** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Soccer Hot Favourites System ( at -2% )

Re: Soccer Hot Favourites System ( at +6.06% ) Thanks guys, Kanga Yes the system has recovered greatly from that disaster weekend, not that i was ever worried or doubtfull or anything :$ :lol Cavelloman Great to hear you are making a good profit, you are basically doing exactly what this thread was intended for, to allow people to find their own personal variation. I started the season carefully looking at average prices of around 1.25 with a top price of 1.30. Half way i started increasing somewhat to average prices of 1.30. It has turned out quite well for me and i'll stick to that for the rest of the season. Higher prices means lower strike rate but more profit per bet. And the higher you go the smaller the price bias gets. In the end up to the individual to do some research and determine where to put the cut-off point. I think it's worth the effort looking at an average up to 1.35, but i'd be surprised if there is still a profit to be made based on price only above that. hodgey :lol lucky me again, ( Marseille did not win ) i'm not doing anything specific mate, note i've also missed quite a few winners, it levels out in the end. time to look at the weekend...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Soccer Hot Favourites System ( at +6.06% ) 13-05-2006 14:45 Iraklis v Kallithea Greece Hellenic National League Average 1.28, Iraklis only 4th in the league but Kallithea absolute rubbish, i'll have a go at a good price but doubtfull i'll get matched. 14-05-2006 13:00 Brøndby v SonderjyskE Danish Superleague Average 1.21, Brondby clearly favourite, many bookies seem aligned on 1.20 so i'll go for 1.25isch 14-05-2006 13:00 Reggina v Juventus Italian First Division Average 1.23, away games are always a bit tricky but Reggina only managed 28 points at home while Juventus is at the top of the away table. So i'll have a go at a good price. In fact prices are widely spread and Betfair is already up to 1.34 so i'll have a bit of that. William Hill for example have 1.30 as i type this. 14-05-2006 14:45 Olympiacos v Ionikos Greece Hellenic National League Average 1.22, should be a clear win for Olympiacos being league leader, looking for a price of 1.25isch 14-05-2006 16:00 Galatasaray v Kayserispor Turkish Superleague Average 1.20, hmmmm Galatasaray joint league leader and Kayserispor 4th, should be a Galatasaray home win but somehow 1.20 seems quite low. I think i'll play it safe here and give this one a miss. 14-05-2006 17:00 AEK v Xanthi Greece Hellenic National League Average 1.26, another game where AEK should win but Xanthi don't look all that bad. I'll have another look tomorrow but i think i'll give it a miss.

Re: Soccer Hot Favourites System ( at +6.06% ) no goals at Olympiacos so.... Brondby -10 Juventus +3.42 Olympiacos -5 Total staked 2006.6 Total returned 2124.116267 Yield 1.058564869 5.86% Winners 179 Losers 27 Strike Rate 87% Current bank 217.5162667 Profit/Loss +117.5162667 Well unless something really good pops up thats about it for me this season. With 9 months of betting, 206 bets and more than double the bank at level stakes, it's fair to say it's been a good season. Will be writing a summary sometime next week including spreadsheet and graph etc.. ;) Joe continues during the summer with scandinavian matches and there should be a few good bets from the World Cup of course. So if you haven't signed up yet, now is a good time. www.1x2betting.co.uk My odds-comparison software will keep running, perhaps with some changes along the way, but you can continue to use that to find potential bets: Upcoming Matches Page Myself i take a complete break from betting on this system during the summer. I will be doing some work analysing the system, coming back to the subject of staking, and creating the next version of the odds-comparison software i've got running. So stay tuned ;) ....

Re: Soccer Hot Favourites System ( at +6.06% ) Superb consistancy & stamina DP:clap I particularly admire your confidence, you never doubted the success of the system.Joe had a slightlier rocky ride, but prevailed impressively too. Enjoy the summer.

Re: Soccer Hot Favourites System ( at +6.06% ) Great thread, great system, and your "upcoming matches" page has helped me tremendously in finding throughout the season. I tripled my bank with bets mainly found on that site. Have a great summer.

• 2 months later...

Re: Soccer Hot Favourites System ( at +6.06% ) 'ello, 'ello, 'ello, new football season getting closer, can hardly wait :cow I am at the moment working hard at my odds comparison program which will include some new features like a selection between main leagues or all leagues, prices using bookies bonussus, sorting the list of matches on the name of the favourite or kickofftime or the average price. Also intend to add statistical info as well as newsfeeds. If you intend to use my pages let me know and i'll show you the test pages. I can always use some early feedback. ( Beta version has now been taken down ) I will start betting again in the beginning of September.

Re: Soccer Hot Favourites System ( at +6.06% ) Just read your posts, great system, I've done something similar in the end of last season, laying underdogs, but you have one year of consistent profit which is very difficult. Hope to follow this system from September on and if there's any data you need to compile feel free to ask and I'll help all I can. Good luck Pinho, Portugal

Re: Soccer Hot Favourites System ( at +6.06% ) If you look at this thread, you'll see Eric (datapunter) didn't make his first selections until the 9th Sept last season, perhaps he waits for some form to be established ?? Don't rush him please

Re: Soccer Hot Favourites System ( at +6.06% ) It is possible to do this all year long, however i have found that in the past the results during the summer months are much less than during regular season, still some profit to be made but much less for the same effort. I prefer to take a summer break completely. Running this thoughout the season week in week out does become tiresome. And tiredness leads to misttakes. The summer break allows me to begin a new season refreshed. I will continue this as a record of my personal betting. Starting again after 4-5 matches have been played in the leagues, so i can get some confirmation the favourites are rightfully favourite, so beginning of September.

Re: Soccer Hot Favourites System ( at +6.06% ) Hi Dp, Really looking forward to following this thread this coming season. Let's hope your great results thus far in this thread continue. Best of luck, and maybe speak to you in early September :ok

• 1 month later...

Re: Soccer Hot Favourites System ( at +0.00% ) And another season of the Hot Favourites System is about to kickoff. This time supported by www.SoccerFavourites.com where my odds-comparison program has found a home of its own. There is a small forum attachted to the site, please use that for any questions, feedback, requests about the contents of the site. There will also be an example betting record where i basically just use the main european leagues. It will be different to what's posted here. I won't be doing any picks by email, nor do i promise to post selections early. I will if i can but can't promise. If you'd like picks by email early then sign-up at Joe's, www.1x2betting.co.uk , price is now a once-in-a-lifetime 25 pounds. You get his PDF document with detailled research and his picks by email. Still a drop dead bargin. Here on Punters Lounge i shall again post all the matches i personally bet on. Back later with a look at the weekend :ok

Re: Soccer Hot Favourites System ( at +0.00% ) Not betting myself, the only good games i can see are at extreme low prices. Not worth the risk, somehow with these international matches there's always a big upset waiting around the corner, more than with regular leagues. I'd feel pretty gutted losing a full stake of 10 just to win 0.1 . Only option might be: Slovakia v Cyprus Average showing 1.26/1.27 and on Betfair it's available at 1.33 ( 1.304 ac ) If you think it's a good bet go for it, going to pass myself as i know nothing about the teams and really can't determine if Slovakia is rightfully favourite here. Second one: Italy v Lithuania Average has been dropping, now around 1.14, available at Betfair for 1.18 ( 1.1701 ac ) Again if you think it's a good bet go for it, pass myself.

Re: Soccer Hot Favourites System ( at +0.00% ) Just checked the results, Italy 1 - 1 then :loon

always a big upset waiting around the corner
Guess i haven't lost my lucky touch then :lol Sorry if you put money on Italy, Slovania should provide some comfort winning 6-1 :unsure

Re: Soccer Hot Favourites System ( at +0.00% )

Sep-06 18:45San Marino v Germany 1.010EuropeEuro 2008
Sep-06 17:30Sweden v Lichtenstein 1.018EuropeEuro 2008
Sep-06 17:00Turkey v Malta 1.023EuropeEuro 2008
Sep-06 17:00Israel v Andorra 1.047EuropeEuro 2008
Sep-06 18:30Netherlands v Belarus 1.148EuropeEuro 2008
Sep-06 19:15N Ireland v Spain 1.215EuropeEuro 2008
Sep-06 17:00Norway v Moldova 1.215EuropeEuro 2008
Sep-06 16:00Ukraine v Georgia 1.215EuropeEuro 2008
Sep-06 19:00Macedonia v England 1.250EuropeEuro 2008
Some more Euro qualifiers coming up, Germany, Sweden, Turkey, Israel i'm not going to bother with as there is little to gain. Netherlands also not for me, not really an exeptional price to get and i live here.... simply don't trust the Dutch :lol Spain , average around 1.21 , currently trading at Betfair for 1.29 , i'll have a bit of that thank you :ok ( Mansion exchange should also be able to provide a tip price ) Norway , average around 1.22 , will have a go on Betfair for 1.30 but will take no less :hope ( doubt i'll get matched ) Ukraine , not a clue what to think about this match, average around 1.22 but can't really see any good prices, no bet. England , average 1.25 , quite a few bookies are at 1.29/1.30 go for it i'd say, going to see if i can get 1.30 at betfair :hope

Re: Soccer Hot Favourites System ( at +0.00% ) Good luck for the coming season DP :hope Just one question, and if it's too much hassle then please don't bother answering!.. Is there any advantage in only backing your HOME selections? I personally never back odds-on away from home. Danny

Re: Soccer Hot Favourites System ( at +0.00% ) Thanks Danny, Don't think it will make all that much difference, the away games are only a small percentage of the total bets. I go with the assumption that the disadvantage of playing away is reflected in the odds. So if i can get a good price on an away game i include it. You could filter them out completely on the basis that away games are more difficult to asses. Up to personal preference. I have the Home/Away info and the Win/Lose info in different spreadsheets but i'll have a look later this week and see what the numbers actually are on away games.