Everton v Arsenal > Wednesday 28th Nov

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Everton v Arsenal (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Everton v Arsenal > Wednesday 28th Nov Arsenal haven't lost to Everton in the last 10 games. The Gunners have won 8 games, while 2 games were draws (1 home and 1 away). Even though Arsenal are inconsistent I can't see them losing here and leaning towards the draw. Another interesting fact is that 8 out of 10 Everton's last games produced 3 or more goals and in 9 out of 10 games "Both to Score" bet would have won. It would have also won in 7 out of 10 last games between these two sides. So, my suggested bets are following: Arsenal DNB @ 2.00 (as a single bet) Arsenal or Draw @ 1.53 (in an accumulator) Both to Score @ 1.53 (in an accumulator) All prices with William Hill

Re: Everton v Arsenal > Wednesday 28th Nov Who's with me on Under 2.5/2.75 for this game? I mean, its pretty obvious Arsenal can't score (against decent defenses with 11 men). Putting aside the 3-3 draw against Fulham, their only RECENT goals have been against lowly Montpellier (only 2 & in 2nd half), 10-man Tottenham, seriously out of form Schalke, late crap against ManU, and more crap against QPR. They've been blanked by Norwich, Villa, and Schalke (at home) in this stretch. Obviously, this is meant to be a bit tongue-in-cheek, but in all seriousness, this Arsenal side is far from prolific. Despite the return of Fellaini, I don't see Everton scoring more than 1 (maybe 2) and even though Neville is out, the home side should put up enough fight to keep Arsenal frustrated. Just my two cents...

Re: Everton v Arsenal > Wednesday 28th Nov I'm actually leaning towards the overs in this one. Everton have been in fine form this season, especially at home, and are more then capable of grabbing a goal or two, especially with Fellaini returning to the side nice and refreshed. Mirrallas and Jelavic are also constant threats, whilst Naismith has been popping up a bit lately. Sure Arsenal haven't exactly banged goals in away from home this season, but they are more then capable of doing so. The form of certain attacking players is slowly improving and I think they are well worth a chance of scoring a goal here. It's tough to call, but I'm thinking goals in this one.

Who's with me on Under 2.5/2.75 for this game? I mean' date= its pretty obvious Arsenal can't score (against decent defenses with 11 men). Putting aside the 3-3 draw against Fulham, their only RECENT goals have been against lowly Montpellier (only 2 & in 2nd half), 10-man Tottenham, seriously out of form Schalke, late crap against ManU, and more crap against QPR. They've been blanked by Norwich, Villa, and Schalke (at home) in this stretch.
Not me :) you could make a case for unders here and that could very well come off because goals have been mixed in this fixture. Six out of the last eleven head to heads have gone under, although two of those unders were 1-1 score draws. The remaining four unders were 1-0 wins. So still five of the last eleven head to heads at Goodison have gone over, and who can forget the 6-1 mauling Everton went through a few seasons ago. Everton seemed a lot tighter last season, in fact during the period between January - April 2012 Everton were involved in fourteen games that produced fewer than three goals, including the 1-0 loss to Arsenal at Goodison. I can also understand why Everton may be considered to have a decent defence. With their back line you would expect them to concede few goals. However in reality their defence is a lot poorer than that. They've conceded twelve in the last eight, and kept only two clean sheets back in August / September. They always looks like conceding I think because Everton only have one speed, and don't know how to mix it up a bit and be a bit clever. Arsenal as well still look full of goals to me. Their style of play means they will create chances, while at the back they look as bad as ever. To back that up they only tend to draw a blank in the league twice in a row once a season on average. Usually when they appear to be struggling for goals they come out fighting. Whether or not the class of opposition is strong or not, or whether there were mitigating circumstances Arsenal still scored two against Montpellier, five against Spurs, three against Fulham, and another two against Schalke. It is the ease with which they conceded ground which worries me. Again, going back to how poor defensively they are, which seems to be an over used phrase this season. I would also envisage the imminent return of Fellaini as having a big lift to Everton's scoring threat. Not sure if Kevin Miralles misses out again, but if they're both back, and with Neville injured I just see goals any way you look at it. The main reason I believe Everton went under against Norwich was due to the enforced absences of Fellaini, and Miralles. Coupled with the rise of Norwich as a defensive unit recently. I think both Everton and Arsenal will see this as a winnable game, and one against a rival for that fourth place where those three points at this stage of the season would go a long way.

Re: Everton v Arsenal > Wednesday 28th Nov

Not me :) you could make a case for unders here and that could very well come off because goals have been mixed in this fixture. Six out of the last eleven head to heads have gone under, although two of those unders were 1-1 score draws. The remaining four unders were 1-0 wins. So still five of the last eleven head to heads at Goodison have gone over, and who can forget the 6-1 mauling Everton went through a few seasons ago. Everton seemed a lot tighter last season, in fact during the period between January - April 2012 Everton were involved in fourteen games that produced fewer than three goals, including the 1-0 loss to Arsenal at Goodison. I can also understand why Everton may be considered to have a decent defence. With their back line you would expect them to concede few goals. However in reality their defence is a lot poorer than that. They've conceded twelve in the last eight, and kept only two clean sheets back in August / September. They always looks like conceding I think because Everton only have one speed, and don't know how to mix it up a bit and be a bit clever. Arsenal as well still look full of goals to me. Their style of play means they will create chances, while at the back they look as bad as ever. To back that up they only tend to draw a blank in the league twice in a row once a season on average. Usually when they appear to be struggling for goals they come out fighting. Whether or not the class of opposition is strong or not, or whether there were mitigating circumstances Arsenal still scored two against Montpellier, five against Spurs, three against Fulham, and another two against Schalke. It is the ease with which they conceded ground which worries me. Again, going back to how poor defensively they are, which seems to be an over used phrase this season. I would also envisage the imminent return of Fellaini as having a big lift to Everton's scoring threat. Not sure if Kevin Miralles misses out again, but if they're both back, and with Neville injured I just see goals any way you look at it. The main reason I believe Everton went under against Norwich was due to the enforced absences of Fellaini, and Miralles. Coupled with the rise of Norwich as a defensive unit recently. I think both Everton and Arsenal will see this as a winnable game, and one against a rival for that fourth place where those three points at this stage of the season would go a long way.
Cracking write up mate. Far more in depth and useful then my own, but I agree in principle with the lot. Everton will score in my opinion, and more then once - and I think the same about Arsenal. I'll be going with the overs, and if I was brave enough to predict a score, it'd have to be 2-2. Good luck all.

Re: Everton v Arsenal > Wednesday 28th Nov Arsenal win: 2/1 with Betvictor Arsenal tend to perform better against open sides and struggle against grinders. Everton is a team that knows how to put in a shift in and work hard, however, they are more free-flowing and more expansive in their play these days. Also, Arsenal tend to struggle against the top 3 of City, United, Chelsea but do well against those seemingly challenging them for 4th spot (i.e. Everton & Spurs (with a few exceptions under Harry)). I can understand people's reluctance to put a lot of faith in Arsenal, but Arsenal also tend to do a little better when not weighed down by expectation. I think 2/1 is just about acceptable.

Re: Everton v Arsenal > Wednesday 28th Nov The value probably lies with Arsenal here, but i am going to keep away from this match. Everton have not beat Arsenal since 2007, but they are a better side these days. They have squandered a lot of points this season, yet are still in 5th place and above Arsenal. Arsenal lacked cutting edge against Villa last weekend, and didn't really look like scoring for long periods of the game. Both sides have found winning tough of late, with both sides recording a good few draws. Everton have good home form with 3 wins and 3 draws from 6 games. They welcome back Fellaini tonight which is a huge boost, he is a very influential player for them. Arsenal have lost 2 of their 7 games on the road, which is not all that bad i guess. They welcome back Walcott who is a huge boost for them, so both sides have a major game-changing player coming back into the squad, which could mean there could be a few goals. Everton's only injuries now to note are Neville and Mirallas, whilst Arsenal miss Santos, Diaby, Rosicky and Fabianski. Motivation will be equal for both of these sides, as they are both contenders for Europe this season. No bet for me, could go any way.

Re: Everton v Arsenal > Wednesday 28th Nov Arsenal were clearly resting against villa so you can expect to see arsenals best 11 take the field and put right not scoring last time out. Everton have fellanni back who will terrorise the arsenal defense. Evertons defense also seems to give away too many chances for me. Should be a cracking game and the Most obvious for both teams to score! 10 points BTTS

Re: Everton v Arsenal > Wednesday 28th Nov Over 3.5 @ 2.91 sportsbet Over 4.5 @ 5.20 sportsbet Everton have scored in each of their last 10 EPL games and scored at least two goals in 7 of them. With the arrival of Fellaini, his height should cause plenty of problems in this game as Arsenal do tend to have problems defending the set pieces, and expect Everton to often get the ball forward and high to exploit his height in this game. They have also conceded in each of these 10 games, and allowed at least two goals in 5 of these games, so a team like Arsenal, with the goals they have scored, can score a couple here. They have scored in 9 of their last 11 games, and at least twice in 5 of these games. However they too have been conceding goals, with a goal in 8 of their last 10 games, and at least two goals in 4 of these games. Both teams have scored in 4 of their last 5 games at Goodison Park, and with Everton 5th and Arsenal 6th on the ladder, then doubt that each side will be happy with a just a point here and can see both sides trading goals in this game

Arsenal win: 2/1 with Betvictor Arsenal tend to perform better against open sides and struggle against grinders. Everton is a team that knows how to put in a shift in and work hard, however, they are more free-flowing and more expansive in their play these days. Also, Arsenal tend to struggle against the top 3 of City, United, Chelsea but do well against those seemingly challenging them for 4th spot (i.e. Everton & Spurs (with a few exceptions under Harry)). I can understand people's reluctance to put a lot of faith in Arsenal, but Arsenal also tend to do a little better when not weighed down by expectation. I think 2/1 is just about acceptable.
2/1 is mean first half and second half?

Re: Everton v Arsenal > Wednesday 28th Nov This should be a great game and for me bet of the week is Both teams to score + punts on overs. Arsenal does struggle vs. opposition that defends well all over the pitch. They are not able to pin opponents to the penalty area like in the past. They love to play vs. teams who are not shy of attacking offering them some space. And this is exactly what Everton is. Everton had some unsatisfiying results lately and will be keen to win this game. They welcome back Fellaini who is very improtant for their offensive threat. The problem of Everton was that they dont convert the many chances they create. Tough not converting is better then creating no chances at all. I think Everton will give high motivation and pace to this game with arsenal not shy to do the same. Evertons big problem is their defence and I cant see how this will get better. Coleman, distin, heitinga and jagelkia are out of form and are expected to have each a blunder in every game. Everton conceeds in every game. Arsenal talks about how their defence improved...well, they conceed vs. every opponenet that has a decent offense. I also can see the last weeks taking abit of a toll on arsenal. They pretty much played the same guys every game espacially in central defence and midfield. Only gibbs and sagna brought some freshness into the team. I expect that this game will be stretched at some point giving space to both teams. Walcott might be avaialble again. Both teams are out and in need for a win and both teams have their potential in the attack. Both teams are often shaky in the defense. I would love to take the big price on arsenal but it woudl jsut be on value but not on confidence as this coudl also end with everton taking their chances and arsenal being tired after the last weeks. Instead I go all out for goals as the odds are very good which is due to arsenal drawing vs. teams only sitting back. over 2,5 @1,74 6/10 over 3,5 @2,6 3/10 btts @1,6 10/10 (local bookie)

Re: Everton v Arsenal > Wednesday 28th Nov I am just not seeing the goals in this game. Previous matches have produced goals, and Arsenal have been dominate. Removing van Persie from the equation cannot be underestimated. He probably broke the deadlock in a tight game 8 times last season. Just a massive, game changing player, that cannot be easily replaced. Podolski and Cazorla are terrific players, but do they have that lightening bolt-out-of-the-blue , Gob-smack ability to win a game from nowhere ? Everton have scored in every home game and have concede in every game bar 1. Arsenal have scored 1 goal away in their last 3. I think this will be a tight affair with 2 very evenly matched teams. I'm going for the draw at 3.5 (bet365)

Re: Everton v Arsenal > Wednesday 28th Nov Was happy with the draw :cigar , but I got a lot of bet combinations wrong today.... :wall . I went with draw & the Saints win, when it was pretty obvious they were equally matched with Norwich. Just got to stay away from struggling inconsistent teams. Middle ground is no place to be in sports betting .....

Who's with me on Under 2.5/2.75 for this game? I mean, its pretty obvious Arsenal can't score (against decent defenses with 11 men). Putting aside the 3-3 draw against Fulham, their only RECENT goals have been against lowly Montpellier (only 2 & in 2nd half), 10-man Tottenham, seriously out of form Schalke, late crap against ManU, and more crap against QPR. They've been blanked by Norwich, Villa, and Schalke (at home) in this stretch. Obviously, this is meant to be a bit tongue-in-cheek, but in all seriousness, this Arsenal side is far from prolific. Despite the return of Fellaini, I don't see Everton scoring more than 1 (maybe 2) and even though Neville is out, the home side should put up enough fight to keep Arsenal frustrated. Just my two cents...
Whats funny is I didn't even have the balls to pull the trigger on this! Gotta go with my gut from now on. GRRRRRRRRRRRR