Jump Racing ~ Friday 30th November

315 Newbury: Sportingbet Open Handicap Chase (Class 2) (2m4f) Looks pretty competitive on paper but probably only concerns those at the head of the market. Bless The Wings is improving and looks one to follow and although this is harder than his Wetherby win he did look good that day. He could do with the ground drying out as would a few of these to be fair so is worth taking a chance with. The Knoxs looks to be on a nice weight and he wont mind the ground, he looked to be going places last season and then came back to form at Ayr late on, he can go close in this company but wont be a generous price with Ruby Walsh opting to ride him instead of Tataniano. Selections: 3pts Bless The Wings 9/2 BetVictor 1pt The Knoxs 100/30 William Hill Full Preview; http://www.punterslounge.com/newbury-betting-bless-the-wings-can-improve-again-to-take-feature-at-newbury

Re: Jump Racing ~ Friday 30th November Newbury Friday I'm off to the Berkshire track tomorrow invited into the restaurant so will sit back and enjoy the day. 12.30 Interesting novice event surrounding Nicholls horse Saphir Du Rheu who has had a run in France on soft ground at Auteil. Nicholls has a knack of bringing these over from France and turning them into winners. WE know it wont be inconvenienced by the ground either. In 4 of the last 5 years, Nicholls has had the 1st or 2nd in the betting and finished 2-2-1-3-4, so expensive to follow Mr Nicholls in this race as only winner was 1/3 SP. Of its rivals, Bold Cuffs had some fair flat form with MArk Prescott and would like the ground. Trainer Tizzard was knocking on the door today with his 3 runners and not without a chance. Pistol was trained by Michael Stoute on the level and should be respected, looking at Hobbs' form he hit a treble during the week and i wouldnt be surprised to see this one take on Nicholls horse. My 2 are 3rd and 4th in the betting so around 4/1 , 5/1 i would be on these 2 i think tomorrow, but would like to see them in the flesh also before i commit. 1.00 I'm not a great lover of these races but Henderson's Glorious Twelth getting weight from the other main principals stands out for me. 1.30 Hobbs will land this one with Roll The Dice with a 3lb claimer on board, taking its rating down to 97, 4lb lower than best win recorded over hurdles in Jan'12. Ground ok and distance ok. 2.05 I'm not really an odds on backer so either Theatre Guide or Court in Motion will be on the agenda for me. I really like Court in Motion but may be better over further. I have always said Newbury is such a test down the straight and its there that i think Court in Motion could give the favourite a scare. 2.40 Out of the box selection would be Cucumber run from Henderson stable, with a 7lb claimer on board and an EP of 25/1 which surprised me as althoguh high in the weights, will win a race this season. Nicholls Curtain Razer is also on my list for tomorrow as a possible for this race.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.