Nelson Mandela Championship > 6th Dec - 9th Dec

Aidymac

Re: Nelson Mandela Championship > 6th Dec - 9th Dec Tournament preview: 1pt ew T.Clark to win Nelson Mandela Championship 20/1 Stan James (1/4 1-5) Tim Clark is always a player I like, especially on the shorter courses and I think he will go very well this week. He is very accurate from tee to green and isn’t bad on the greens either. He won’t have any problem hitting these small greens and so he has every chance of success. A couple of years ago he would have been a comfortable favourite for this event given the field this week but there were signs he still has all of his old ability last season and at 20/1 he’s worth following this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nelson-mandela-championship-betting-tim-clark-can-kick-off-the-2013-season-with-a-win

Re: Nelson Mandela Championship > 6th Dec - 9th Dec 4 for me and sticking with the home grown boys.... J.Van Zyl, 2.5pts EW @ 22/1 Bet365 (1/4 odds 1-5) I really admire Jaco's golf ability, especially on the shorter tracks so I think this could be an ideal opportunity to find the winners enclosure. Started last year well with a 4th & 3rd finish on his first 2 starts, the first of those at a sub 7000 yard track at the Africa Open. His form has tailed off a bit since but he's a real capable type who should be able to win in this class. His last event saw his best finish for a while with a tied 2nd back on the Sunshine Tour and, after a couple of poor middle rounds, finished with a flourish and a round of 66. He will aim to build on that here; my biggest concern being the fact he's out amongst the later starters when the weather is expected to turn. T.Fisher Jnr, 2.5pts EW @ 35/1 Bet365 (1/4 odds 1-5) Another very tidy South African and a player in terrific form. Not seen very often at any European Tour events and the only one he's faced in the last 12 months was his last one, albeit the SA Open. He finished an excellent 13th there in a field containing the likes of Kaymer & Schwartzel. On the Sunshine Tour, he's been in terrific form; 3 wins in his last 7 events. It really doesn't get much better than that and whilst the quality of opposition is different, we can be certain he comes here striking the ball extremely well. An early starter too, he has the best of the conditions which adds another tick in the box. H.Otto, 2.5pts EW @ 40/1 SportingBet (1/4 odds 1-5) I'm a fan of Hennie Otto and think he could be on the way back after injury halted his career progress. After winning the SA Open in 2011 and 3 top 10's in succession on the European Tour earlier in 2012, he suffered a setback which saw him miss 6 cuts and withdraw from a further 3 in the next 10 starts. Since then, there have been steady signs of improvement with cuts made without threatening the leaderboard. That was until 2 events ago where's he finished 9th at the SA Open, a final round of 62 thrown in, and a 7th lto on the home tour. An excellent ball striker on his day and an early start make Hennie a decent EW bet. G.Mulroy, 2.5pts EW @ 60/1 SportingBet (1/4 odds 1-5) The last one of my South African quartet. Garth is another player who excels on shorter tracks and I remember watching him at one event, in particular, the BMW Italian Open where he played terrific golf to finish 2nd to Fdez-Castano, 22 under being his final score. Over those 4 days, I saw him drive well and hit excellent short irons into the greens, giving him birdie chance after birdie chance. There's been literally zero form since but that's not a huge worry as quite often his good performances come off the back of missed cuts or similar. Maybe a speculative shot but 60/1 looks a shade too big and I'm happy to get involved at the available odds, especially he's a 3rd one of my 4 to tee it up early doors.