CPO's class 3+ racing thread

cpo

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread Going to follow Paul Nicholls at Exeter tomorrow. 1.20 Exeter Domatline 3pts win @ 7/4 PaddyPower This looks a good opportunity for this horse to get his first win of the season after a couple of good 2nds. He ran a good race last time out in pretty testing ground at Haydock where he finished a good 2nd behind Kumbeshwar. He is only a 5 year old and looks to be improving with every run. He has only had 10 career starts resulting in 4 wins and 3 placed efforts. This will be his 5th run over fences and it looks a good opportunity to get his 5th career win. Paul Nicholls continues in great form and he a good record at the track. Ruby Walsh is also in good form at the moment and has an even better record at the track with a 42% strike rate. All 3 horses in the race can be given a chance but I think there are reasons to take on his opponents. Lidar ran a great race last time out to finish 2nd but I would have my doubts over him on the ground as connections have kept him away from testing conditions throughout his career. Only 3 times has this horse raced on soft ground and all 3 runs came in his first 5 career starts. This will be his 28th start so you have to doubt him on the heavy ground. He is the highest rated horse in the field but I doubt whether he is the best equipped to cope with the conditions. Snap Tie is opposable on the back of his recent return to action. Usually this horse is so good returning from a break with a brilliant record but he ran poorly on his return to action this season so I would have my doubts over his well-being. He should have no problems with the ground but he has clearly had his fair share of problems and I am happy to take him on here with Domtaline. 1.50 Exeter Ghizao 3pts win @ 9/4 PaddyPower I am quite happy to ignore 3 of the runners in this field and concentrate on the top in the betting. The Sawyer is surely not good enough to win this even though he loves heavy ground. Dan Breen is solid enough but will struggle to live with the top 2 if they run to form. Hey Big Spender is interesting but he is better over further these days and I believe he is being lined up for the Welsh National so this might just be a case of getting a run into him before that race. Wishful Thinking was pulled from the Paddy Power last week because of the ground but he has plenty of form on soft ground so I don’t think it will be a problem. This is not as competitive as the Paddy Power so maybe that is why they are happy to let him run here. He was an impressive winner last time out at Cheltenham where he won by 18 lengths but he will find this much tougher. His jumping at times is quite suspect and a few mistakes in this race tomorrow could cost him. Philip Hobbs is another trainer I can never get right and I don’t really like backing his horses. Wishful Thinking is without doubt the best horse in this race but I am happy to take him on with Ghizao. Ghizao goes for Paul Nicholls here and as I have already said, he has a great record at the track and is in form. Ghizao had a wind operation during the summer and returned with a good performance to win a 3 runner race at Kempton by 33 lengths. He followed that with an excellent 3rd in the Amlin chase in similarly heavy ground. He did finish 3rd of 4 but he was only a head behind For Non Stop who came into the race on the back of a brilliant performance in the Old Roan Chase where he hammered Wishful Thinking by 23 lengths. Ghizao was highly unflavoured by the weights in that race and he did well to get as close as he did to Captain Chris and For Non Stop. I think he will find this assignment easier and with the ground posing no problems, I fancy him to get the better of Wishful Thinking.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread 3.40 Meydan al shemali 1 pt EW @ 5/1 bet 365 originally fancied the favourite for this but I think this horse the class to win here. Normally reappears in a better contest so could prove tough to beat for in form trainer

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread Ah well he finished 3rd in the end so nothing lost, nothing gained. Had an early look tomorrow and there are 3 races at Ascot. There has to be a doubt over whether or not the meeting will go ahead but even so, it is hard to look past Puffin Billy and Simonsig who will both be odds on. The other race is the bumper at the end of the day so might have a look at that.

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread Had a look at all 3 races tomorrow and the first one maybe looks the best opportunity for a bet. The bumper has to many unknown quantities in it and I don't think Simonsig is worth taking on. I might just take on Puffin Billy to small stakes. 1.55 Ascot Meganisi 1pt win @ 7/2 BetFred Puffin Billy may well outclass these as he has looked very good in his 3 races to date. Connections feel he will relish the conditions tomorrow but I just have to question his latest win over hurdles. Yes he won very easily but the horse beat into 2nd was a 150/1 shot and had been beaten a combination of 311 lengths in his 3 previous races. If you look at his 2 bumper wins, several horses have come out of them races and been sent of favourite on their next start and been beaten. I do think Puffin Billy may well turn out to be a class horse but I fancy taking him on tomorrow with Meganisi who has shown his best form on soft/heavy ground. Rebecca Curtis has her horses in very good form at the moment operating at a 42% strike rate from 12 runners in the last couple of weeks. Connections of this horse felt he was suited by the step back in trip last time out where he and the smart recruit from the flat Aaim to Prosper pulled well clear of the field at Newbury. I prefer the form of that race to that of which Puffin Billy won. Tony McCoy takes the ride again and he is always a good man to have on your side if a horse needs plenty of driving. That may well be the case tomorrow if this race turns tactical but Meganisi has a very smart flat pedigree being by Galileo so he may well cope better than others in the race. If you look at the last 7 runnings of this race, only twice has the favourite prevailed and there have been 3 winners at double figure prices. I think Puffin Billy is the most likely winner of the race but Meganisi has already shown a liking to heavy ground when romping home by 11 lengths earlier in the year at Wincanton. This could be the first time Puffin Billy is made to come of the bridle so it will be interesting to see what he finds.

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread Disappointed with myself today as today should have been a no bet day as I felt the 2 favourites were very strong. For some reason I was looking for any angle possible of getting Puffin Billy beat. Both him and Simonsig were mightily impressive. Tomorrow looks good for a few bets in some more competitive fields which is much more to my liking. Back later with some bets once I have had a look through.

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread 3.10 Ascot – The Ladbroke (Handicap Hurdle) - Into Wain 1pt EW @ 16/1 William Hill While I respect the claims of the big guns here such as Balder Success, Cash and Go and Olofi, I fancy one that could run a big race at better odds. The one that interests me is Into Wain from the Steve Gollings yard. He is a pretty useful dual code horse and warmed up for the jumps season with a comfortable success in a class 3 handicap at Kempton over 12f. His first start over hurdles this season resulted in a very good performance to go down by a nose to the top class Petit Robin at Sandown. He travelled well that day for a long way and was closing with every stride at the finish. I think this run showed he has improved over the summer and if he comes on for the run he could get involved. He is only a 5 year old so there should be more to come from him. The conditions tomorrow should be right up his street as he loves testing ground and has form over further than 2m. Two miles at Ascot on heavy ground will take some getting tomorrow and I would be placing more emphasis on stamina than speed for this race. He has raced just 7 times over hurdles, winning twice and placing 3 times. The only times he has been unplaced is when encountering good ground. Throughout his career he has shown a preference for soft ground. The fact that Brian Hughes takes the ride tomorrow is also a positive as his record on the horse reads 2-1-1 with the defeat coming against Bourne. Another positive is that Into Wain carry’s bottom weight in the race, which could make all the difference come the business end of the race. The race may well go to one of the big yards again as both Nicky Henderson and the Pipe team have won it 3 times in recent years. Still I am happy to go with Into Wain who could give us a good run for our money at 16/1.

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread 2.00 Ascot - Long Walk Hurdle - Master of The Hall 2pts win @ 8/1 William Hill Master of The Hall does have to put a disappointing run behind him when finishing last in the Charlie Hall Chase but he only weakened of it at the 2nd last so you could maybe put that down to fitness. I would expect him to come on for that run and its interesting they are reverting to hurdles with this horse. He has only had 3 career runs over hurdles resulting in 2 wins and a 3rd. He is 2 from 2 at Ascot and is 2 from 2 on heavy ground. He is also proven at the trip, which can’t be said for a couple of these. When encountering soft or heavy ground, he has often looked very impressive so he clearly relishes testing conditions. One slight negative is that the last time he ran over hurdles was back in early 2010, but I still think he is one of the more interesting horses in the race. AP takes the ride and he was actually the last jockey to win on him 3 runs ago at Kelso. Nicky Henderson was the last trainer to win this race since the arrival of Big Bucks so maybe he can do it again with that horse not running. This race has tended to favour the favourites with 7 out of the last 10 winning…3 of them being Big Bucks. Smad Place was disappointing on his return to action and he was also pulled out of an earlier engagement due to his well being. I wouldn’t want to take a short price with him. Prospect Wells has to prove himself over the distance but I doubt Nicholls would enter him for the race if he didn’t think he would stay. Trustan Times steps up in class but is progressing nicely. That being said I think he will come up short. Reve De Sivola looks a massive danger as he handles the ground and stays all day. He is another reverting back to hurdles after a disappointing time of it over fences. He was flattered by his proximity to Big Bucks last time out but he will probably be staying on when others can’t go on.

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread 2.25 Lingfield Tinshu 3pts win @ 9/2 William Hill This horse is very tough and she won this race last year at 16/1. She comes into the race this year on the back of a win just as she did last year but she is rated 10lbs higher this time around. That being said, she is in the form of her life at the moment having won off a career high mark last time out. She loves it around here and has 4 CD wins to her name. This race look an easier race than last year and I would expect her to go very close from stall 1. William Carson has had a few rides on her now and he did get his first win on her last time out. The trainer shows a good level stakes profit at the track for a small yard and dare I say it, this is probably his best horse. There are plenty in here that I wouldn't give any chance of winning this and only a few that I think can win it. Tinshu has to be high on the list given her brilliant CD record and she comes into the race on the back of a win so I am happy to side with her.

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread 1.45 Haydock Bakbenscher 1.5pts EW @ 8/1 Bet365 I backed this horse last time out where he disappointed at Newbury in a race won by Fair Along. He came into the race on the back of a promising return to action at Chepstow but didn't build on that performance. His record on ground soft or heavy is brilliant with 5 wins from 6 runs, with the only loss coming last time out. He should have no problems with the conditions tomorrow and I am happy to give him one more chance, with the Alan King yard in fine form at the moment. Wayned Hutchinson takes the ride and he shows a nice profit of £32.90 when teaming up with Alan King this season. There are a few horses in the race that come into it in better form than my selection but his liking for the conditions and his stamina could see him go close.

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread Not much going on tomorrow so updating the stats now. Been a profitable week, which is good. Restless Harry won easily earlier in the week despite a few sketchy jumps on the way round. I know I said I will only bet in races class 2 or above but I consider the handicaps over at Meydan to be of a good standard. Quite happy to include them in this thread as I will be having more bets at Meydan as the racing gets better over there. Yesterday I didn't really fancy anything and I did think of doing a Puffin Billy/Simonsig double but instead opted to take on Puffin Billy, which was a silly move! Today started off well with Bakbenscher winning well to set me up for the day but nothing else could oblige so just the one winner. Tinshu ran a game race to go down narrowly into 4th and Into Wain also ran well for a long way in the Ladbroke. The big disappointment was Master of The Hall. AP didn't appear to want to get after the horse and was quite happy for him to drop away. Doubt he would have been good enough to beat Reve De Sivola anyway. Pretty pleased with how things have started so long may it continue. Plenty of good racing after Christmas so we all have plenty of time to do out studying. Probably back in a few days... MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! :cheers Bets - 26 Wins - 10 Staked - 58 Returned - 100.5 Profit - +42.5 SR - 38.5% ROI - 73.3%

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread King George - Long Run 5pts win (max bet) @ 2/1 PaddyPower The race has cut up a little but there is still a strong line set to go to post on the 26th. One horse that stands out in the race is Long Run. He is rated 10lbs less than his close 2nd in the race last year when finishing behind the legend Kauto Star. The pair pulled well clear of the 3rd that day and had it not been for a couple of mistakes, Long Run may well have got there at the finish. That being said, it was still a mighty effort. By the standards he set when romping home in the Gold Cup in 2011, you could argue he had a disappointing season last year but he still managed to finish 3rd in the Gold Cup even though he may not have given his true running. It’s common knowledge now, that he does need a run when returning from a lengthy break and he followed his 2nd in the Betfair Chase from last year with the same result this year. I would expect him to come on plenty for that run and if anything the field he faces in the King George looks pretty weak if you consider he is the only genuine Gold Cup contender in the line up. He broke the track record when he won the Gold Cup and he also broke the track record at Newbury earlier this year. One thing we forget with Long Run is that he is still very young and was actually a double grade 1 winner at the age of 4, which no other horse has ever achieved. His record at Kempton is very good with easy wins in the Feltham and King George and that 2nd place in the King George last year. Sam Waley-Cohen has been criticised several times for his rides on this horse but at the end of the day he is an amateur and he will always ride this horse as long as his father owns him. He is 3 times a grade 1 winner with Long Run so he can’t be that bad. The ground looks as though, it’s going to be pretty testing so will take plenty of getting. Long Run looks all about stamina so I would expect him to make this a proper test, as there are question marks over his main opposition over this distance in testing conditions. Connections feared a slow gallop in the Betfair Chase on his return to action, which is what happened. This didn’t suit Long Run and they will not want a repeat of that in the King George, with plenty of speedsters in opposition. I am happy to take the current price with Long Run as I believe he is the class horse in this race with his opposition all having something to prove.

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread 2.35 Kempton – Christmas Hurdle – Cinders and Ashes 3pts win @ 4/1 Bet365 This looks like a cracking little race on paper with 3 potential Champion Hurdle contenders going up against each other. Connections of Darlan have been trying to get a run into him for a while now but due to the weather they haven’t been able to do so. This looks more of a case of having to run him rather than wanting to run him, as they have dodged testing conditions a couple of times already this season. He also comes up against 2 classy horses that are proven on the ground and that have a fitness edge. I would want to take him on for this although come Cheltenham time in March, I would probably be with Darlan over the other 2 if they all got there in one piece. Countrywide Flame absolutely bolted up at Newcastle where he made Cinders and Ashes look very average. I don’t for one second think he will do the same here. CF had the fitness edge in that race but I fancy Cinders to come on plenty for that run. Last season first time up was the only time Cinders got beat so maybe he just needs a run to put him right. That is the view I am taking and I fancy him to turn the form around with CF. I wouldn’t blame the ground at Newcastle as he did win on heavy ground twice last season. The winning margin of 12 lengths was also slightly exaggerated as Maguire eased him up near the finish. I expect these 2 horses to fight it out again but hopefully with the McCain horses coming out on top. His horses are in fine form at the moment with the yard operating at a 33% strike rate and Cinders can get back on the Champion Hurdle trail with a win here.

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread 4.15 Wolverhampton Desert Vision 2pts win @ 13/2 PaddyPower Considering this a class 2 race, I don't think it has attracted the best of fields and it looks wide open. Viewpoint is likely to go off favourite after a good win last time out at Kempton. He is progressing well and looks to hold a very strong chance of getting another win. The horse I do like however, is Desert Vision who has been in good form himself lately. He has won a couple of claimers at the track in his last 4 runs and ran a very good race last time out over a trip that probably stretches him. Desert Vision looked to hold every chance and was making his challenge when getting badly hampered coming into the final furlong. I have no doubts he would have gone close with with a clear run, and is worth chancing here now upped in grade. Royal Peculiar who finished well behind Desert Vision in the Wolverhampton race has since come out and won at Lingfield in a class 2 handicap. The 2nd in that race was a horse called Super Say who Desert Vision actually beat a couple of runs ago at this track. Although Desert Vision has never won off a high this mark, he has ran well several times off this mark and this doesn't look the strongest of races. I think his form stacks up in the context of this race and he can go close at a track he does well at. His overall record on the all weather is very good with 5 wins and a further 8 placed efforts from 18 runs. He is an 8 year old now and is probably the most exposed horse in the field but he might be worth chancing while in good form and with the stable going very well. Graham Gibbons continues to ride well and he is one the best jockeys around this track and shows a massive level stakes profit of +£58.05.

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread Big doubt over Wetherby going ahead tomorrow but fancy one anyway. 1.45 Wetherby Helpston 2.5pts win @ 6/1 William Hill & Ballyoliver (saver) 1pt win @ 4/1 Bet365 Helpston has failed to complete in both starts this season but he was still travelling well at Doncaster where he came down at the 13th fence. He had jumped very well to that point and looked to be put off by a horse in front of him. This looks an excellent opportunity for this progressive chaser to get his 4th win over fences. He has been pretty consistent since being sent over fences and has only once finished out of the places in his 7 completed starts. That unplaced effort came on his return to action this year where he was entitled to need the run. This will be his 4th start in a handicap chase with his first coming in this race last year where he finished an excellent 2nd behind According to Pete. The 2 of them dominated the race last year with nothing else really getting into the race. There was 15 lengths back to the 3rd horse Midnight Chase who is rated 161, so this was a huge effort from Helpston. Last years race was much more competitive than this years race so if anything Helpston should go very close even from a 5lb higher mark. Heavy ground is a bit of an unknown for Helpston as it is with many of these runners. He has ran several good races on soft ground throughout his career, including this race last year so I would be fairly confident that he would handle it. Helpston has run well on both occasions he has run at the track, winning once and finishing 2nd in this race last year. Gina Andrews gets her 2nd ride on this horse having done so well on him last year. She takes off a handy 5lbs and I would be disappointed if he couldn’t get involved in this. The only horse coming into the race in any sort of form is Ballyoliver. He looks an out and out stayer and has proven form on the ground. He looks the most likely danger to my selection unless something shows dramatic improvement from their latest run. If the race does go ahead, it will be extremely testing which will suit the Venetia Williams horse.

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread 12.50 Kempton Spirit of Shankly 1pt EW @ 9/1 PaddyPower This is a cracking little Novice Hurdle and there are two in here that have obvious claims, but I fancy the ground may act as a leveller tomorrow and this Charlie Longsden trainer horse can make his presence felt. I think its almost a given that he will relish the conditions being by Sulamani and there has to be doubts over the top 2 in the betting on the ground. River Maigue hasn't raced on heavy ground yet and New Years Eve bombed out when encountering heavy ground over in Ireland. He is still a massively interesting horse this year as he went very close in the Champion Bumper at the festival. I fancy he will probably be the best of this lot over hurdles but I think its worth taking him on today with Spirit of Shankly. This horse himself has already shown decent form over hurdles with a very close 3rd at listed level over CD. He followed that with a disappointing effort when sent off an odds on favourite last time out but he has every chance of getting involved in this tomorrow. Charlie Longsden continues in good form and I would hope his representative here could improve a few lbs on the forecast heavy ground. He has more experience that his rivals over hurdles and he can put that to good use here. The top 2 in the betting have to be feared as both look like good prospects but Asker is quite interesting considering he handled heavy ground on the flat very well. I don't really like the form of the stable at the moment however, so I would give that one a swerve. Spirit of Shankly looks like a solid each way bet at 9/1.

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread 2.15 Wincanton Goulanes 2.5pts win @ 7/1 William Hill Recene trends of this race have favoured those carrying 11-0 or less with only one winner carrying over this weight in the last 10 years. It's no surprise to see so many claimers in the race to offset as much weight as possible and the one that interests me the most is the David Pipe trained Goulanes. He does in fact have 7 runners in this race but I find this one to be the most interesting of his contenders. He comes into the race on the back of 2 wins from 2 runs for his new trainer. Last time out he won a competitive listed handicap hurdle at Cheltenham off a mark of 126. Today he races off 131 but his young jockey takes off a handy 10lbs, which actually puts him on a 5lb lower mark then when winning in a better contest at Cheltenham. He has plenty of form on soft ground so I don't think the ground will be of an inconvenience. He has proven he stays further than this so he will have no problems with the trip. He comes into the race in form, which is important and he has less to prove than many of these.

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread 3 non-runners today and just the one winner but it was the one that mattered and ensured a profit on the day. Long Run was so brave in the King George to win. I think he won today despite the jockey trying his best to get him beat. Darlan was very impressive in the Christmas Hurdle and Cinders was extremely poor. I said Darlan was the best horse in the race but thought to take him on today because of connections not wanting to run him on bad ground. Lesson learnt! Dynaste who I have ante-post for the RSA was very impressive again and halved in price after his win. Ballyoliver was very poor at Wetherby and Desert Vision just couldn't pick up in his race after racing handily throughout. Small profit on the day but could have been much worse! Definitely taking it a little easier tomorrow as today was not good for the old ticker!

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread 3.10 Leopardstown Questions Answered 1pt EW @ 16/1 PaddyPower I like the look of this horse in this very competitive race. He is still relatively unexposed over fences with just 9 starts resulting in 1 win and 4 placed efforts. He has a nice racing weight here and he loves testing ground. His last 3 starts since being returned to fences have been very consistent and he should be able to make his presence felt in this. His latest start was a good effort in the Paddy Power Gold Cup where he was 1 of 6 horses from 18 to finish the race. He stays and jumps well so I am hoping for a decent showing.

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread 1.30 Kempton Kaffie 1pt EW @ 13/2 William Hill Kaffie has the potential to end up a decent staying hurdler if she can build on a good season last year. She was in brilliant form at the end of the season winning a couple of novice events very easily on testing ground and then only finding Kells Belle too good in a listed even at Sandown. She returned to action from a minor setback last time out at Kempton and looked in need of the run. She still managed to battle on well and finish a good 4th. She should strip much fitter for that run here and Charles Greene takes off a very handy 7lbs. He has ridden the horse once in the past, which resulted in a 13-length win at Warwick. She will love the ground tomorrow and I expect her to prove very tough to pass. She is lightly raced for a 7 year old and IMO is still open to plenty of improvement. 2.50 Limerick Jack Absolute 1pt EW @ 16/1 PaddyPower A tricky little contest of which horses priced 7/1 and under are favoured going from recent winners of the race. Only once in the last 10 years has there been a winner of this race priced over 7/1 but tomorrow I quite like one who is a double figure price. The horse I like is Jack Absolute who has a good record at the track with 5 of his 7 career wins coming here. His recent run at Fairyhouse was very disappointed as he was pulled up but I wouldn’t let that put you off. He is a very inconsistent horse and he has twice in his career, followed pulling up in a race with a win. I am pinning my hopes on a return to this track bringing about the best in him. He proved winning off this mark of 127 is not beyond him when filling the runner up spot in a more competitive race than this one Gowran Park in March this year. He probably found the trip against him in that race as well and should do better back over 20f. The race lacks a clear favourite and definitely lacks a horse in the class of last year’s winner Seabass. It looks there for the taking and Jack Absolute might just put his best hoof forward and get involved at the finish.

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread

Going to follow Paul Nicholls at Exeter tomorrow. 1.50 Exeter Ghizao 3pts win @ 9/4 PaddyPower I am quite happy to ignore 3 of the runners in this field and concentrate on the top in the betting. The Sawyer is surely not good enough to win this even though he loves heavy ground. Dan Breen is solid enough but will struggle to live with the top 2 if they run to form. Hey Big Spender is interesting but he is better over further these days and I believe he is being lined up for the Welsh National so this might just be a case of getting a run into him before that race. Wishful Thinking was pulled from the Paddy Power last week because of the ground but he has plenty of form on soft ground so I don’t think it will be a problem. This is not as competitive as the Paddy Power so maybe that is why they are happy to let him run here. He was an impressive winner last time out at Cheltenham where he won by 18 lengths but he will find this much tougher. His jumping at times is quite suspect and a few mistakes in this race tomorrow could cost him. Philip Hobbs is another trainer I can never get right and I don’t really like backing his horses. Wishful Thinking is without doubt the best horse in this race but I am happy to take him on with Ghizao. Ghizao goes for Paul Nicholls here and as I have already said, he has a great record at the track and is in form. Ghizao had a wind operation during the summer and returned with a good performance to win a 3 runner race at Kempton by 33 lengths. He followed that with an excellent 3rd in the Amlin chase in similarly heavy ground. He did finish 3rd of 4 but he was only a head behind For Non Stop who came into the race on the back of a brilliant performance in the Old Roan Chase where he hammered Wishful Thinking by 23 lengths. Ghizao was highly unflavoured by the weights in that race and he did well to get as close as he did to Captain Chris and For Non Stop. I think he will find this assignment easier and with the ground posing no problems, I fancy him to get the better of Wishful Thinking.
2.05 Kempton Ghizao 2pts win @ 4/1 Ladbrokes This rescheduled race looks much tougher but I am going to keep the faith with Ghizao. For Non Stop just got the better of him at Ascot last time out but I think Ghizao wasn't suited by trying to make the pace with Captain Chris. Today that horse franked the form of that race but proved I think proved how well Ghizao did to stay up there for so long. For Non Stop came from a long way back to grab 2nd and I don't expect here to be much between the again. Paul Nicholls continues in brilliant form and Ghizao is a previous CD winner. He also has more experience on testing ground that his main rival here. All that being said, only one horse can be completely ruled out of the race for win purposes with the other 5 all in with a chance. I'll keep the faith with Ghizao who was my original pick for this race despite the much tougher opposition.

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread Thanks to both of you but obviously very lucky to collect there! I have only just watched a replay of the race so I didn't quite get the full effect of having a last fence faller go in my favour by watching it live. That is the first time I have had one go my way so I am very happy especially with him being a nice price. Questions Answered didn't run the worst race in the World to finish 6th of 28. Big disappointment of the day was Kaffie who I thought would handle the ground. She lead for a long way but weakened very quickly and was eventually pulled up. Ghizao just wasn't good enough against some top class rivals. I will update the stats later on.

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread 3.00 Leopardstown Pandorama 0.5pt EW @ 25/1 StanJames Probably playing for a place here as I expect either Flemenstar or Sir Des Champs to win this but Pandorama is an interesting entrant in this race. He won the race back in 2010 very easily and followed that with a 7th in the Gold Cup. He injured himself in that race and hasn’t been seen since. It’s obviously a near impossible task for this horse after a 651-day absence but I feel there is reason to think he could run a big race. He has had 12 career starts, winning 9 times and finishing unplaced twice. Both of those efforts have come when travelling over to England and encountering quicker ground. I am happy to excuse both of those runs, as he is clearly happier in testing ground in his home country. He is 3 from 3 at Leopardstown and has successfully returned from a long absence twice in his career already. This is a stronger running of the race than when he won it 2 years ago but I find it interesting that connections are letting him take his chance here. They must have him in decent nick at home and I think at the odds he is worth a small interest.

Re: CPO's class 2+ racing thread 2.25 Leopardstown Aupcharlie 1pt EW @ 9/1 William Hill Willie Mullins holds a strong hand here with Back In Focus and Aupcharlie and it may be worth taking a chance on his 2nd string at the current prices. He was a decent bumper horse, finishing 3rd in the Cheltenham bumper and didn’t really go on over hurdles getting beat twice at odds on. He only had 3 runs over hurdles before connections decided to send him over fences. It’s no surprise to me that he won his start over hurdles stepped up to 20f and then routed a decent enough field on his first start over fences over the same distance. That was his first start for 301 days and he won very comfortably looking better the further he went. He looked a natural over fences and I would expect him to come on plenty for that run. For me the key with this horse is stamina and I think he will relish the step up to 3m here. From his breeding you would expect this horse to improve for the step up in trip. The ground won’t be too testing tomorrow which is a positive as he goes just as well on good ground. It’s a big ask on his 2nd start over fences, against proven horses proven at graded level already but I think he could potentially be very good. Back in Focus is rightfully the favourite but at 6/4 I would rather take a chance with his stable mate.