** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Capital One Cup Final > Swansea City v Bradford City > 24th Feb

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: odds allOdds]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH][TABLE=class: SortLinks, width: 89] [TR] [TD=class: sortLinkLeft, align: left] [/TD] [TD=class: sortLinkRight, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [/TH] [TH]v6122.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6312.gif[/TH] [TH]v6093.gif[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [TH]v6173.gif[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: AO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Bradford City[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]9.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]7[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]8.5[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]Draw[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]3.95[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]4.6[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]4.33[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Swansea City[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]1.39[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.36[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]1.41[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]1.36[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O U hover, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]1.44[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Capital One Cup Final > Swansea City v Bradford City > 24th Feb Swansea @ 1.44 (Youwin) 10/10 Very, very generous odds on Swansea in my opinion. Bradford have done well to get this far but this is still a very decent Premiership team playing a League Two side, Bradford are obviously a tough proposition at home but I don't think they've proven they can compete with the best away from Valley Parade. They did enough at Villa Park but it was against a very poor Villa side who are in the midst of a massive crisis and they still lost the game. Their best hope is that the nerves get to Swansea but I would say Swansea would win this game 80% of the time, the Wembley pitch will suit their passing game and their quality should tell. I would have priced this @ 1.25 so very good value in my opinion, also very likely to come in hence my maximum stake.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Capital One Cup Final > Swansea City v Bradford City > 24th Feb surley swansea will pass bradford to death at wembley . i will be having a decent sized punt on swansea minus 1 at evens . swansea are underrated and i think they will win well here against a league two team

Re: Capital One Cup Final > Swansea City v Bradford City > 24th Feb Bradford-Swansea AH-1.25 @1.79 7/10 Pinnacle Bradford amazingly reached the finale of the Carling Cup. They beat Arsenal and then Aston Villa over two legs. But they are having a really poor run in the league lately although their number one goal is the promotion. They have a 1-2-5 in their last 8 matches. They lost to Wimbledon at the weekend although being in front till the last 15 minutes. Striker Wells, who scored 14 goals in the league so far, is completely out of form and didn't score for a lot of matches. Swansea on the other hand play a very good season. They have several good players with Michu being their outstanding player of the season. Swansea play attractive and dominant football when they play at home. Away from home they play more defensively trying to get away with one point but they just do it against better teams. But Bradford is no way near their level. Swansea will play their domiant passing football and won't underestimate Bradford as Aston Villa and Arsenal did. Swansea rested most of their players against Liverpool. A victory will see them playing European footnall next season and they will win this finale without big problems. Bradford is just to weak even if they raise their game in this match as they did the rounds before. My tip 0-3 GL

Re: Capital One Cup Final > Swansea City v Bradford City > 24th Feb Bradford aren't even a very good league two side, Christ knows how they have got this far we even beat them twice :lol, they have done very well to beat the teams they have thus far..fair bit of luck along the way (which you always need) but if Swansea can cope with the delivery from set pieces, which is what Villa couldn't do, I expect Swansea to win in a one off game at Wembley. 1.4 looks a steal to be honest, league two football is essentially a crap standard and there should be no comparison in quality, Bradford won't be able to keep the ball for any period of time, all L2 teams lack the technical quality to do this and they will rely on set pieces to get something, couple of quick wide players but nothing better than that. Might be tight for the first half but Swansea are a good side and after a couple of weeks off should win this by a couple at least. I'll be banking heavily on a Swansea victory.

Re: Capital One Cup Final > Swansea City v Bradford City > 24th Feb Backed Swansea for £250 a goal on the spreads giving 1.6 goals start which is my biggest bet on the footy. Think this will be a game too far for Bradford on a big wide open pitch and nerves may play a part. This is a 3 division gap yet the spread was the same for Liverpool v West Brom. two sides in the same division !! Total gulf in class that for me could be a cake walk as much huff and puff Bradford may show.

Re: Capital One Cup Final > Swansea City v Bradford City > 24th Feb 4pts Swansea to win to nil 11/8 Blue Square This final will be a refreshing change from the often boring finals of top teams cancelling each other out. While both will want to win this match I think we’ll see both having a go because they know they may never get back to this stage again. Bradford have been immensely good in this competition this season but I fear this could be one match too far for them. Swansea are masters at keeping the ball and the amount of pressing and running Bradford will have to do will take its toll on this big pitch unless they can get an early lead and defend it for their lives. Swansea are more solid at the back than any of the sides Bradford have played in the competition so far and I expect them to control this final from beginning to end and win without conceding. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bradford-vs-swansea-betting-swansea-can-control-the-capital-one-cup-final-against-spirited-bradford

Re: Capital One Cup Final > Swansea City v Bradford City > 24th Feb

4pts Swansea to win to nil 11/8 Blue Square This final will be a refreshing change from the often boring finals of top teams cancelling each other out. While both will want to win this match I think we’ll see both having a go because they know they may never get back to this stage again. Bradford have been immensely good in this competition this season but I fear this could be one match too far for them. Swansea are masters at keeping the ball and the amount of pressing and running Bradford will have to do will take its toll on this big pitch unless they can get an early lead and defend it for their lives. Swansea are more solid at the back than any of the sides Bradford have played in the competition so far and I expect them to control this final from beginning to end and win without conceding. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bradford-vs-swansea-betting-swansea-can-control-the-capital-one-cup-final-against-spirited-bradford
There were some stats to say Swansea have conceded more goals than any other team in the PL from set pieces. They said something similar about Villa and look what happened there. I expect us to lose 2-0, don't really go there with any expectations but I know our players can raise their game when needed, it's a shame they can't play at that level in the league. Matt Duke has been outstanding in this competition yet in the league he gets beat by any shot from outside the box and looks like he has holes in his gloves. Wells and Reid will be key players for us if both start and Reid would be really suited by the Wembley pitch, he is good with the ball at his feet and has pace to burn. Swansea will have loads of possession but so did Arsenal at Valley Parade so we'll have to defend in numbers for most of the game and get men behind the ball. I know Laudrup and Swansea will have given our team more respect than most on this forum have. Punters have written us off before a ball has been kicked yet Laudrup rests half his team the week before the game. To even make the final is an amazing achievement for our division 4 team. We are realistic enough to know that Swansea are a far superior side that will have the ball for most of the game and can hurt us with players like Michu and I really rate Williams in defence. I just hope we don't freeze and get walloped about 4-0, do ourselves proud win or lose and enjoy the day out at Wembley because I'll probably never be going back there in a cup final in my lifetime. Head says 2-0 Swansea, heart wants 1-0 Bradford from a set piece, Hanson to score, co-op to cup final. :)

Re: Capital One Cup Final > Swansea City v Bradford City > 24th Feb Swansea vs Bradford AH + 1.5 @ 1.68 Betfair I'm happy to take this in a one off unpredictable game despite the gap in quality between the two teams. All I keep hearing and seeing is about how Bradford's players will be nervous and are likely to be overawed by the occasion. But isn't this the team who have won their last 9 penalty shootouts and some in high pressure cup competition? Doesn't really show too many nerves there. Swansea are more likely to be under pressure than them. They should win comfortably right, against a team that low in the football league? Maybe, but more often than not football doesn't work like that. Swansea's porousness from set pieces has already been explained though they have improved this recently. Chico's absence will be a blow from these. Michu, for me, has gone off the boil recently and I don't like their other goalscorer options. Bradford have shown they can cope with slow tempo'd good passing teams and I don't buy them being affected by nerves more than Swansea. :hope

Bradford-Swansea AH-1.25 @1.79 7/10 Pinnacle Bradford amazingly reached the finale of the Carling Cup. They beat Arsenal and then Aston Villa over two legs. But they are having a really poor run in the league lately although their number one goal is the promotion. They have a 1-2-5 in their last 8 matches. They lost to Wimbledon at the weekend although being in front till the last 15 minutes. Striker Wells, who scored 14 goals in the league so far, is completely out of form and didn't score for a lot of matches. Swansea on the other hand play a very good season. They have several good players with Michu being their outstanding player of the season. Swansea play attractive and dominant football when they play at home. Away from home they play more defensively trying to get away with one point but they just do it against better teams. But Bradford is no way near their level. Swansea will play their domiant passing football and won't underestimate Bradford as Aston Villa and Arsenal did. Swansea rested most of their players against Liverpool. A victory will see them playing European footnall next season and they will win this finale without big problems. Bradford is just to weak even if they raise their game in this match as they did the rounds before. My tip 0-3 GL
easy one won

Bradford aren't even a very good league two side, Christ knows how they have got this far we even beat them twice :lol, they have done very well to beat the teams they have thus far..fair bit of luck along the way (which you always need) but if Swansea can cope with the delivery from set pieces, which is what Villa couldn't do, I expect Swansea to win in a one off game at Wembley. 1.4 looks a steal to be honest, league two football is essentially a crap standard and there should be no comparison in quality, Bradford won't be able to keep the ball for any period of time, all L2 teams lack the technical quality to do this and they will rely on set pieces to get something, couple of quick wide players but nothing better than that. Might be tight for the first half but Swansea are a good side and after a couple of weeks off should win this by a couple at least. I'll be banking heavily on a Swansea victory.
Well, doesn't get more comprehensive than that. One of the most one sided games I have ever seen other than games involving San Marino or Andorra, easy to think I should have played them on more handicaps I ended up doing -1AH and -1.25AH on Friday but I think the prices were continuing to rise up to kick off..Swansea are a class act and Bradford, unsurprisingly, never got anywhere near them.

Re: Capital One Cup Final > Swansea City v Bradford City > 24th Feb Completely froze on the big stage, dreadful performance on the day and a feeling of disappointment. We played better than that against Arsenal and Villa. Wrong line up from the start and the players were like rabbits caught in the headlights. My thoughts are here: http://mowgli77.wordpress.com/2013/02/26/bradford-city-v-swansea-city-capital-one-cup-final-sunday-24th-february-2013/

Completely froze on the big stage, dreadful performance on the day and a feeling of disappointment. We played better than that against Arsenal and Villa. Wrong line up from the start and the players were like rabbits caught in the headlights. My thoughts are here: http://mowgli77.wordpress.com/2013/02/26/bradford-city-v-swansea-city-capital-one-cup-final-sunday-24th-february-2013/
yeah very disappointing for you bantam fans after all the previous heroics like you say you froze on the day but at the start of the season what price would you have given for a final appearance at wembley and knocking out wigan,watford,arsenal and the vile along the way? as a neutrel it was a breath of fresh air watching bradford defy the odds and l cant see another second division team ever reaching a major final at wembley again so when the dust has settled it will be seen as an amazing achievement