Point-to-Points

Darran

As some of you will know my main area of betting on horses is on hunter chases. In my opinion it is the easiest way to make money on racing although sadly it is only for a few months of the year. Anyway Sunday sees the start of the British point-to-point season (I will be at Cottenham) and we are less than two months away from the first hunter chase of the season. The reason for starting the thread is because I am interested to see if anyone else on here has been to a point-to-point and if you have what did you make of it? If you havn't why have you not been and would you consider going? I very rarely go to a rules racecourse anymore indeed I have only been 4 times this year. The two hunter chase meetings, Champion Hurdle day (because I won tickets on here) and a social evening at Windsor. I will easily reach double figures pointing before the season is out.

Re: Point-to-Points I noticed the Racing Plus paper is going to feature the new point to point season each saturday with a pull out Addpea. Went to Dingley last season for the first time, they had terrible trouble with water logging, the hill was very soft and they couldnt allow the public to park their cars and unfortunately i can see the same problems all this year to be honest. Been to Garthorpe a few time and St Notts at Newark. Its a good day and would recommend it to anyone. Hopefully you will find time to do us some write ups this season mate:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.