Wednesday 5:15: Weatherbys Champion Bumper

• 5 weeks later...

Re: Wednesday 5:15: Weatherbys Champion Bumper Our leader BH once named me.......King of the Bumpers, and i did take some pride in that title HOWEVER, things so far this year have not went to plan, i absolutely love bumper races, sometimes its a great way in finding the next best thing, i note down so many bumper winners and runner ups its just plain crazy, i can spend hours at a time over a full weekend watching old bumper races i just get caught up on race after race and totally lose track of time and place. A nice winner back in 2011 and stuck up FIRST by our very own Aidymac in his Market Movers thread was Cheltenian, Aidymac pointed out he ran green on his debut, it was very wise staying loyal with that horse as he then went on and won his next two races, one of which being the Champion bumper at 14/1 Cue Card was another who strode away with the very same race at 40/1 so its a race i love and it would be great banging in the winner again, only then would that title of - king of the Bumpers be held with some pride. Must admit this race is the one i have put most of my study time into, spent hours watching many many past races and i do hope that time has not been wasted. From all the races i have watched about 7 horses have really stood out, but then i narrowed it down to two, so here they are. 2nd Choice - Oscar Rock Trained by H.Fry and this 5yr old gelding could go from strength to strength, 3 runs 2 wins and his last win at Newbury on soft ground looked top drawer to me, trainer J.Goldie thinks a bit about Caledonia, but he was brushed aside with ease under a very confident ride from jockey Noel Fehily, i have this horse down as a main contender in the Champion bumper and i also have jockey Noel Fehily down as a jockey that could spring a few surprises at this years festival and punters should not overlook him. 1st Choice. A few of the bookmakers have not been taking many chances with the No-1 choice, i have followed the market on this horse from day one he made his debut that being Boxing day at Dec 26th at Leopardstown. This big 4yr old by flemensfirth traveled like something a touch special on boxing day and Irish money has came for him over the months, the only concern i would have for the big day is his inexperience, he's only had the 1 run, but i think connections are well aware of what they have and its a case of....The very best is yet to come. When NR money back kicks in with all named bookmakers i'll be shopping around and taking what i can when i can, i make this horse my Number 1 bet of my 2013 Cheltenham festival. Moyle Park - Win & Ew Bets ! King of the Bumpers ? Time will give us the Answer.

Re: Wednesday 5:15: Weatherbys Champion Bumper

Our leader BH once named me.......King of the Bumpers, and i did take some pride in that title HOWEVER, things so far this year have not went to plan, i absolutely love bumper races, sometimes its a great way in finding the next best thing, i note down so many bumper winners and runner ups its just plain crazy, i can spend hours at a time over a full weekend watching old bumper races i just get caught up on race after race and totally lose track of time and place. A nice winner back in 2011 and stuck up FIRST by our very own Aidymac in his Market Movers thread was Cheltenian, Aidymac pointed out he ran green on his debut, it was very wise staying loyal with that horse as he then went on and won his next two races, one of which being the Champion bumper at 14/1 Cue Card was another who strode away with the very same race at 40/1 so its a race i love and it would be great banging in the winner again, only then would that title of - king of the Bumpers be held with some pride. Must admit this race is the one i have put most of my study time into, spent hours watching many many past races and i do hope that time has not been wasted. From all the races i have watched about 7 horses have really stood out, but then i narrowed it down to two, so here they are. 2nd Choice - Oscar Rock Trained by H.Fry and this 5yr old gelding could go from strength to strength, 3 runs 2 wins and his last win at Newbury on soft ground looked top drawer to me, trainer J.Goldie thinks a bit about Caledonia, but he was brushed aside with ease under a very confident ride from jockey Noel Fehily, i have this horse down as a main contender in the Champion bumper and i also have jockey Noel Fehily down as a jockey that could spring a few surprises at this years festival and punters should not overlook him. 1st Choice. A few of the bookmakers have not been taking many chances with the No-1 choice, i have followed the market on this horse from day one he made his debut that being Boxing day at Dec 26th at Leopardstown. This big 4yr old by flemensfirth traveled like something a touch special on boxing day and Irish money has came for him over the months, the only concern i would have for the big day is his inexperience, he's only had the 1 run, but i think connections are well aware of what they have and its a case of....The very best is yet to come. When NR money back kicks in with all named bookmakers i'll be shopping around and taking what i can when i can, i make this horse my Number 1 bet of my 2013 Cheltenham festival. Moyle Park - Win & Ew Bets ! King of the Bumpers ? Time will give us the Answer.
Really enjoyed reading your thoughts on the Bumper and it's one race I struggle to nail down as so many horses come in to race having won so many races between them and many in a canter.

Really enjoyed reading your thoughts on the Bumper and it's one race I struggle to nail down as so many horses come in to race having won so many races between them and many in a canter.
Its a real shame the pipe horse Red Sherlock wont run, but he is one horse to watch for next season, he could be special. Worth a wee read fella. http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/137404-Jump-Racing-gt-Thursday-31st-January

Its a real shame the pipe horse Red Sherlock wont run, but he is one horse to watch for next season, he could be special. Worth a wee read fella. http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/137404-Jump-Racing-gt-Thursday-31st-January
I did see it won the other day at Ascot beating some decent horses so very much in the notebook for next season, thanks for that.

Re: Wednesday 5:15: Weatherbys Champion Bumper I am a big fan of Le Vent D'antan. With the same trainer as Cheltenian was before being moved to Philip Hobbs and that one won the bumper by 5 lengths. Connections said this horse works just as well as Cheltenian did and he made a very impressive debut when well backed at Leopardstown. Same sire as Pique Sous who went very close in last years bumper and I fancy him to at the very least make the first 3.

Re: Wednesday 5:15: Weatherbys Champion Bumper No bet as this is an impossible betting race, but love the race to just hope one travels and wins well and we can all dream of it being the next big thing! Golantilla seems to have a big rep so looking forward to seeing what he can do!

Looks like they are running fella.
What makes you say that Jimmy? Harry Fry on ATR the other week said Rock On Ruby would be his only runner at the festival and Oscar Rock is still trading at around 30's on betfair, suggesting it won't run!

Re: Wednesday 5:15: Weatherbys Champion Bumper With small stakes I'll be backing The Liquidator who runs for David Pipe with Scudamore on board. It came 2nd in a listed race at the track over a similar distance last November before winning an easier race on deep ground at Exeter lto, a run likely to set him up nicely here. 20/1 can be got at the moment. Tough race to pick from mind.

Re: Wednesday 5:15: Weatherbys Champion Bumper A rangers fan backing The Liquidator on small stakes pmsl sorry mate i couldnt resist it. Although it is interesting Scudamore took this from his choice of 3, i just cant back a Pipe horse in this. Stick with the Irish in this one and you wont go far wrong. Why Golantilla isnt clear fav is beyond me

A very difficult race to end the day with and the Irish must be odds on to finish up with a winner here, you have to respect Willie Mullins and see no reason why Union Dues shouldn’t be on any shortlist. The well backed Le Vant D’Antan will be a popular winner too. For the home runners Sgt Reckless and Richard Hughes has a leading chance and The Liquidator is a big price for the Pipe team and worth a small each way bet in an open finale. Selections; 1pt Union Dues 8/1

>Betfred 1pt EW The Liquidator 20/1 >William Hill

Full Preview; https://www.punterslounge.com/cheltenham-festival/

A rangers fan backing The Liquidator on small stakes pmsl sorry mate i couldnt resist it. Although it is interesting Scudamore took this from his choice of 3, i just cant back a Pipe horse in this. Stick with the Irish in this one and you wont go far wrong. Why Golantilla isnt clear fav is beyond me
I'll let you off with that one.

Re: Wednesday 5:15: Weatherbys Champion Bumper A dutched E/way on two horses here. W P Mullins has three running here, so I'll dutch his first and second here (Union Dues and Sizing Tennessee). W P Mullins has farmed this race over the years with 7 winners from the last 16 runnings of this race and his first and second string have done nothing wrong this season, even his third string, Briar Hill, has good current form to go on. They all meet a lot of the trends that can be used to whittle down the field. E.g Last time out winner, 5 or 6 year old, won on a left handed track, irish trained etc. I favour Union Dues here over the two as W P Mullins has an excellent record when bringing out horses for their 2nd run for him after transfering to his yard, the stats for horses on their 2nd run for Mullins is currently standing at 54 runners, with 27 winning and 13 placing for the last 5 years. Current prices are 9/1 (BOG) Union Dues and 20/1 (BOG) Sizing Tennessee both at William Hill. Bet#1 Union Dues - 32.43pts E/W @ 9/1 - William Hill 1/4 odds 1234 bet#2 Sizing Tennessee - 17.57pts E/W @ 20/1 - William Hill 1/4 odds 1234 If either are placed then a small return of around 5pts on outlay will be returned.