** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

SNG 'Steps' on Grosvenor

robilaruk

hello not seen this type of SNG before 9being new back to poker), looks like a similar game plan to the double or nothing games to me (fold everything except AA or KK)? re the tokens - does anyone know how long they are valid for (have had a look but can't see it anywhere?) And if I start at level 2 for 50 cents, should I be aiming to go all the way or cash at level 6 for $25 - $30 or so (ROI vs RoR etc) Any thoughts most appreciated Cheers Damian

Re: SNG 'Steps' on Grosvenor Top 5 get 'paid', so is anyone folding here hoping that LAAG Boris calls after limping from UTG? Cheers Damian GAME #4428163102: Holdem NL - 2012-12-23 17:39:17 Tournament (722229271) Table Step 2 Server poker15.ipoker.com Seat 9: consky (900.00 in chips) Seat 1: eermss14 (3,590.00 in chips) Seat 6: dinger48 (1,575.00 in chips) Seat 10: 76Sixpack (2,250.00 in chips) Seat 5: Borisz82 (4,495.00 in chips) Seat 2: madhandsQ3 (1,835.00 in chips) Seat 4: PLdamo (355.00 in chips) madhandsQ3: SB 150.00 PLdamo: BB 300.00 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to PLdamo [H7 DK] Borisz82: Call 300.00 dinger48: Fold consky: Raise To 900.00 76Sixpack: Fold eermss14: Call 900.00 madhandsQ3: Fold

Re: SNG 'Steps' on Grosvenor Hi Damian, I used to grind these regularly a few years back. Couple of points you might find useful (unless changed since played last): * You'll find the tokens in the Cashier under the "My Account" tab and then selecting "ipoints" on the left hand side. They usually provide you with plenty of time to play them but obviously double check every now and then to avoid losing them. They state on them an expiry date. * You can't cash out the tokens as such, but you can also use some of the steps (not all of them) on regular tournaments & sngs, not just steps. Full details on their website. I used to grind step 1's into $1.10 tokens and then play mtts with them. * Bear in mind that you will not receive any rake credit when using tokens. I've raised this often with playtech/ipoker as the token you win covers both the next step entry & fee so in theory you are still paying a fee on each step, but they never have corrected it. Not very useful if you're playing loads in order to clear a bonus for example. Useful little variant though and very grindable due to the soft opposition. Playing solid will help you a great deal, don't try any wild bluffs as you'll always get multiple calls and someone will hit something and be unable to let it go. I found limping and then playing 2p+ aggresively used to work, totally different to what I would usually recommend for regular tournaments etc. Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Re: SNG 'Steps' on Grosvenor Thanks Bart for the advice - they are driving me CRAZY at the minute with such loose, poor play :unsure:@:lol Finally made it to a $1 table step 3 from step 1, and so far the play is worse that at level 2 :) I'll keep at it and try to convert some tokens to standard SNG's to build up the bankroll Cheers Damian