Southampton v Sunderland > Sat 22nd December

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Southampton v Sunderland (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.05[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.25 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Southampton v Sunderland > Sat 22nd December The 'knee jerk' reaction might go something like, had a week off so refreshed, tightened up defence, good at home, in good form, Sunderland playing gash, good going forward and will score goals. That's possibly a fair assessment and all I will offer is that in the past, when Adam Lallana is injured, we have been half the team we were with him playing! That's not to say that Puncheon isn't in the form of his life or that the signing of Gaston Ramierez may not negate the potential loss of Lallana - am just pointing out what has happened in the past. Lallana and Lambert work so well together and the chasing back Adam does on a weekly basis is much better than GRs at this stage. He is not confirmed as definatly out but I am not getting the vibes that he will be fit. Hopefully I am wrong - if he is playing we are probably a fair bet @ around even money. If he isn't - I'm certainly not saying that we can't win - not at all - just didn't want to not post what could turn out to be crucial. Good Luck to all that do get involved - perhaps best to wait for team news...

Re: Southampton v Sunderland > Sat 22nd December Thanks for that ^ Even before reading I did think Sunderland were a tad long / Saints were too short at evens. I was thinking more around 2.3 home, 3.5 away. Saints have done well recently, Yoshida has finally settled and dropping Fox for the young left back has stabilised the defence somewhat. Their fixtures, especially at home, have been kind to them and they have taken advantage, and they took advantage of, at the time, a woeful QPR side. They beat Reading, Newcastle 1-0, drew 1-1 with Norwich and Swansea. Better, but still not mindblowing, I don't know if it is enough to have them at evens against a limited Sunderland side. I think my main play will be Sunderland on a handicap this weekend, a 0.5+ is 1.8/1.9 currently but I'll think about it a bit more and wait for team news

Re: Southampton v Sunderland > Sat 22nd December

Thanks for that ^ Even before reading I did think Sunderland were a tad long / Saints were too short at evens. I was thinking more around 2.3 home, 3.5 away. Saints have done well recently, Yoshida has finally settled and dropping Fox for the young left back has stabilised the defence somewhat. Their fixtures, especially at home, have been kind to them and they have taken advantage, and they took advantage of, at the time, a woeful QPR side. They beat Reading, Newcastle 1-0, drew 1-1 with Norwich and Swansea. Better, but still not mindblowing, I don't know if it is enough to have them at evens against a limited Sunderland side. I think my main play will be Sunderland on a handicap this weekend, a 0.5+ is 1.8/1.9 currently but I'll think about it a bit more and wait for team news
Totally agree about Lallana. But Sunderland could be without Fletcher. Would definitely need to know his status before backing Sunderland IMO.

Under 2.5 goals 1.97 @ Betfair - I think this will be an underuse game to be honest. Southampton have tightened up at the back lately and have gone under 2.5 goals in 6 of their last 7 games. In Southamptons last 7 league games they have scored 8 and conceded 6 which adds up to 14 in their last 7 games an average of 2 goals per game. Sunderland on the other hand have gone the other way and have gone over in 7 of their last 8 games. However one of the reasons I like unders here is because currently both teams are in a relegation battle and therefore neither side can really afford defeat here so I expect we may see a tight and nervy game. Also add to the fact that Lallana is out for the Saints so that weakens them somewhat in terms of attack. I think this will be a tight game but if I had to pick a score line I'd probably say 1-1. However as the result is too close to call I'm going with unders here. Sent from my iPhone using PL Forum app

Re: Southampton v Sunderland > Sat 22nd December Over 2.5 @ 1.99 pinnacle Over 3.5 @ 3.26 sportsbet Both teams sit just above the relegation zone so a win will be massive for both sides. Soton have scored in each of their last 8 home games but also have conceded in 6 of these last 8 games. Sunderland have scored and conceded in 6 of their last 8 games, including their last 4 away games where they have allowed at least two goals in 3 of these last 4 away games. Like both sides to score here, as neither defence has been playing well this season, and both teams have been scoring of late

Over 2.5 goals @ 1.98 - Marathon. I think this is pure value here. Despite Southampton going under 2.5 goals lately they are still very much an overs side for me. They don't e spire confidence in defence, yet going forward they're a match for most sides in this league. Sunderland are struggling for consistency yet got back a bit of their ability in front of goal against Reading. Equally despite their supposed organisational play in defence they never look particularly tight to me. So I think close to evens for there to be three goals in this game is a little bit over reactionary, because if we look at Southampton's games they have still created chances, and given chances away.