Wigan Athletic v Manchester United > Tue 1st January

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wigan Athletic v Manchester United (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.54[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.86 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Wigan Athletic v Manchester United > Tue 1st January WIGAN at home have simply defended shockingly. 10 home games and 2 goals conceded 8 times. Not 1 clean sheet. United continue to bomb in the goals, 'you score 1 we score 2 attitude' Difficult to find value here. The biggest problem is that Fergie is screwing with the punter BIG-TIME by chopping and changing his line-ups. Got to wait for team news on this. With a 3 or 4 man change for United I am leaning towards a half time draw and United win at 10/3 on bet365 Neil.

Re: Wigan Athletic v Manchester United > Tue 1st January I personally have a bad feeling about this game, as a United fan. I think the performance against West Brom was abysmal, although it was much improved defensively. The midfield was made a show of by Brunt and co, and only for some brilliant defending and a bit if luck, United would have been lucky to get a draw. The Baggies were the better side, so I definately worry for United travelling to wigan, who will be on a high, and look a big price at around 11/2, in my opinion.

Re: Wigan Athletic v Manchester United > Tue 1st January

I personally have a bad feeling about this game' date=' as a United fan. I think the performance against West Brom was abysmal, although it was much improved defensively. The midfield was made a show of by Brunt and co, and only for some brilliant defending and a bit if luck, United would have been lucky to get a draw. The Baggies were the better side, so I definately worry for United travelling to wigan, who will be on a high, and look a big price at around 11/2, in my opinion.[/quote'] I also see this as a possible slip up for MUFC and agree the performance against WBA was rubbish. That heavily-depleted WBA side (with horrible Rosenberg at CAM) dominated the second half and without the RVP late goal would only have lost by an own goal. But I will say, to ManU's credit, they were without their primary attackers and what was with the pitch!?! It was a mud pit. Given that, the short prep time, and the Rooney injury, I see a tight one for ManU, but (as usual) probably a win. IMO Wigan have proven themselves capable against far superior sides and don't roll over. With just a bit more quality (and less injuries) I could see them in top 10. ManU WIN @ ~1.65 to me represents some value if only because they simply put out wins like its nothing.

now bring anderson back and play carrick alongside with van persie and hernandez upfront im ready to back them.play scholes giggs and welbeck Im off.
HAHAHA, I completely agree. Also, Anderson is hurt, so not an option. RVP and Chicharito upfront plus the usual suspects should spell ManU win, but of course, nothing is certain.

Re: Wigan Athletic v Manchester United > Tue 1st January I really don't mind Welbeck and Cleverly. They are young and raw, but quick and energetic. They bring in energy and pace and I have no problem with it. Fergie just can't afford to play Giggs and Scholes in the midfield together. Plenty of skill and experience but the game just by-passes them (see the Newcastle game) as the legs are gone. Van Persie will start (having been rested for WBA). Personally would like to see 4 4 2 with Hernandez and van Persie upfront. Vidic already makes a huge difference, winning 2 or 3 crucial headed battles at vital times in the game. The 6-yard box vulnerability is gone when he is there. He understands that space, and how to defend it ! Wigan have been poor defensively all season. To expect them to hold United to nil, after failing to achieve a clean sheet (against much lesser teams) all season, is unrealistic. They have been blanked in 2 of their last 3 at home (Arsenal and Man City). Can't see them keeping a cleansheet against United ....

Re: Wigan Athletic v Manchester United > Tue 1st January Under 2.5 @ 2.37 sportsbet Wigan have had problems scoring goals all season, as they have not scored in 6 of their last 11 EPL games including 2 of their last 3 home games, where they lost 1-0 to Arsenal and 2-0 to Man City. They also lost 2-0 to Chelsea, so they have gone under against 3 of the better teams at home. Another top club comes to the north west and expect them to put up a good showing, as they normally do so against the better teams. Man Utd will look to continue on from their first clean sheet in 5 games, and tend to keep clean sheets against Wigan, as they have allowed them to score in just 3 of their last 12 meetings. While Man Utd are expected to win comfortably, they have drawn 1-1 at Swansea, won 4-3 at Reading and lost 1-0 at Norwich, so they have had some problems with teams in the bottom half of the draw, as complacency may have been a factor in these results. Like Wigan to keep this close, and while Man Utd should end up winning, doubt that they will put up a few goals here

Re: Wigan Athletic v Manchester United > Tue 1st January Line-ups are released, and I think this will turn out to be a very open game. I expected Martinez to change his team's set-up and pick a more defensive line-up, but he has not done so. He uses once again all among Di Santo, Kone and Maloney. Man United will be very dangerous on the right flank as both Young and Rafael are playing. Against them for most the time should be Baseojur, who in my opinion, is not capable enough defensively to prevent danger. United, on the other hand, have dropped Vidic, who brought stability against WBA. Instead, they play Evans, who is often a huge liability. Up-front, they got RVP and Hernandez, which is the best choice at the moment, given Rooney injury. Only issue here with the "overs" is that Valencia is dropped and Giggs will play instead, but anyway, Valencia does not seem efficient in the last games. Asian Goal-line: Over 3 @ 2,10 (bet 365)

Line-ups are released, and I think this will turn out to be a very open game. I expected Martinez to change his team's set-up and pick a more defensive line-up, but he has not done so. He uses once again all among Di Santo, Kone and Maloney. Man United will be very dangerous on the right flank as both Young and Rafael are playing. Against them for most the time should be Baseojur, who in my opinion, is not capable enough defensively to prevent danger. United, on the other hand, have dropped Vidic, who brought stability against WBA. Instead, they play Evans, who is often a huge liability. Up-front, they got RVP and Hernandez, which is the best choice at the moment, given Rooney injury. Only issue here with the "overs" is that Valencia is dropped and Giggs will play instead, but anyway, Valencia does not seem efficient in the last games. Asian Goal-line: Over 3 @ 2,10 (bet 365)
Wigan - Man United 0-4 FT :ok I was expecting more contribution from Wigan, but United were all over them!

Man Utd DNB 1.35 @ William Hill I know United havn't been great lately, but 1.35 for DNB is good value imo, all the other bookies are offering prices in the 1.22-1.28 range.
I know the game has been played and its in hindsight but taking a draw no bet on a favourite is such poor value. I personally wouldn't advise it :ok mainly because you're giving up half your winning to the bookmaker, and the straight win price is already as short as it can be due to the favourites tag. Also if you're not confident in a short price favourite winning and need the draw cover don't bet :) it's a classic sign of an addiction to gambling IMO.

Also if you're not confident in a short price favourite winning and need the draw cover don't bet :)
Jase, I don't quite agree with this statement. The usual pattern of a game between an underdog and top team is the underdog parking the bus, creating little up-front and hoping to get the draw, while the favorite is the one doing all the attacking. In this case, draw no bet is a decent protection in case the top team starts slowly and misses too many chances. Typical example in this context is Juventus away from home to lesser teams. They have something like 0 losses away in Serie A for the last several seasons. It is extremely difficult to get them beaten. Nevertheless, they have sometimes troubles breaking down defenses and they do miss plenty of chances, so they have quite a few draws in these games. The usual price for Juve away win is around 1.60 (mainly because of the draws they get), while the draw-no-bet is around 1.25. You can make the calculations yourself to see whether backing Juventus away at "DNB" is a winning strategy or not. I am telling you - it IS a very winning and profitable one!

I know the game has been played and its in hindsight but taking a draw no bet on a favourite is such poor value. I personally wouldn't advise it :ok mainly because you're giving up half your winning to the bookmaker' date=' and the straight win price is already as short as it can be due to the favourites tag. Also if you're not confident in a short price favourite winning and need the draw cover don't bet :) it's a classic sign of an addiction to gambling IMO.[/quote'] I feared an in-form Wigan stepping up against a big brother + united finally effing up and ending with a draw. Expected Utd DNB to be around 1.25, when i saw 1.35 seemed like a nice low-risk bet. I vary constantly between DNB and straight win, no real system, just gut feeling. Had united on straight wins against NUFC and WBA and on Swindon today, but took Man Utd and Arsenal DNB today, Chelsea DNB against Everton+inplay straight win. Missed some profit, but avoided a loss so i guess things will even out. A three month break from betting, two-week winning streak and christmas vacation has definetly given me a bit of an addiction.