2/2 when Chasing on Soft ground. Beaten less than a length in a 28k race 6 months ago meaning it shouldn't be too out of his depth here. (Granted it was carrying a lot less weight) Trainer went to the bother of booking Geraghty for it's only run at Cheltenham in October (jumped poorly and was pulled up) It had a confidence building warm up over hurdles a few weeks ago. If it can get it's jumping back on track it looks like a nice price. I'm on at 22.0 at Betfair.