Swansea City v Stoke City > Sat 19th January

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Swansea City v Stoke City (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.07 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Swansea City v Stoke City > Sat 19th January I am doing a paper trail of trying to back value draws at the moment, and this game certainly fits it. I'm not sure I'll back it with real money, but the stats point to value on the draw. A massive 50% of Stoke's league games have finished as a draw, whilst the same can be said for 41% of Swansea's games.

Re: Swansea City v Stoke City > Sat 19th January Stoke 0 (AH): 31/20 with Betvictor I expect Stoke will be champing at the bit to make amends for the humiliation of last week's Walters-gate. More than that, though, Swansea face this Stoke side in between 2 major cup games. I'm not looking at this just from a fatigue/rotation point of view but also with Swansea feeling like they have one foot in the League Cup final and just one disciplined performance should be enough to see them through to Wembley. Hoping Swansea will be a little distracted with the task at hand and struggle to get a win against a Stoke side motivated after last week's heavy defeat.

Re: Swansea City v Stoke City > Sat 19th January The team with the most amount of draws at home in the league faces the team with the most amount of draws away from home in the league. Stats say that chance of a draw here are good but I think I will no bet this game. Don't particularly like betting on draws or on unders, which I fancy this game could be....1-1 looks prime.

Re: Swansea City v Stoke City > Sat 19th January

The team with the most amount of draws at home in the league faces the team with the most amount of draws away from home in the league. Stats say that chance of a draw here are good but I think I will no bet this game. Don't particularly like betting on draws or on unders' date=' which I fancy this game could be....1-1 looks prime.[/quote'] I wouldnt be at all surprised at that scoreline. Finding this a hard one to call, I quite fancy Swansea was there is a massive draw risk. Will probably plump for the the 2-3 goals. Swansea rarely fail to score or keep clean sheets at home and Stoke have shown some defensive frailties recently, without a clean sheet in 4 games. The last 3 meetings between these teams have finished 2-0 to the home team. 2 or 3 goals 2.07 32red

Re: Swansea City v Stoke City > Sat 19th January Weather with snowfall gives heavy pitches. Should call for draws and unders but definitely an advantage for teams with many light-footed players. Like Swansea. Teams with high built passing like Swansea and teams which is is focused on contras may suffer hard. Heavy pitches makes heavy legs/fatigue players which would particularly affect teams with a close program. Like Swansea. Swansea to ensure fresh legs for the extremely important match against Chelsea. Hmmmm, looks like a X. Provided John Owngoal does not strive to be top scorer for Stoke… GL

Re: Swansea City v Stoke City > Sat 19th January Swansea-Stoke Draw @3.48 3/10 Pinnacle Both teams have drawn a lot of time this season. Swansea drew 9 times while half of all Premier League matches with Stoke were draws. 6 out of 11 home matches of Swansea were draws as well as 6 away matches of Stoke were draws. Swansea are likely to rotate the squad as they have 7 matches within 19 days. Next midweek they will host Chelsea for the second leg of the League Cup semi-final. If they get through they have big chances of playing in Europe next season. Both teams have a lot of draws on their accounts and I expect this one to be a boring match resulting in a 0-0 or 1-1 GL

I work in Swansea, so can put to bed the fears over the weather/snow - it'll be very cold, similar to everywhere this weekend but Swansea escaped relatively lightly with the snow. The only impact it may have is changing/adding some time to stoke's journey. Laudrup appears to be trying to maximise results in all comps and i'm not sure he'll rest lots of players for the Chelsea game. I'm expecting Newport born Tony pulis will have a slightly extra desire to come away from Wales with at least something. Walters has already made up from last weeks horror show with an extra time brace midweek against palace, with pulis having said he was ready to rest him. It's gonna be cold, both teams are in the midst of demanding schedules and both will look at this game as winnable with the right approach. I'm expecting 2 very well organised sides to cancel each other out and the under 2.5 goals at 1.75 looks to offer value here.

Re: Swansea City v Stoke City > Sat 19th January It’s not a matter of quantity but quality when it comes to rest of players imho. And Laudrup dont want to risk key players. That was his strategy when he achieved the sensational cupresults coaching Getafe. But of course he might change his mind. Btw. Swansea played very, very bad against Arsenal (result should have been 1-4/5). I have never seen that much missings of passes. And the players looked quite tired. Chelsea-influence? I expect kind of match like against Everton. Tactical and defensive with great focus on saving energy. Swansea is just one match from a historic finish – and a great celebration of the clubs founding. Anyway we might see Roland Lamah (m) from Osasuna.

Re: Swansea City v Stoke City > Sat 19th January Stoke have only scored 4 goals in their last 9 away games! Swansea have on the other hand scored 13 in their last 9 home games. They have also gone 5 league games without a loss. Stoke have only won once in their last seven league games! Given the others reasonings above regarding team changes and taking it easy with one eye on the cup for Swansea, I can see 0-0 or 1-0 Swansea. p

Re: Swansea City v Stoke City > Sat 19th January Swansea to edge this, Stoke have conceded 10 goals in their last 3 matches, with their defence looking unsettled, Huth particularly not looking assured and frequently resorting to fouls to stop opponents. Laudrup will surely have done his homework and noticed that vivacious and tricky players are too hot to be handled by Stoke's giant defenders. No disrespect to above posters but I don't think Swansea will be distracted by teir cup run, in fact players involved in many fronts are more motivated. Swansea win @ 2.15 Lad.

Re: Swansea City v Stoke City > Sat 19th January *Swansea WIN @ 23/20 VC* Stoke are going through a bad blip at the moment, they haven't been the same strong defensive we have been accustomed to, look ragged going forward, and I think Swansea should be odds-on for this match. Stoke got hockeyed 4-0 at home to Chelsea, which is normally one of the toughest away fixtures in the calender. Stoke have only won 1 of their last 20 away Premier League games, so a win bet on Stoke is out of the question here, in my opinion. Swansea score plenty, have been playing great football of late, Michu is on fire, and they should have enough to beat Stoke today.

Re: Swansea City v Stoke City > Sat 19th January Stoke +0.5AH 1.80 at BetVictor (3 units) Despite all the positives about Swansea and their style of play, there are not having the best of runs at the moment and tend to save the best performances for the bigger teams. They’ve just the one win in the last six games at the Liberty and whilst the football is entertaining, they are conceding a fair few goals and missing plenty up the other end too. I saw the last home game vs Villa and this was exactly the case, they needed so many opportunities in the opening half to score, got complacent and struggled against fairly straightforward long balls to Benteke when Villa got going in the second half. Stoke’s defence is much stronger so Swansea will get a lot fewer chances than Villa gave them, whilst they will get an even tougher ride in defence as Stoke have perfected the direct approach over the years. Stoke started the season a little sloppily but prior to the City and Chelsea game had looked a much more solid outfit again, and I can see Swansea struggling to break them down. :hope

Swansea to edge this, Stoke have conceded 10 goals in their last 3 matches, with their defence looking unsettled, Huth particularly not looking assured and frequently resorting to fouls to stop opponents. Laudrup will surely have done his homework and noticed that vivacious and tricky players are too hot to be handled by Stoke's giant defenders. No disrespect to above posters but I don't think Swansea will be distracted by teir cup run, in fact players involved in many fronts are more motivated. Swansea win @ 2.15 Lad.
I don't think its a matter of distraction. It's about unconsciously to eg pull just a fraction of a tackle in order not to risk an injury. It's about you give yourself 95-97% in situations where you would normally give 100 maybe 110%. Only to be sure to be available when the big match will be played.

Stoke 0 (AH): 31/20 with Betvictor I expect Stoke will be champing at the bit to make amends for the humiliation of last week's Walters-gate. More than that, though, Swansea face this Stoke side in between 2 major cup games. I'm not looking at this just from a fatigue/rotation point of view but also with Swansea feeling like they have one foot in the League Cup final and just one disciplined performance should be enough to see them through to Wembley. Hoping Swansea will be a little distracted with the task at hand and struggle to get a win against a Stoke side motivated after last week's heavy defeat.
Nowhere near :eyes

*Swansea WIN @ 23/20 VC* Stoke are going through a bad blip at the moment, they haven't been the same strong defensive we have been accustomed to, look ragged going forward, and I think Swansea should be odds-on for this match. Stoke got hockeyed 4-0 at home to Chelsea, which is normally one of the toughest away fixtures in the calender. Stoke have only won 1 of their last 20 away Premier League games, so a win bet on Stoke is out of the question here, in my opinion. Swansea score plenty, have been playing great football of late, Michu is on fire, and they should have enough to beat Stoke today.
:beer

Swansea-Stoke Draw @3.48 3/10 Pinnacle Both teams have drawn a lot of time this season. Swansea drew 9 times while half of all Premier League matches with Stoke were draws. 6 out of 11 home matches of Swansea were draws as well as 6 away matches of Stoke were draws. Swansea are likely to rotate the squad as they have 7 matches within 19 days. Next midweek they will host Chelsea for the second leg of the League Cup semi-final. If they get through they have big chances of playing in Europe next season. Both teams have a lot of draws on their accounts and I expect this one to be a boring match resulting in a 0-0 or 1-1 GL
3:1 bet lost

Stoke +0.5AH 1.80 at BetVictor (3 units) Despite all the positives about Swansea and their style of play, there are not having the best of runs at the moment and tend to save the best performances for the bigger teams. They’ve just the one win in the last six games at the Liberty and whilst the football is entertaining, they are conceding a fair few goals and missing plenty up the other end too. I saw the last home game vs Villa and this was exactly the case, they needed so many opportunities in the opening half to score, got complacent and struggled against fairly straightforward long balls to Benteke when Villa got going in the second half. Stoke’s defence is much stronger so Swansea will get a lot fewer chances than Villa gave them, whilst they will get an even tougher ride in defence as Stoke have perfected the direct approach over the years. Stoke started the season a little sloppily but prior to the City and Chelsea game had looked a much more solid outfit again, and I can see Swansea struggling to break them down. :hope
Yeah poor show by Stoke, apparently they were making plenty of defensive mistakes again today. - 3 units. Well done aidymac, at least we got one winner in here.