December 27 - January 6

Back A.Murray/J.Tipsarevic - Over 2.5 sets for a 1/10 stake at 2.62 with Paddy Power Good price I would say. The H2H is - perhaps surprisingly - pretty tight at 5-4 for Murray and there have been many tough matches between the two, so perhaps neither guy will be able to win in straight sets this time around as well. Tipsarevic should certainly not be good enough to do that, while Murray still usually doesn't get his focus completely right in matches that are not that important - all in all, one definitely wouldn't be surprised by seeing this one go to the decider. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murray-vs-tipsarevic-betting-three-sets-might-be-on-the-cards-in-the-opening-match Back Tomas Berdych to beat David Ferrer for a 1/10 stake at 2.50 with William Hill Ferrer deserves to be the favourite, but I have seen Berdych's preparation in the off-season and he is not completely without any match rhythm, which is something that can do him a lot of good on Thursday. He surely has enough firepower in his game to beat Ferrer, he will only need to find his range early on. Would have Berdych only around 2.20 in this kind of match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/berdych-vs-ferrer-betting-tomas-berdych-looks-value-in-his-opening-match-of-the-season

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: December 27 - January 6 Back Janko Tipsarevic to beat Nicolas Almagro for a 2/10 stake at 1.50 with Paddy Power Just this one for today. Nicolas Almagro probably could not get much preparation ahead of this event, so it is hard to say in what form he might turn out today. Tipsarevic had a good day yesterday and I fancy him to get the job done in the end today, he is the better player on hard courts as well. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/tipsarevic-vs-almagro-betting-janko-tipsarevic-can-get-to-the-finals-in-abu-dhabi

Re: December 27 - January 6 Anderson to win against Verdasco and Haas to win against Tomic? I think both are worthy of a great double bet! Anderson ended the year in a good form, while Verdasco is just a good player on clay. Haas proved he can have too much for these youngsters that are very inconsistent, such as Tomic. Other opinions?

Re: December 27 - January 6 sportxtipster: I think you are right with your assumptions, although I would not want to back Anderson at the price that is on offer straight away. The only thing that I know for sure is that I will be staying up late to see how it goes and perhaps have a nibble at the live markets.

Re: December 27 - January 6 Back Simon Greul to beat Ivo Minar for a 3/10 stake at 1.73 with Paddy Power Would have Greul at around 1.50 here, so good enough price for me. Minar has not won a match for god knows how long and, when watching him play, one always has the feeling that he can break apart at any given moment. Greul, on the other hand, had a good finish to the season and looks like the much more sturdier player of the two, so I would expect to him a decent edge in this match-up Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/greul-vs-minar-betting-simon-greul-to-beat-ivo-minar-in-brisbane

Re: December 27 - January 6 ATP Brisbane - Matt Reid to beat Bastian Knittel @ 5/6 BET 365 Strength (7/10) Nice price here on the Aussie Reid in his home country. He's fairly mediocre but young and at this stage of the season will be looking to impress. Last year he played well to beat Andreev here and the week after he pushed Istomin very close so he's a player that plays above his ranking a bit on home soil. He'll be confident of beating the journyman Knittel, who was in very average form at the end of last season and will not have the same motivation to make an impression as his young opponent. :hope

Re: December 27 - January 6 Nick Kyrgios to beat James Duckworth. 3.55 @ Bwin Kyrgios is a very talented young Australian of whom big things are expected. He is currently ranked #4 in the juniors and had a good run in the wildcard playoff, beating Sam Groth and he should have beaten Matt Barton before cramp set in at the end of the 5th set. He showed plenty of potential and that run will have given him plenty of confidence. James Duckworth had an excellent start to 2012, beating the likes of Nicolas Mahut and Jurgen Zopp, and taking a set of Tipsarevic at the Australian Open. However, his season stuttered from there with a niggling injury, and a defeat before Xmas to the #396 ranked Australian, Alex Bolt, suggests there is still plenty of work to be done. Duckworth is rightly the favourite, but I think Kyrgios is being underrated by the bookmakers and he has a chance to cause the upset. As ever at the start of the season, small stakes. Berankis to beat Meffert x Millman to beat Saville. 2.35 @ Bet365 Ricardas Berankis has been hampered by injury throughout his career, but has shown glimpses of his quality. A finalist in Los Angeles and quarter-finals in St Petersburg and Stockholm on the ATP tour show that he has the talent, but he needs to find greater consistency. Dominik Meffert is a bit of a journeyman, although he finished 2012 well. However, he does not play a great deal on hard courts, with only 2 main draw challenger wins last year and Berankis should be a little too good for him. John Millman is a solid player, who reached the later stages of a couple of hard court challengers last year, as well as winning a Futures title in Australia. Injuries have hampered his career somewhat, but he looks to be on his way up. Luke Saville is a very talented young player and won a couple of Futures titles last year. However, he is yet to make a mark at Challenger level or higher, and lost to Millman late last year. He has a promising future, but Millman should be slightly too good...

Re: December 27 - January 6 Here go the outrights, will come back with some match picks later. Back Gilles Simon to win ATP Brisbane for a 1/10 stake at 13.00 with Stan James Gilles Simon was really good in the small pre-Australian Open tournaments in 2011 and 2012, so can definitely see him repeating that performance for the third year in a row, especially with this kind of a draw. It should really come down to him and Raonic in the semi-final, so I do like this price, even though I know that he has had his fair share of struggles late last year. The price is just too good to ignore for a player of his talent in my opinion. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-brisbane-betting-gilles-simon-can-get-quite-far-in-australia-once-again Back Angelique Kerber to win WTA Brisbane for a 1/10 stake at 15.00 with Stan James The WTA part of Brisbane is packed with stars, but most of them are in the first half with the second half being a bit more open. Maria Sharapova has had some health issues lately, so the price for her winning is way too short and it might therefore be worth backing either Kerber or Kvitova. Going with the higher price is the logical option, especially since Kvitova has the tougher draw earlier on and has been the worse of the two at the end of 2012. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-brisbane-betting-angelique-kerber-might-start-the-year-on-a-good-note-in-brisbane

Re: December 27 - January 6 Back B.Bobuscic/K.Pliskova - Over 20.5 games for a 3/10 stake at 1.90 with Bet365 Two big hitting youngsters, neither with too much consistency, so can definitely see this going overs more often than not. Bobuscic seems to be playing well at home and has already managed to upset two favorites here, so she should be able to hang in there long enough for this bet to come in. Pliskova is much more talented than the Australian, but she is not quite there yet in terms of mental power and she should not be able to crush the determined home player here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bobuscic-vs-pliskova-betting-the-two-big-hitters-should-be-able-to-cover-the-total-games-line-today- Back Jarmila Gajdosova to beat Roberta Vinci for a 1/10 stake at 4.50 with William Hill Back Jarmila Gajdosova (+1.5 sets) to beat Roberta Vinci for a 2/10 stake at 2.25 with Unibet Plenty of risk here, but where else should Gajdosova start fighting back than at home against a player that she has already beaten three times before? Gajdosova had a dreadful season last year, but she was working hard in the off-season and changed her coach, so there is a lot that suggests that she might be able to produce a fighting performance today. If her big hitting works, she will give Vinci a good game, that is for sure. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/gajdosova-vs-vinci-betting-jarmila-gajdosova-looks-value-to-get-rid-of-her-demons-in-brisbane

Re: December 27 - January 6

Nick Kyrgios to beat James Duckworth. 3.55 @ Bwin :( Berankis to beat Meffert x Millman to beat Saville. 2.35 @ Bet365 :ok
Berankis and Millman both came through comfortably enough in straight sets, but unfortunately Kyrgios was unable to make it a double. Couple for tonight: Donald Young to beat Mischa Zverev. 1.9 @ Marathon Both these players have been up inside the top 50, and both players currently find themselves outside the top 150. Donald Young had a horror year in 2012, struggling to win a match for most of the year. He showed that he has some talent with a good run in 2011, and he will be hoping that he has sorted himself out over the break. He beat Olivier Rochus without too many problems in the last round, which augurs well. Mischa Zverev burst onto the scene a couple of years ago, but has struggled to live up to that early potential. He had a couple of impressive runs in Challengers in late 2012 and cruised past Ryan Sweeting in the first round of qualifying here, suggesting that he has carried that form into the new season. I might be crazy in backing Donald Young after his performances in 2012, but I feel that he is the better player and he should have sorted himself out over the off-season... Di Wu to beat Ivo Minar. 1.73 @ Stan James Di Wu will be looking for a good performance here as he prepares to become the first male Chinese player to play in a Grand Slam main draw. He won a wildcard place with some impressive wins late last year and he played well to beat Tim Smyczek in the first round of qualifying here. He is at home on the hard courts and has been working hard with his new French coach over the off-season. Ivo Minar had a poor 2012, but beat Simon Greul in three sets in the first round here. He didn't play a single main draw match on hard courts in 2012, and barely even played a challenger match, and he is certainly not at home on the surface. Greul is very much a clay-courter, so I would not read too much into that result. I fancy the Chinese player to come through here. He is more comfortable on the surface and has the motivation of the Australian Open to drive him on...

Re: December 27 - January 6

Here go the outrights, will come back with some match picks later. Back Gilles Simon to win ATP Brisbane for a 1/10 stake at 13.00 with Stan James Back Angelique Kerber to win WTA Brisbane for a 1/10 stake at 15.00 with Stan James
Went for Simon myself,Decided on Sharapova in the WTA though.You're right about her price,But I was convinced by her H2H with each likely opponent up until Serena(Who will most likely win anyway).Hopefully the injury isn't an issue,I would've expected her to pull out if there was any possibility she would re-aggravate it before the Open.

Re: December 27 - January 6 Two more outrights for this week and two match bets for today. Back Benoit Paire to win ATP Chennai for a 1/10 stake at 34.00 with Ladbrokes Great price for one of the most talented lads around. He has so much talent that he will get far in one of these tournaments and the surface should serve him well here, so perhaps this might be the time for him to rise and shine. Easy enough draw early on as well and has what it takes to beat Cilic and get at least to the semis in Chennai. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/atp-chennai-betting-benoit-paire-looks-value-to-impress-over-in-india Back Yanina Wickmayer to win WTA Auckland for a 1/10 stake at 21.00 with Bet365 Wickmayer loves this tournament, so the return to the familiar surroundings should give her a boost and she has enough talent to get far in Auckland once again. The draw will open up for her after the first round, so hopefully she can get past Rybarikova and soldier on from there. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wta-auckland-betting-the-return-to-familiar-surroundings-can-get-wickmayer-back-on-track Back Yuki Bhambri to beat Robin Haase for a 2/10 stake at 3.74 with Pinnacle Right, Haase as a big favourite - that is rarely right and we all know that. Bhambri is a talented Indian youngster that has managed to do quite a lot for someone like him in 2012 and I do expect him to produce a good performance in home conditions. Last year, he managed to beat Karol Beck here, so another upset might easily be on the cards for him. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bhambri-vs-haase-betting-yuki-bhambri-can-enjoy-the-home-conditions-in-chennai Back Santiago Giraldo to beat Florian Mayer for a 2/10 stake at 3.09 with Pinnacle Mayer was awful at the end of 2012, so it remains to be seen what form is he going to produce right here right now. Certainly would not make him such a big fav against a guy that has a solid baseline game and plenty of vicious shots in his arsenal. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/giraldo-vs-mayer-betting-santiago-giraldo-has-what-it-takes-to-defeat-florian-mayer

Re: December 27 - January 6 Gents, worth bearing in mind that Soeda played well in Chennai last time out. He made the semi-finals, so the courts in India evidently suit his game too. His match with Donskoy is quite tough to get a handle on, considering the Russian ended last season well, but more of his better performance came indoors, where he tends to play his most effective tennis. He's not done a great deal on the main Tour either; he's more proficient on the Challenger circuit. No H2H info, so no clues there either ... whatever you go for, factor all of the above into your equations.

Re: December 27 - January 6 Taking Paire from your picks CzechPunter.I don't know much about the guy but the field looks quite weak,The prices have literally changed as I'm typing this.Best price on the market now looks to be 21,So kudos to you on that one. I took Wickmayer on myself yesterday,But I split her stake with a speculative punt on Kusnetzova,Not the best idea I've had...

Re: December 27 - January 6 Back Pablo Andujar to beat Lukas Rosol for a 2/10 stake at 3.27 with Pinnacle Would not want to back someone like Rosol at such a short price. The surface in Doha is not that quick, so the match should be decided in rallies - and that is where Andujar has the edge in all honesty. He has a 2-0 H2H record against the Czech and is the better player of the two overall in my opinion, so this looks like a cracking price for the Spaniard to win. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/andujar-vs-rosol-betting-pablo-andujar-looks-value-against-lukas-rosol-in-doha Back Radek Stepanek to beat Lleyton Hewitt for a 2/10 stake at 2.20 with Pinnacle Well, both guys love playing in Australia, with Stepanek winning the event a few years ago and making it quite far in recent years as well, so I would not say that the home advantage will be the decisive factor in this match. And, without it, Stepanek would certainly be a decent favourite. He might be the older guy of the two, but he has also been the better player of the two in recent years. A few months ago, the Czech crushed Hewitt in Shanghai - and I would not be surprised by a repeat of that result. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stepanek-vs-hewitt-betting-radek-stepanek-to-win-the-battle-of-veterans-in-brisbane

Re: December 27 - January 6 Back Kiki Bertens to beat Heather Watson for a 2/10 stake at 2.37 with Bet365 Back Kiki Bertens to beat Heather Watson 2-0 for a 1/10 stake at 4.20 with William Hill Would have the odds the other way around in all honesty. I think that Bertens is the more talented player of the two, even given how much progress Watson has made in recent months. She just seems much more solid whenever I see her play and I think that she might be able to win this match and perhaps even win it well. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bertens-vs-watson-betting-kiki-bertens-should-have-the-edge-against-heather-watson Back Jamie Hampton to beat Marina Erakovic for a 3/10 stake at 1.83 with Ladbrokes Marina Erakovic has been really average in recent times, so I fully expect Hampton to show how talented she really is and walk away with the victory at the end of the day. Shot for shot, she is the better player of the two in my opinion and her first round win was really impressive. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hampton-vs-erakovic-betting-jamie-hampton-can-go-one-round-further-in-auckland

Re: December 27 - January 6 Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I am looking forward to contributing. I have been reading the forum for a couple of weeks, and I enjoy what many of you have to offer. I have three Tennis plays for you tonight. I am coming off a solid 2012, with a return on investment turnover of 118%, and an $11,000 overall profit. ATP Brisbane Jarkko Nieminen v Aleksandr Dolgopolov Pick: Nieminen +3.0 games handicap Odds: $1.93 Agency: Betstar Stake: 3 units Analysis: Dolgopolov is ranked 18th in the world, compared to Nieminen's ranking of 41st. This is represented in the odds, with bookmakers making Dolgopolov a three game favourite. Nieminen has won the only two previous encounters, in 2011 (6-3, 1-6, 6-4) and in 2010 (6-3, 6-2). While both of those were on clay, Nieminen has shown he can play well on hard court, with a 132-115 career record (Dolgopolov went 21-14 last year). Nieminen comes into this match having won seven of his past eight matches, and he has covered the +3.0 line in eight of his past ten matches. Dolgopolov on the other hand has lost four of his past eight matches, including his previous two matches, two of those four losses to players who were ranked outside the world's top sixty. Nieminen looked in good form yesterday, dispatching of world number 35 Julien Benneteau in three sets. Summary: These players appear fairly evenly matched, so we believe a +3.0 games handicap for Nieminen is good value. He has every chance to win, and is especially a good chance to take the match to at least three sets. Even a scoreline loss of 7-6, 7-6 will be good enough for a winner here, while a loss 7-6, 6-4 will result in money back. ATP Doha Nikolay Davydenko v Mikhail Youzhny Pick: Nikolay Davydenko to win Odds: $1.90 Agency: Sportingbet & Centrebet Stake: 3 units Analysis: We will forgive you if you don't trust our selection here and cannot trust betting on a player who has been involved in match fixing, but that was six years ago and Davydenko looks motivated based on his impressive 6-2, 6-3 victory over world #62 Victor Hanescu in the opening round. Davydenko is ranked 44th in the world, compared to Youzhny's ranking of 25th. Don't forget Davydenko reached a world ranking of #3 back in 2006. The Russian usually does well at the Australian Open (having made four QFs previously), so given this is his lead up tournament, we expect Davydenko to have the best possible lead up to the first Grand Slam event of the year, which begins at this tournament. While Youzhny has won the previous two encounters, Davydenko holds the career head-to-head record three games to two. In Youzhny's first round match, he came from behind to defeat world #65 Ben Becker, losing the first set 4-6 and having to stay in the match by winning the second set in a tiebreak, before going on to easily win the final set 6-1. Davydenko's career record on hard court is 169-107 (61.23% winning record), compared to Youzhny's record of 138-106 (56.56%). Summary: These odds are very generous, considering you can only get odds everywhere else between $1.75 and $1.86 on Davydenko. He is clearly the more classier player, and based on his first round match, he looks eager for a crack at the top twenty this year, so he wants a big start to the season. ATP Qatar Gael Monfils v Philipp Kohlschreiber Pick: Monfils +2.0 Odds: $1.90 Agency: Pinnacle Stake: 3 units Analysis: Monfils is ranked world number #77, compared to Kojlschreiber's ranking of #20. Kohlschreiber is coming off a brilliant 2012, his best year to date, reaching the quarters of Wimbledon (where he beat Rosol, who has previously defeated Nadal), and fourth round appearances at the Aus Open and US Open. Even more impressive was a victory he managed over Nadal in the Gary Webber Open. Gael Monfils on the other had an injury interrupted 2012, which saw his career ranking take a massive dive. He has not played on the tour since May last year, but don't forget that Monfils has a career high ranking of #7 in the world. Monfils reached the final of the same tournament this time last year (also defeating Nadal in the Semi Final), before losing to Tsonga in the final. Now seemingly over his knee and back problems, Monfils easily dispatched of his first round (relatively unknown) opponent 6-0, 6-3. Kohlschreiber beat world number 72 Ivan Dodig (7-6, 6-1) in the opening round. Perhaps the most important stat here is the head to head record between both players, with Monfils holding an advantage 7-2 (he has beaten Kohlschreiber seven of the last eight times they have played). Summary: This game appears quite even. The two players met four months ago in an unofficial tournament when Monfils was making his comeback (indoor court tournament), with Monfils winning a three set marathon (6-7, 7-6, 6-4). Given that Monfils was recovering from injury then, and should be closer to 100% now, we believe there is every chance Monfils will at least cover the games handicap advantage of +2.0 games.

Re: December 27 - January 6 Back Grega Zemlja (+1.5 sets) to beat Richard Gasquet for a 1/10 stake at 2.50 with Bet-at-home Do not like the price on Gasquet at all, he is often bound to struggle in these easy-looking match-ups. Furthermore, Grega Zemlja is coming here on the back of some decent form and has a big enough game to trouble the Frenchman, so fancy him to nick a set somewhere along the way. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zemlja-vs-gasquet-betting-grega-zemlja-might-capture-a-set-against-the-classy-frenchman

Re: December 27 - January 6 Li Na(-5)-Jovanovski B. 1 @1,74 3/10 pinnacle Li Na took a new coach, Carlos Rodrigues, former coach of Justin Henin. She believes that he can make her psychical emotions much stronger. She won here Minella 6-4 6-0, and Cohen 6-3 6-4. She served well, hitted great punches from baseline. She didn't loose any serve. She said: I worked hard on changing punches tactics and forehand. It was very hard and I must change many old habits. Jovanovski plays agresive tennis, and that is double- edged sword. Usually she plays only one way, she plays with a lot of oscillations. She said that her goal is top20, but she must change her game. Her service is bad, and this is chance for Li Na. LI Na is here clear favourite and I believe in her victory.