Golf 2013

best mate

Looking at all my bets over the last 2 years, it’s golf where I’ve made most profits. I did well enough in the 2012 golf competition which only allowed 3 picks per weekend. However, I normally pick 5 each way for each tournament. All to 1pt each way. Most will be at the top end of the market and picks are based on recent form, course form, class, record in windy conditions, general stats, proven winners rather than rookies and a hell of a lot of reading each week. Normally get a tournament down to about 10 players initially, then make judgement calls. Here we go for week 1. 10 points invested. Hyundai Tournament of Champions 4th to 7th January 2013 Restricted field of 32 runners, so bookmakers only paying out on the top 4, 1/4 odds Dustin Johnson 12/1 gen Webb Simpson 14/1 gen Keegan Bradley 14/1 gen Ryan Moore 20/1 gen Carl Pettersson 22/1 gen

Re: Golf 2013 Well the class mostly saw out what was really a bit if a farce of a tournament but at least we are up and running with Dustin Johnson winning and Keegan Bradley joint 4th. I make that 11 points profit on the week, though what a long golfing week it was. The close proximity to this finishing and the Sony event starting tomorrow will have an effect and slightly scuppers thoughts on how to proceed. Let's hope the weather is fairer to us although we are still in the pacific this weekend.

Re: Golf 2013 Volvo Golf Champions 10th to 13th January 2013 Another restricted event so only 4 places, all 1pt e/w Louis Oosthuizen, 5/1 Lads, Stan James Ernie Els, 7/1 gen Henrik Stenson, 12/1 gen Francesco Molinari, 16/1 Stan James Jamie Donaldson, 28/1 gen

Re: Golf 2013 Louis Oosthuizen winning and both Tim Clark, 2nd, and Charles Howell 111, 3rd, were our returns this week. 3 pt profit in Hawaii from the places but a 1.75 loss in South Africa as Oosthuizen was only 5/1 and we could have done with one of the others grabbing a place. Still, overall, that's a 1.25 pt profit to add to last week's 11.

Re: Golf 2013 Justin Rose in Dubai was our only payback this week and while his joint second minimised losses in Abu Dhabi, over on the US tour we had a blank, with Jimmy Walker only showing occasionally before finally drifting back to jt 23rd in the end, 6 off the lead. I make that minus 13 on the week. That's got rid of the opening two week's profits alas but golf betting really is a rollercoaster and not for the faint hearted. At -.75 now. This week we'll have the Qatar Masters on the Euro Tour with the Farmer Insurance Open stateside.

Re: Golf 2013 A weekend of nearlys. In Qatar both our picks Garcia and Coetzee looked like they were going for a play off and we were facing a monster payout, only to have our hopes scuppered when Chris Wood mugged them on the 18th. Two joint seconds instead and only a half point profit. Farmers Insurance Open. Tiger turned up and made it a bit of a non event in the end. One of our picks, Rickie Fowler, had a good last round but frustratingly ended up just out of the places, tied 6th. 10 points lost there. Running total -9.75

Re: Golf 2013 Just the two places this week. My it's tough this golf tipping. Small profit of 1.25 points as Ryan Palmer scraped into a clear 5th with a strong final round, a 62 no less. Thanks Ryan. Earlier in the day Thorbjorn Olesen gave us a joint 4th. I make that a 3.5 pt loss on the Euro but a 4.75 profit on the US Tour. Overall, -8.50.

Re: Golf 2013 Good weekend with Richard Sterne winning and Charl Schwartzel coming home second in and George Coetzee joint 3rd of 5. That's a profit of 16.75 from this week's Euro tour. Over in the PGA, we could only grab also a share of jt 3rd, of 5, with Jimmy Walker but at 40/1, a 1pt profit on the event. So, 17.75 points profit this week. Overall +9.25

Re: Golf 2013

Good weekend with Richard Sterne winning and Charl Schwartzel coming home second in and George Coetzee joint 3rd of 5. That's a profit of 16.75 from this week's Euro tour. Over in the PGA, we could only grab also a share of jt 3rd, of 5, with Jimmy Walker but at 40/1, a 1pt profit on the event. So, 17.75 points profit this week. Overall +9.25
Well done mate, will follow with interest.

Re: Golf 2013 Bill Haas squandered a 3 shot overnight lead on the final day with a bogie fest to put paid to our strong showing with him up to Saturday. His jt 3rd in the end and Jaco Van Zyl's jt 2nd in South Africa means a return in both events but a small lost in both, 1.5 down in the states and 5.5 from the Euro. 2.25 points now ahead.

Re: Golf 2013 By total contrast the Honda Classic has the first real quality field we've seen the US this year. I'm going with 6, all 1pt each way. Justin Rose, 12/1 gen Lee Westwood , 25/1 gen Freddie Jacobson, 28/1 Betfred, Boylesports, Coral, Bet Victor Graeme McDowell, 30/1 Stan James, Coral Keegan Bradley, 35/1 Bet 365 Rickie Fowler , 35/1 Boylesports