Poor teams concede goals

only1woz

Hi all. I am using this glory hunt to test out a small stakes system. I stress I have done no back testing to this, so unwise to follow unless with really small stakes. I am using 10p stakes to see how it goes. May increase over time if system shows promise. Basics are that teams near the bottom of the table are there mainly because they concede goals. I am therefor backing BTTS with matches played between those teams in the bottom few positions in their league (no strict positions qualify as such, but bottom 4-6 teams, depending on the size of the league). Leagues included will be all the main English and Scottish, big european leagues and some smaller ones that are typically good for goals ie Austria, Belguim, Scandinavia and so on. Leagues not included will be typically low-scoring ones ie Greece, Cyprus, Russia etc. I will place 10p on all singles, and a 10p acca on any qualifiers in one single day. I'm not going to use a bank, as such, but will post my profit or loss after each days betting has been concluded. Hopefully this all complys with the forum rules, but any mods can let me know otherwise. This time next year, Rodders......................:loon

Re: Poor teams concede goals I can see your point, but surely poor teams wont get a better chance to keep a clean sheet than against then worst teams in the league. Also your betting in pretty much every 6 pointer going, meaning these games are gone be very tight. Just my 10 cents worth of course and I wish you the best of luck my man :p PS is it me or are Reading HUGE away to Villa at 4.9? Villa are abysmal and Reading just havent had any luck, they`ll get 1 chance and win this I reckon.

Re: Poor teams concede goals Villa have a pretty decent home record still tho. In fact, I won at the wkend laying arsenal at villa park based on villas home form. Probably the reason for the big reading price. Anyway, fair to say that was an abysmal start to the system haha. 1 goal scored between 6 teams. Will post up any picks for today later on.

Re: Poor teams concede goals Yeah mate, you may well be right. Like I say tho, they do make villa park a tough place to go and win, so that gives them a decent fighting chance to stay up I reckon. I'd still think you'd be more likely, as an away team, to go to QPR, Reading and even Norwich and get a win than at Villa park. I have to say, I think Villa are a "premier league team", if there is such a thing, and that may just give them the edge at the end up.