** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Everton v Wigan Athletic > Boxing Day

Aidymac

That is exactly what I said about him, so I don't know what the argument is about? Gibson is still only 25, when Phil Neville was 25, he was not first choice for United. It was when Irwin stepped down he started to get games. Gibson was never going to make it at United, there is quite a gap between Man United and Everton with regard club size, so you can't compare. Yes, Fergie knows when to move a player on, like Ronaldo, Veron, Forlan. Doesn't make them rubbish.
IAG said he was rubbish :) no argument here, just a discussion mate :ok Phil Neville was averaging between 35 and 45 games a season for United over several years. You'd be lucky if Darron Gibson hit double figures in a season and was sold because he wasn't good enough IMO. I'd love to see some real hard stats about what Gibson brings to the team, and how they perform with him in it. That sort of stuff would away me.

Re: Everton v Wigan Athletic > Boxing Day

IAG said he was rubbish :) no argument here, just a discussion mate :ok Phil Neville was averaging between 35 and 45 games a season for United over several years. You'd be lucky if Darron Gibson hit double figures in a season and was sold because he wasn't good enough IMO. I'd love to see some real hard stats about what Gibson brings to the team, and how they perform with him in it. That sort of stuff would away me.
19 games for efc...and NEVER BEEN ON THE LOSING SIDE

19 games for efc...and NEVER BEEN ON THE LOSING SIDE
This is pl...EFC went on a huge run unbeaten back of last season..start of this year..he played in most of them.. This season.....when they were beaten by WBA..he started but went off injured..after 20....replaced with hibbert..chalk n cheese...big miss that day...the other loss he was not playing.... Just because he is not a BIG HEAD player does not mean when he does not play, they dont miss him...Ill tell you what i bet he is first on the team sheet were moyes is concerned.. im off the pub,,,:p

Most goals second half screams out at me too for some reason.
Wigan [TABLE=class: stat] [TR=class: headingblue] [TD]GOALS BY HALF (away)[/TD] [TD]1st half[/TD] [TD]2nd half[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: trow1] [TD] Goals scored[/TD] [TD=align: center]0.0%[/TD] [TD=align: center]100.0%[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: trow1] [TD] Goals conceded[/TD] [TD=align: center]20.0%[/TD] [TD=align: center]80.0%[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Probably because of this.

on MOTD, they reckon the panel should be SACKED if it is not overturned, and to be honest they should be, if it comes down to players suffering cos a ref and linesman had a ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE...(osmans goal included), by first sending cole off for nothing..and leveling the playing field by sending gibson off...Were is the game going? He is a young new ref in the prem, Who IMO needs to go back down for a few weeks.....Its the fist time I have ever heard the home support sing "you dont know what your doing", when a away player gets sent off. He was the 4th official at the Chelsea game yesterday, and there was a problem with the ref in the first half, The TV and dare say the managers were fearful of him coming on, given his performance the day before.. For the good of the game they should be resinded, otherwise.."were are we going with contact in this game"?
There's precedent - Chico for Swansea at the Emirates, similar incident to Cole's and Gibson's, Swansea appealed and lost. I don't think they should have been red cards, but if the disciplinary panel show the consistency the refs fail to then it is folly to appeal Saturday's reds

Re: Everton v Wigan Athletic > Boxing Day Wigan are just too big for me. I think the draw is the least likely outcome here, it will sway one way or the other. Wigan have not had a draw on the road this season, and although Everton have had 4 draws at home, last season we also saw that Wigan only drew 3 of their 19 games on the road, and this season 0 from 8. I also feel that Everton are far too short, they should be around 1.90 in my book, because although they play great football, they have on many occasions let a lead slip, or have given away soft goals. For me, a bet on Wigan is the value, they know how to cause an upset, as Spurs found out recently. *Wigan WIN > 2 Points @ 8.2 Betfair*

Re: Everton v Wigan Athletic > Boxing Day Everton -1.5 @ 2.51 pinnacle Everton are equal 4th with 3 other sides and much of it is due to their attacking play as they have scored in their last 15 EPL games, with at least two goals scored in 6 of their last 12 games, and in 5 of their last 7 home games. The concern for them is their defence as they have not had a clean sheet in their last 13 games, including their last 7 at home. They face a desperate Wigan side that has had its hare of injuries and they are slowly getting some players back but they lack the form on the board to match it with Everton. The concern for them is that they have scored only 18 goals this season but allowed 33 goals. They have not scored in 4 of their last 7 games, including 2 of their last 3 games, while they have conceded in their last 8 games, as well as allowing at least two goals in 7 of their last 8 games. On the road, it is even worse as they have scored just 3 goals in their last 7 away games, and apart from a rare win and clean sheet at Tottenham, they have allowed at least two goals in 5 of these last 7 away games, in places like Newcastle (3-0), Liverpool (3-0) and Man Utd (4-0). Given this, hard to see them staying in touch with Everton here 52-103 (-25.78)

i think its time to lay everton in this one. they were fortunate to win against west ham. even though they should win and it looks like a home win on the paper wigan played well against arsenal. this is just one of those games where wigan will put up a performance they might have been due for a while. i am going for a surprise even though i am confident wigan will win this one.

i think its time to lay everton in this one. they were fortunate to win against west ham. even though they should win and it looks like a home win on the paper wigan played well against arsenal. this is just one of those games where wigan will put up a performance they might have been due for a while. i am going for a surprise even though i am confident wigan will win this one.

I dont think they were fortunate at west ham, they had a perfect goal disallowed...And they have been the better side in most games they have drawn. I will say it again, unless you see double figures for wigan, its a mug bet, ease tell me were the value is at 6/1 ish. I will say it again, EFC will not lose this with GIBSON in, they just wont, They are far superior going forward and will create a ratio of 3 - 1 in possesion, attacking play, shots etc. I know we dont like backing odds on shots as the human reaction is not to give the bookies odds, and we see odds ons as mug bets. But 1.20, DRAW NO BET, is cast iron guaranteed, should be 1.07 in my book, so IMO that is over twice the value, and the bookmakers have really got this 1 wrong, and must be taken advantage of to the full extent. My bet again, 100 points at 1.2.

I dont think they were fortunate at west ham, they had a perfect goal disallowed...And they have been the better side in most games they have drawn. I will say it again, unless you see double figures for wigan, its a mug bet, ease tell me were the value is at 6/1 ish. I will say it again, EFC will not lose this with GIBSON in, they just wont, They are far superior going forward and will create a ratio of 3 - 1 in possesion, attacking play, shots etc. I know we dont like backing odds on shots as the human reaction is not to give the bookies odds, and we see odds ons as mug bets. But 1.20, DRAW NO BET, is cast iron guaranteed, should be 1.07 in my book, so IMO that is over twice the value, and the bookmakers have really got this 1 wrong, and must be taken advantage of to the full extent. My bet again, 100 points at 1.2.
I agree Gibson is an ok player, but come on, how can you say they won't lose just because Darren Gibson is in the side? You are talking as if the guy is Messi . :loon Also, i assure you, 8.2 is a good price for Wigan. They have won 30% of their last 27 away games in the league, which if you convert to odds is 3.33..... Add on another point or two for the fact Everton are one of the top sides, even if you double it, that is 6.66...... Yet, you can get 8.2 which suggests Wigan only have a 12% chance of winning this match??? Yet the figures show they win 30% of their away games, the value definately is not with Everton here, no matter what you say.

I agree Gibson is an ok player, but come on, how can you say they won't lose just because Darren Gibson is in the side? You are talking as if the guy is Messi . :loon Also, i assure you, 8.2 is a good price for Wigan. They have won 30% of their last 27 away games in the league, which if you convert to odds is 3.33..... Add on another point or two for the fact Everton are one of the top sides, even if you double it, that is 6.66...... Yet, you can get 8.2 which suggests Wigan only have a 12% chance of winning this match??? Yet the figures show they win 30% of their away games, the value definately is not with Everton here, no matter what you say.
We agrre to disagree, I would not touch wigan here with a barge pole, I have laid them under 10, so im ok with that. Gibson is no Messi, but when he sees a game out for EFC THEY DONT LOSE..WIGAN, MAN UTD, CHELSEA, MAN CITY, ARSENAL...Am i wrong for putting wigan in with these lot?

We agrre to disagree, I would not touch wigan here with a barge pole, I have laid them under 10, so im ok with that. Gibson is no Messi, but when he sees a game out for EFC THEY DONT LOSE..WIGAN, MAN UTD, CHELSEA, MAN CITY, ARSENAL...Am i wrong for putting wigan in with these lot?
Gibson has only played 90 minutes five times this season for them. That is not a long enough period to base your bet around that statistic.

Gibson has only played 90 minutes five times this season for them. That is not a long enough period to base your bet around that statistic.
Whwn he signed on Jan 13th. He never tasted league defeat. I can find 9 games from Jan, 5 games from Aug..where he seen the game out. 14 games is enough for me in any stat, in any sport, Once it goes over 10 it should be enough. They will not lose here, just cant see it , they may of course draw, but I cant see in any situation Wigan winning. Backing wigan is a donation to the bookmakers(imo), However everone has their opinions are entitled to them. GL all

Re: Everton v Wigan Athletic > Boxing Day EFC TEAM HOWARD NEVILLE JAGIELKA DISTAN BAINS.....Best back 4 they have IMO PIENAAR HITLLSPEREGER GIBSON OSMAN JELAVIC AMOICHIEBE This team is very strong and competitive, they will not lose, 1.6 betfair. becomes backable now, 50 points win on top of previous bet. WIGAN AL HABSI BOYCE CALDWELL FIGEROA BEAUSEJORE STAM MCARTHUR MCARTHY JONES KONE MALONEY

EFC TEAM HOWARD NEVILLE JAGIELKA DISTAN BAINS.....Best back 4 they have IMO PIENAAR HITLLSPEREGER GIBSON OSMAN JELAVIC AMOICHIEBE This team is very strong and competitive, they will not lose, 1.6 betfair. becomes backable now, 50 points win on top of previous bet. WIGAN AL HABSI BOYCE CALDWELL FIGEROA BEAUSEJORE STAM MCARTHUR MCARTHY JONES KONE MALONEY
Just wanted to thank you Rio personally, as i've been following most of your match predictions and bettings and so far you've not lost a single prediction. Outstanding ... Terry Venables eat your heart out.

Whwn he signed on Jan 13th. He never tasted league defeat. I can find 9 games from Jan, 5 games from Aug..where he seen the game out. 14 games is enough for me in any stat, in any sport, Once it goes over 10 it should be enough. They will not lose here, just cant see it , they may of course draw, but I cant see in any situation Wigan winning. Backing wigan is a donation to the bookmakers(imo), However everone has their opinions are entitled to them. GL all
Everton had a really poor first half to the season though didn't they? And they are a team that plays differently in different halves of a season... So they probably would have had that run without him in the side anyway... I applaud your posts though mate :clap cracking stuff :ok