Chelsea v Arsenal > Sun 20th January

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chelsea v Arsenal (13:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.95[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Chelsea v Arsenal > Sun 20th January Both teams are not that great at the moment. Chelsea haven't won at Stamford Bridge in their last 3 games, but Arsenal are poor as well and haven't won against top side this season. I am leaning towards a draw here, but at that odds I might take Arsenal +1 which is available at around 1.95.

Re: Chelsea v Arsenal > Sun 20th January 4pts D.Ba to score anytime Evs Coral Neither side really inspire me going into this match. Arsenal are perhaps a bit of value for the match but I don’t really like them at the minute. One bet I do like is Demba Ba to score anytime. He has begun his Chelsea career in excellent form and has already bagged goals against Arsenal this season when he was in a Newcastle shirt. Unlike Torres he has shown that if you give him a chance he’ll take it and I just don’t see this Arsenal defence keeping him quiet for 90 minutes. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chelsea-vs-arsenal-betting-demba-ba-can-feast-on-the-arsenal-defence-again

Re: Chelsea v Arsenal > Sun 20th January Ivanovich will come back into the Chelsea defence and possibly even Terry. So Im absolutely certain that David Luiz will play defensive midfield and that should make a big difference to Chelsea. Best to wait until the line ups are out especially regarding Arsenal but I would make Chelsea worth taking at 1.9. If Terry is fit then he will come into the middle with Ivanovic at RB otherwise Chelsea will probably line up with Cech, Azpelicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill, Cole, Luiz, Ramires, Hazard, Lampard, Mata, Ba. Alot depends on the Arsenal line up, Arteta is out and I understand their might be a doubt about Podolski

Re: Chelsea v Arsenal > Sun 20th January Under 2.5 @ 2.33 pinnacle After copping two goals in the second half to Southampton, knowing Benitez, then expect him to have his defence much more focused so as not to allow Arsenal to get through and score. With Terry likely to be back this should see Luiz pushing into the midfield and will be looking to nullify Cazorla there. With Ivanovic, Cole and Cahill, they look a much more solid group at t he back, and will need to be negate Walcott and Podolski. Arsenal's midfield are without Arteta so Wilshere and Diaby will look to then keep Lampard and Mata contained as both have been in good form. Chelsea have been very good on the road but at home, they have stuttered and maybe their own crowd, and the dislike they have for Benitez, is having a negative effect on their playing ability. Arsenal have been decent on the road of late, with two wins and three draws in their last five away games, but besides a 5-2 win at Reading, the other games have been low scoring and gone under. Both sides are pretty even and maybe Chelsea shades this but hard to take them with their current home form. Believe both sides cancel each other out here and doubt that there are many goals in this game 67-145 (-43.91)

Re: Chelsea v Arsenal > Sun 20th January Chelsea vs Arsenal – Draw 3.75 at Bet365 (2 units) I’m seeing plenty of value on the draw in both matches today, which are sure to be tight games. Chelsea are struggling a little with consistency at the moment, and this is beginning to become more of a problem at Stamford Bridge where the crowd are too eager to show frustrations when things don’t work. It’s not a great atmosphere there and plenty of teams in recent weeks have been able to go there and frustrate Chelsea, with the home side picking up just one win in eight games at home. They could do with Terry coming back to offer a bit of leadership but it’s still unclear as to whether he’ll make the first 11 for this one. Chelsea’s record against the big teams at the Bridge isn’t great this year either, they’ve drawn with Liverpool and City, and lost to United although they probably would have taken at least a point against them if they hadn’t had two men sent off. Arsenal are looking a better unit again in recent weeks, I was really impressed with their performance against Swansea in mid week, the second half was excellent, and they’ve shown signs of shoring up on the road as well with an unbeaten run of 5 games now. With Diaby back and Walcott and others tied down to new contracts there does seem to be a good atmosphere around the club and a confidence that they can push on in this second half of the season. They’ve done well on their travels against the bigger teams as well this year, beating Liverpool, drawing with City and going down to a narrow defeat against Utd. There maybe a little value on Arsenal as well, but not enough to steer me away from the draw. :hope

Re: Chelsea v Arsenal > Sun 20th January This seems like a very tough game to call. If pushed for an outcome - I would back Chelsea to win at home. This is for a couple of reasons... - Whilst we all know Chelsea's current home form is poor, historically it has been good even against the top teams - However, main reasoning is that Chelsea's poor home form has been against teams everyone expects them to beat. QPR put in a great defensive performance, but the fact was they were extremely defensive. Chelsea have been doing better away from home - when their front 4 can find more space. Arsenal will definately want to get something from this game - they will attack more than your QPR and Southampton at Stamford Bridge, and leave the like of Mata, Hazard etc with a lot more space than recent home games. This is just my opinion - my opinion however is also that it will be close - so low stakes on this one. 3 pts @ 19/20 (Paddy Power)

Re: Chelsea v Arsenal > Sun 20th January Benitez has been very conservative in the big games. Chelsea have not conceded a 1st half goal in 5 games (won 2 , drawn 3 nil-nil) Arsenal have been very slow starters this season away from home. They have won 2 games in the 1st half (reading 3-0 and Liverpool 1-0), drawn 6 and lost 3. Last away game for Arsenal was against Saints. Saints actually bossed the 2nd half and had a goal disallowed. Made Arsenal look very average. I think this Chelsea team will be a much tougher challenge. Benitez conservative approach v Arsenal tough to beat (draw plenty) adds up to a draw for me. Arsenal are the only team in the premier league that have not lost a 2nd half game. They have won 4 and drawn 7. Do like the draw/draw for HT and FT at 5-1 on bet365 for 3 units.

Re: Chelsea v Arsenal > Sun 20th January Hi lads new member here, anyway I've gone for a Chelsea win @19/20 with PP as for me they will have too much going forward for a poor Arsenal side. Arsenal still havent replaced RVP while Chelsea have landed an in form Demba Ba.....Very rare you get 19/20 on Chelsea at home so I snapped it up.

Re: Chelsea v Arsenal > Sun 20th January

This seems like a very tough game to call. If pushed for an outcome - I would back Chelsea to win at home. This is for a couple of reasons... - Whilst we all know Chelsea's current home form is poor, historically it has been good even against the top teams - However, main reasoning is that Chelsea's poor home form has been against teams everyone expects them to beat. QPR put in a great defensive performance, but the fact was they were extremely defensive. Chelsea have been doing better away from home - when their front 4 can find more space. Arsenal will definately want to get something from this game - they will attack more than your QPR and Southampton at Stamford Bridge, and leave the like of Mata, Hazard etc with a lot more space than recent home games. This is just my opinion - my opinion however is also that it will be close - so low stakes on this one. 3 pts @ 19/20 (Paddy Power)
Torres starts ahead of Ba - strange choice from Rafa IMO - we shall see!!

Hi lads new member here' date=' anyway I've gone for a Chelsea win @19/20 with PP as for me they will have too much going forward for a poor Arsenal side. Arsenal still havent replaced RVP while Chelsea have landed an in form Demba Ba.....Very rare you get 19/20 on Chelsea at home so I snapped it up.[/quote'] Welcome to PL! GL with the bet :ok

Re: Chelsea v Arsenal > Sun 20th January

Chelsea vs Arsenal – Draw 3.75 at Bet365 (2 units) I’m seeing plenty of value on the draw in both matches today, which are sure to be tight games. Chelsea are struggling a little with consistency at the moment, and this is beginning to become more of a problem at Stamford Bridge where the crowd are too eager to show frustrations when things don’t work. It’s not a great atmosphere there and plenty of teams in recent weeks have been able to go there and frustrate Chelsea, with the home side picking up just one win in eight games at home. They could do with Terry coming back to offer a bit of leadership but it’s still unclear as to whether he’ll make the first 11 for this one. Chelsea’s record against the big teams at the Bridge isn’t great this year either, they’ve drawn with Liverpool and City, and lost to United although they probably would have taken at least a point against them if they hadn’t had two men sent off. Arsenal are looking a better unit again in recent weeks, I was really impressed with their performance against Swansea in mid week, the second half was excellent, and they’ve shown signs of shoring up on the road as well with an unbeaten run of 5 games now. With Diaby back and Walcott and others tied down to new contracts there does seem to be a good atmosphere around the club and a confidence that they can push on in this second half of the season. They’ve done well on their travels against the bigger teams as well this year, beating Liverpool, drawing with City and going down to a narrow defeat against Utd. There maybe a little value on Arsenal as well, but not enough to steer me away from the draw. :hope
- 2 units Chelsea probably just about deserved to win this one, creating more chances throughout the game. However Arsenal were unlucky not to get a free kick in the build up to the first goal. Congrats to those that backed Chelsea.