Manchester United v Southampton > Jan 30th January

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester United v Southampton (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]17[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.55 % [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Manchester United v Southampton > Jan 30th January I don't expect Ferguson to field an experimental squad but a very strong team. Ferdinand and Vidic were both rested and I expect at least one of them to play. Full-backs should be Evra and Rafael. Central midfield is likely to consist of Carrick and Cleverley. Giggs did really well against Fulham andhe controlled the match, but he won't play two matches in such a short period. Up front we should see Rooney and van Persie although it is hard to drop Hernandez after he scored twice agsinst Fulham. Kagawa, Welbeck, Nani and Valencia could play on the wings but it is hard to see who of them will start. Southampton did raise their form and were unlucky not to have won against Everton last week. But they still cannot hold United's offense and I see 2-0 or 3-0 as the most likely outcome here.

Re: Manchester United v Southampton > Jan 30th January Manchester United-Southampton AH-1.5 @1.83 5/10 SBObet United have the big chance to grow the gap to Manchester City to 7 points by beating the Saints. United get better and better in form and they will not take this one lightly against an in-form Southampton. THe Saints welcome back their captain Lallana. New coach Pchettino said they won't park the bus but attack. THis could lead into a very nice and open match. With the Champions League coming up, Ferguson will want his side to pick up their form even further. They have definitely improved thier form so far but their is still way to do so. AS Ferguson did rotate quite well over the festive period and the match against Fulham, he will be able to field a very strong side. 4-1 my call with Fergie's men to use their chances. GL

Re: Manchester United v Southampton > Jan 30th January Fox and Hoodveld start.... Oh dear, oh dear. No centre-backs on the bench. Lallana on bench.... Doesn't look too hopeful and hoping to be proven wrong. Can't see a bet at the available odds. No result would surprise - no help to anyone!!

Re: Manchester United v Southampton > Jan 30th January

Manchester United-Southampton AH-1.5 @1.83 5/10 SBObet United have the big chance to grow the gap to Manchester City to 7 points by beating the Saints. United get better and better in form and they will not take this one lightly against an in-form Southampton. THe Saints welcome back their captain Lallana. New coach Pchettino said they won't park the bus but attack. THis could lead into a very nice and open match. With the Champions League coming up, Ferguson will want his side to pick up their form even further. They have definitely improved thier form so far but their is still way to do so. AS Ferguson did rotate quite well over the festive period and the match against Fulham, he will be able to field a very strong side. 4-1 my call with Fergie's men to use their chances. GL
2:1 bet lost very poor second half from the hosts

2:1 bet lost very poor second half from the hosts
Do u work for a newspaper? Heaven forbid it might be that we played well! Have a butchers at what Mr Ferguson said post match... Probable exaggeration but insisted we were the best team to visit Old Trafford this season. If we could keep all the leads we've had this season I reckon we'd be in the top 3!!!!! Next year!! ;)

Do u work for a newspaper? Heaven forbid it might be that we played well! Have a butchers at what Mr Ferguson said post match... Probable exaggeration but insisted we were the best team to visit Old Trafford this season. If we could keep all the leads we've had this season I reckon we'd be in the top 3!!!!! Next year!! ;)
??? I said the hosts (Manchester United) were very poor in the second half. This includs a strong second 45 minutes from Southampton

??? I said the hosts (Manchester United) were very poor in the second half. This includs a strong second 45 minutes from Southampton
NO worries - I'm just particularly jumpy when it comes to Man U and the location of the majority of their supporters!! Best of Luck for the rest of the season :ok

I think Saints have a possibility of scoring first on pld taford' date=' they are in good form and they are playing good football. Lallana is back for this game. My bet for this game is: [b']Man Utd from behind 7.00 bet365.
Like a boss! :ok

Re: Manchester United v Southampton > Jan 30th January Thanks, had to be out during game for some reason, and normally betting on them when behind at OT, so now need to make up that money later on some over 0.5 in dutch or spanish cup :) Yeah I know that's bad but it works.

NO worries - I'm just particularly jumpy when it comes to Man U and the location of the majority of their supporters!! Best of Luck for the rest of the season :ok
What about the location of Barcelona's supporters? And Madrid? And Juventus? All across Europe and Asia. Clearly, the majority of Manchester United fans are not going to be in Manchester, as if you do the math, it would be mathematically impossible for the majority to live in Manchester. So how many players on the Manchester United team are actually from Manchester? Football is a worldwide sport these days, it's as simple as that, and a person has the right to follow any team he wants, and has the right to express that right on this forum aswell. Southampton's squad last night, as you will see, not a single player is actually from Southampton, so your supporting an international team, that probably know nothing about Southampton's roots and heritage, and probably couldn't give a monkey's about the club either, just want their big cheque and to enjoy the sport. Boruc > Polish Clyne > London Yoshida > Japan Hooiveld > Holland Fox > Winsford Rodriguez > Burnley Cork > London Schneiderlin > France Ramirez > Uruguay Puncheon > Croydon Lambert > Liverpool

What about the location of Barcelona's supporters? And Madrid? And Juventus? All across Europe and Asia. Clearly, the majority of Manchester United fans are not going to be in Manchester, as if you do the math, it would be mathematically impossible for the majority to live in Manchester. So how many players on the Manchester United team are actually from Manchester? Football is a worldwide sport these days, it's as simple as that, and a person has the right to follow any team he wants, and has the right to express that right on this forum aswell. Southampton's squad last night, as you will see, not a single player is actually from Southampton, so your supporting an international team, that probably know nothing about Southampton's roots and heritage, and probably couldn't give a monkey's about the club either, just want their big cheque and to enjoy the sport. Boruc > Polish Clyne > London Yoshida > Japan Hooiveld > Holland Fox > Winsford Rodriguez > Burnley Cork > London Schneiderlin > France Ramirez > Uruguay Puncheon > Croydon Lambert > Liverpool
well said and to the saints lad if you have ever been to mcr you will know theres a hell of a lot more reds than blues

What about the location of Barcelona's supporters? And Madrid? And Juventus? All across Europe and Asia. Clearly, the majority of Manchester United fans are not going to be in Manchester, as if you do the math, it would be mathematically impossible for the majority to live in Manchester.
Well obviously - but you are making my point perfectly. I don't understand why it is that there are so many Man U supporters who come from all over the country and all over the world. Over the past 20 years they have been largely been the best team so I can only put it down to that. I know that when I was growing up (in Devon) there were about 80% Liverpool supporters all over and now there not so common place. I know some people that have jumped from Liverpool to Chelsea for goodness sake and they still expect me to take them seriously!
So how many players on the Manchester United team are actually from Manchester? Football is a worldwide sport these days, it's as simple as that, and a person has the right to follow any team he wants, and has the right to express that right on this forum aswell.
Don't know... Football is a Worldwide sport but that's not where it's routes are. I don't have to like the shambles it has become - the money has made the game a farce and imho (that presumably I am entitled to) Glory Hunting supporters magnify this problem and make it worse. Not just them, Sky TV, Rich owners from foreign countries etc etc. Why are you telling me someone has the right to express who they support on this forum?! Obviously!! Otherwise my name or RedDevil82 would not be permitted!!
Southampton's squad last night, as you will see, not a single player is actually from Southampton, so your supporting an international team, that probably know nothing about Southampton's roots and heritage, and probably couldn't give a monkey's about the club either, just want their big cheque and to enjoy the sport.
Agree with you! It's a disgrace. I'm embarrassed by our owner and the treatment of Nigel Adkins. I'm not sure what this has got to do with anything though? I think that over the years we have produced a fair share of players through our academy though - Bale, Shearer, Danny Wallace, Oxelaide-Chamberlain, Walcott, Shaw (I suspect he will ultimatly replace Evra) etc etc. I'm not sure what the argument here is to be honest. All I was pointing out is that myseld and Alex Ferguson thought Southampton played very well in the second half as opposed to Man Utd playing badly? As you point out (from Ireland) Red Devil (from Germany) can support whomever he wants! We agree don't we?! I've been to Old Trafford twice - in the ground too (away section). I'd wager that's more than most Man U fans have been - it is frustrating but I'm not disputing anyones right to follow the croud and the best team... What's the issue? Another thread Paul has to remove?! :lol

Re: Manchester United v Southampton > Jan 30th January Saint, you were basically implying that RedDevil jumped on the Man Utd bandwagon, simply because he is from Germany. Who cares if he is from Germany and supports Man Utd? 80% of United, Barcelona, Juventus, Arsenal's fanbase come from outside the UK. Arsenal haven't won a trohpy for years and there are as many Arsenal fans in Ireland as there is United. People in other countries throughout the years have appreciated the style of football that these teams play, It has nothing to do with success, yes some people are idiotic and change who they support now and again though, but that happens all over the UK, not just other countries. As a matter of fact, there are more Liverpool fans in Ireland than any other club in the world, and they haven't won a league for how long? My cousin spends thousands and thousands of quid every season going to Anfield, and is an annual season ticket holder. So he ain't a fan just because he is from the West of Ireland? You also have to remember there is a huge Irish base in these cities, as throughout the years from the 1960's onwards, there were a couple of hundred thousand Irish industrial workers in the UK, and the fact there is no real football as such in Ireland, they started following the clubs in these cities. Here in the west of ireland, there is a huge fanbase for Leeds fans. When have they ever won the league, and they are now in the championship? The big clubs would not be big clubs without foreign support these days, the revenue it generates for them is incredible. The game has evolved from the early days when it was the local lads playing for their local side, with son and daddy going off to the game every weekend. It is now a global sport, the same goes for the NFL, games are being played in London, and I don't see anybody complaining about that? All the players in the game are foreigners, ye should be more concerned about that. It could destroy the english game, and is starting to do so already. It will also have a big effect on England's international side, which seems to be weakening by the decade.

The game has evolved from the early days when it was the local Lads playing for their local side, with son and daddy going off to the game every weekend. It is now a global sport, the same goes for the NFL, games are being played in London, and I don't see anybody complaining about that?
And there in lies my gripe I guess - wasn't it better back in the day?! (& how old do I sound right now?!) Appreciate many readers will have only experienced Man U dominance. A very fair point you make about Irish Communities in different cities too - I really did not mean to imply that people cannot support whom they want - it just seems that there is at least some percentage of big club supporters who have basically been seduced by a bigger marketing budget and peer pressure when they were young! I love watching Barca play and some of Brazil's 80s teams were amazing to watch but I couldn't ever support them... I guess I just don't get the mentality but people are different and it'd be a fairly boring world if we weren't! From the Forums point of view, as well as me jumping on Red Devil for supporting Man U, I thought it was important to point out that Saints played well 2nd half as much as the Reds playing badly and that wasn't in his original post - I didn't want anyone to not take this into account for upcoming games and obviously wanted to defend my team whom I am passionate about. One thing I will say, is that despite us not always agreeing on everything all of the time and because I wish to maintain the right to call you a cock(!) if I think you are wrong/being a tit - I must congratulate you on a very well written and well thought out response!:ok Genuinnly appreciated. Best of Luck for the rest of the season - I don't think you'll need it personally - City's attitude seems to be all wrong to me this year. Bloody footballers!!!

Isn't it par for the course that anyone who supports a club they live no where near will get mocked :lol What about Spurs fans that live no where near London.... I think it's to be expected and you need to have a sense of humour if you live miles away from the club you "support" ... There's also a difference between being a fan of something, and supporting something. Often the two are confused, and treated as one and the same.

And there in lies my gripe I guess - wasn't it better back in the day?! (& how old do I sound right now?!) Appreciate many readers will have only experienced Man U dominance. A very fair point you make about Irish Communities in different cities too - I really did not mean to imply that people cannot support whom they want - it just seems that there is at least some percentage of big club supporters who have basically been seduced by a bigger marketing budget and peer pressure when they were young! I love watching Barca play and some of Brazil's 80s teams were amazing to watch but I couldn't ever support them... I guess I just don't get the mentality but people are different and it'd be a fairly boring world if we weren't! From the Forums point of view, as well as me jumping on Red Devil for supporting Man U, I thought it was important to point out that Saints played well 2nd half as much as the Reds playing badly and that wasn't in his original post - I didn't want anyone to not take this into account for upcoming games and obviously wanted to defend my team whom I am passionate about. One thing I will say, is that despite us not always agreeing on everything all of the time and because I wish to maintain the right to call you a cock(!) if I think you are wrong/being a tit - I must congratulate you on a very well written and well thought out response!:ok Genuinnly appreciated. Best of Luck for the rest of the season - I don't think you'll need it personally - City's attitude seems to be all wrong to me this year. Bloody footballers!!!
Mate, I follow Limerick Gaelic Footballers all my life, go to most of the games all over the country, and we haven't won a trophy since 1887 :lol I know what it feels like to support a **** team! By the way, Southampton were bloody fantastic the other night, and played United off the park in the second half, and I do agree saying United were poor was not the phrase to use, because they weren't allowed to play. Saints pressed very high up the pitch, work ethic was huge, and ye deserved a point at least.