Capital One Cup > October 30/31

Re: Capital One Cup > October 30/31 4pts double btts in reading v arsenal and leeds v southampton at 4/6 and 4/7 stan james really fancy two high scoring games here everytime southampton play they score and concede and leeds always look dangerous,same can be said in reading game arsenal almost always score and reading like to attack and more thanlikely will be playing a weakened team so i can see this double easily coming up was almost tempted to do treble with swindon and villa

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Capital One Cup > October 30/31 Apologies for these being a little late and a little rushed. Its a very strong team that Lambert is putting out; Given, Lowton, Vlaar [c], Herd, Lichaj, KEA, Weimann, Bannan, Ireland, Agbonlahor, Benteke Subs; Guzan, Bent, Albrighton, Holman, Delph, Stevens, Burke Whilst form hasnt been great in the league, this competition has been a little respite for them, and they'll be looking to continue there run. Swindon are a decent outfit but just don't have the quality to keep that starting 11 plus the likes of Bent and Albrighton on the bench quiet for the whole match. Aston Villa 0AH 1.80 at Bet365 (2 / 10 units) I had Leeds on my shortlist as mentioned earlier in this thread and the team looks competitive enough to get a result here. Southampton have changed the full 11 and look short on quality. Jay Rodriguez who was the hero in the last round is not included so the way side will struggle upfront. Leeds being at home should have enough desire to snatch the win Leeds 0AH 1.74 at Ladbrokes (2 /10 units)

Re: Capital One Cup > October 30/31

Reading v Arsenal - Reading to score over 1.5 goals @ 2.88 Skybet Reading have scored in each of their 4 home games this season and have covered this line in their last 2. Arsenal have now conceded 1 goal in each of their last 3 away games. They haven't conceded 2 goals in the league yet this season, but they did concede 2 at home to Schalke in the CL last week. The over 2.5 market is around 1.60 and I think that's about right. IMO Reading are likely to contribute towards the goals in this match and @ 2.88 I think we have some real value that they can score twice. With Arsenal set to rotate their side I think that Reading will be able to get at this defence. Wenger never really give this competition much importance and I think he will already have one eye on the big game at Old Trafford on Saturday. I fancy Reading to give Arsenal a real game tonight, but I'm not quite brave enough to back them outright. Instead will take them to cause Arsenal a few problems and score at least 2 in the process.
Well I didn't think it would be quite that easy :cigar

Re: Capital One Cup > October 30/31 Reading v. Arsenal. Arsenal to win @ 1.9. Local. I put down a cash bet on Arsenal, just for the sake of it. Never bet on the League Cup, etc., but Arsenal is my team. Now I'm pulling my hair out! 4-1 down at halftime, and Arsenal is playing with two defensive midfielders! Aah! The two DMs, Frimpong and Coquelin, are the reason I didn't bet on the under/over 2.5 line instead. I didn't think Arsenal would concede...

Sunderland-Middlesbrough under 2.5 @1.87 4/10 188bet Sunderland are really poor at the moment. They don't look to have goals inside them at all, at least for the moment. Just two players scored their goals so far: Richardson (1 goal) but he signed for Fulham in august and Fletcher (5 goals). But the Scottsman is out of form, and so is the rest of the attack. It is also assumed that Johnson will not be included in this team for this match. Middlesbrough are aiming for promotion so this cup is less interesting to them. They have huge injury problems: strikers Jutkiewicz (4 goals), Main (1 assist) and Luke Williams (2 goals) are out, as midfielders Carayol (1 goal/1 assist) and Thomson (1 assist), as well as defender Rhys Williams. Defender Woodgate and winger Emnes (3 goals/1 assist) are both doubts. Emnes is expected to be out for this. Chelsea loanee McEachran (1 assist) is cup-tied. M'brough will have less chances due to these long absentee list. They will try to keep it itght with a well organised defence and they should do ok against such a worse offense with out of form players. GL
0:1 bet won

Arsenal @ 1.9 - Blue Square. I see this price has come in slightly, so I wouldn't touch them if they were below 1.9 personally. Because 1. The away factor, 2. This is a fourth choice cup competition for Arsenal (which can be turned into a positive as its IMO the more realistic of the four), and 3. They are sure to be making changes here. However having said all that I'll still back them at just under evens here because I think Arsenal are absolutely desperate for a trophy. Any trophy. As we've seen over the last year or so, Arsene Wenger has opted to play a pretty strong side. Where as, in years gone by theyve put out a full youth team / reserves. I'd expect a couple of the bigger name players to be rested here. Girvinho is injured, I'd expect Wilshere to get some more game time after making his comeback at the weekend. Arsenal always have players that can come in though and create the same chances. They'll probably relish the chance of playing against a Reading side that shipped three goals at home to Fulham at the weekend. I just think Reading have bigger fish to fry here and Arsenal will play with much more purpose as they look to get over their barren run. Reading have looked particularly shaky at the back this season. Something Arsenal will take advantage of.
:( knew Arsenal would score but never saw them going four down though, and now they're leading 4-5! Good calls on Leeds and villa :ok

Re: Capital One Cup > October 30/31 Shame about Arsenal, but it seems there were still plenty of winners in here tonight. Well done guys.

Apologies for these being a little late and a little rushed. Its a very strong team that Lambert is putting out; Given, Lowton, Vlaar [c], Herd, Lichaj, KEA, Weimann, Bannan, Ireland, Agbonlahor, Benteke Subs; Guzan, Bent, Albrighton, Holman, Delph, Stevens, Burke Whilst form hasnt been great in the league, this competition has been a little respite for them, and they'll be looking to continue there run. Swindon are a decent outfit but just don't have the quality to keep that starting 11 plus the likes of Bent and Albrighton on the bench quiet for the whole match. Aston Villa 0AH 1.80 at Bet365 (2 / 10 units) I had Leeds on my shortlist as mentioned earlier in this thread and the team looks competitive enough to get a result here. Southampton have changed the full 11 and look short on quality. Jay Rodriguez who was the hero in the last round is not included so the way side will struggle upfront. Leeds being at home should have enough desire to snatch the win Leeds 0AH 1.74 at Ladbrokes (2 /10 units)
2/2 for me. Leeds nice and comfortable but Villa made me sweat. +3.08 units

Re: Capital One Cup > October 30/31 Looks like ìt will be the 2nd team for Liverpool v Swansea, with Rodgers confirming in a press conference today that he will make changes. This is the provisional squad (according to The Independent newspaper - but I didn't see it confirmed anywhere else yet) Provisional squad: Jones, Wisdom, Coates, Carragher, Enrique, Henderson, Shelvey, Sahin, Downing, Pacheco, Yesil, Assaidi, Gulacsi, Robinson, Wilson, Coady, Sama, Suso, Sterling, Sinclair. As I said I only see this stated in one place, and the market does not seem to reflect no Suarez, Gerrard or Allen yet. So please do not take this as confirmed!! It has however been confirmed that Reina and Johnson will definielty miss out, so the above squad may be correct. I expect Swansea to make a couple of changes (Vorm & Rangel are out anyway) but would expect a strong line-up from them as they did in the last round. There are reports that Monk will play in defence. As before with the Liverpool 2nd team, I think they are vunerable defensively, and will most likely play Swansea goals if that is the case. But with Swansea expected to have a much changed defence, there could be goals at both ends. I will wait until the morning and see if I can get any more concrete team news before getting involved.

Re: Capital One Cup > October 30/31 The Liverpool team is- Jones Henderson Carragher Coates Robinson Allen Shelvey Cole Downing Yesil Assaidi If Swansea play their first 11 then they should get a result over us but it really depends on their line-up. If they play Michu, Pablo, Graham etc then they should have the edge up top to score a couple. Assaidi looks like he could be a quality player but Yesil is a bit young and it will take him time

Hi' date=' is there a website that I can use to check Reading vs Arsenal corner stats at half time and full time? Thanks.[/quote'] The BBC report should do it. For half time corner stats, follow the 'Live Text Commentary' and count them up (using 'Find' on your computer makes it faster) - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20053678

The Liverpool team is- Jones Henderson Carragher Coates Robinson Allen Shelvey Cole Downing Yesil Assaidi If Swansea play their first 11 then they should get a result over us but it really depends on their line-up. If they play Michu, Pablo, Graham etc then they should have the edge up top to score a couple. Assaidi looks like he could be a quality player but Yesil is a bit young and it will take him time
Where us that team confirmed mate?

Re: Capital One Cup > October 30/31 Liverpool v Swansea Swansea DNB @ 4/1 Paddypower This is a no brainer for me really, Liverpool have just come off the back of a derby and a Europa league game they could have done without and with another big game against Newcastle at the weekend and another Europa league game to play there going to have to rest players tonight. The price on Swansea is far too long here, they have been generally better than Liverpool this season and will know they have every chance of reaching the quarter final. Rogers will want to get one over on his old club, but i'm sure Swansea will want to prove to him he's made a big mistake and tonight my money will be with the away team. Expected line ups: Swansea: Tremmel Rangel, Monk, Williams, Davies Routledge, Britton, De Guzman, Gower Michu Graham Liverpool: Reina Wisdom, Carragher, Coates, Enrique Sahin, Shelvey, Henderson Assaidi, Yesil, Downing

Re: Capital One Cup > October 30/31 4pts Chelsea to beat Man Utd 5/4 Coral I think Chelsea have enough in their squad to win this match. I’m sure United will want to win but they clearly have ambitions elsewhere while Chelsea being the home side will be much more wanting to put on a show and I would expect them to come out on top. They have the extra motivation after the anger they felt on Sunday and that anger and motivation can spur them onto a win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chelsea-vs-man-utd-betting-chelsea-can-extract-some-kind-of-revenge-for-their-defeat-to-man-utd-on-sunday

Liverpool v Swansea Swansea DNB @ 4/1 Paddypower This is a no brainer for me really, Liverpool have just come off the back of a derby and a Europa league game they could have done without and with another big game against Newcastle at the weekend and another Europa league game to play there going to have to rest players tonight. The price on Swansea is far too long here, they have been generally better than Liverpool this season and will know they have every chance of reaching the quarter final. Rogers will want to get one over on his old club, but i'm sure Swansea will want to prove to him he's made a big mistake and tonight my money will be with the away team. Expected line ups: Swansea: Tremmel Rangel, Monk, Williams, Davies Routledge, Britton, De Guzman, Gower Michu Graham Liverpool: Reina Wisdom, Carragher, Coates, Enrique Sahin, Shelvey, Henderson Assaidi, Yesil, Downing
Rangel is suspended Hebert. Looks like Joe Cole starts for Liverpool as well.

Re: Capital One Cup > October 30/31 I heard on the radio that reina is out? Meaning no first choice keepers for either team with Worm injured for Swansea. Hard to predict a result here but the odds are making Swansea - draw no bet @ 4/1 probably the stand out bet. Michu is very powerful in the air and I think C

Rangel is suspended Hebert. Looks like Joe Cole starts for Liverpool as well.
Looks like i'll be using a new site to get the teams off then :\ To be honest though even with Liverpools first team out i'd still see value in that draw no bet.

Looks like i'll be using a new site to get the teams off then :\ To be honest though even with Liverpools first team out i'd still see value in that draw no bet.
I think a lot depends on the team Swansea field. I think they will go fairly strong, and if so then I would agree there is value in opposing Liverpool.

Re: Capital One Cup > October 30/31 Hi Guys My observations for tonight: Chelsea host Manchester United for the second time within a week and I am going to go for the same choice I did on Sunday - both teams to score. It is a pretty obvious selection which I think a lot of people will anyway but this game has a history of goals and we know based on Sunday that this could be a decent end to end match. Best price 4/6 Norwich take on Tottenham and I think Tottenham are looking great value at 10/11 with PaddyPower or William Hill. Tottenham have won 3 out of their 4 away premier league games and have depth in strength as regards their team. Norwich have been struggling this season although they have picked up the last two games obtaining 4 points from 2 games. Their manager Chris Hughton has stated he will make changes for the League cup game and I think Spurs will be too strong for a Norwich side whose squad does not compete with Tottenham's. Liverpool v Swansea is a game that may put people in doubt in which bet to select. It would seem foolish to back Liverpool at the low price of 4/9. This is the same team that have won 1 out of their 5 home Premiership games. Swansea are in fact above Liverpool in the Prem and will set out to attack so if anything they would be worth an ambitious bet at 6/1 but personally I am leaving this game alone. One bet that looks great value is Rangers to win at home against Inverness CT. Last season, if you recieved this kind of price for this game you would have thought the bookies had been on an all day bender with Gazza and Tony Adams. As Rangers are currently in the Scottish third division the odds have increased but they beat Motherwell in the last round at home 2-0 and have won all their 4 league home games scoring 16 goals and scoring 3. Yes, they are playing considerably weaker competition but the big victories proves they are still a strong team within Scottish football and will undoubtedly obtain three succeessive promotions back to the Scottish Premiership. Best price 6/5 . In Spain the Copa Del Rey cup games are being played. Atletico Madrid are away to Real Jaen who are in the division below. Atletico have won their last 12 games on the trot and are currently joint top of La Liga. You can get evens with Paddy Power that they will be winning at half time and at full time which seems like an excellent value. In Italy Top of the league Juventus take on second from bottom Bologna. Juventus have won 8 out of 9 games and drew the other. They have scored 20 goals and conceded 4. Bologna have lost 6 out of their 9 league games so it seems a cert that Juventus will win. At 2/9 though, the value is poor and -1 at 4/5 seems to represent good value. Follow me on Facebook: Beat The Bookie@Footy Twitter:@_BashTheBookies

Re: Capital One Cup > October 30/31 Chelsea vs Man Utd. Chelsea Win @ 1.90 w/ Bet365 After last weekends result, Chelsea will ultimately have a bigger bone to pick than Man Utd. A number of key decisions went against Chelsea last weekend so both the team and crowd will be right up for this game. Man Utd need to consider their big game with Arsenal over the weekend which is why I've got a the majority of their first team will be rested. Whereas Chelsea on the other hand may field the likes of Mata to put the youngsters of Man Utd to the test. Who wants it more? For me, the answer has to be Chelsea. And for that reason alone, I'm going with the Chelsea win!

Chelsea V ManU over 2.5 goals Liverpool V Swansea over 2.5 goals Inter Win £60 treble @ 5/1 Swansea Win both halves £10 @ 20/1 proper outside bet but have a good feeling.............
That was some crazy sh*t. I actually had £10 on swansea to win and united to draw. £214 returns for that. sometimes you just guess right!

The Liverpool team is- Jones Henderson Carragher Coates Robinson Allen Shelvey Cole Downing Yesil Assaidi If Swansea play their first 11 then they should get a result over us but it really depends on their line-up. If they play Michu, Pablo, Graham etc then they should have the edge up top to score a couple. Assaidi looks like he could be a quality player but Yesil is a bit young and it will take him time
Well done to all those who got on Swansea early. Knowledge is power

At around 1.3/1.4 I honestly think Wigan to beat Bradford doesn't necessarily represent amazing value but could be worth some big stakes. Bradford have been steady in the league at best without pulling up any trees. Even if Wigan play a complete second string side I'd expect the players looking to prove their worth to Martinez to give it their all. The information given by Mowgli above about the Bradford defence reaffirms this. I'm slightly tempted to take 1.79 for Wigan winning at HT' date=' or Wigan HT/FT at close to evens.[/quote'] The only way I saw us having any chance was if Wigan fielded a weakened side. As we got to the ground we heard they had made 9 changes and at that point the -1 handicap looked like a bloody awful bet. I didn't have a penny on the result either way as I was in a rush to get to the ground and missed the first 20 mins. Wigan had more than enough chances, their no 14 clean through on goal and side footing past the keeper but also past the post. They were trying to walk it in, some nice passing but no end product. They should have beaten us but they didn't and that's football. We also had a great chance when Hines was 1 v 1 with the keeper but at a tight angle and Al Habsi made a great save. Expectations were that McHugh and McArdle would have a torrid time but both had the game of their lives, the keeper and right back also had a blinder and it was a great defensive display. I don't know if Wigan were not taking the cup seriously, were resting players for Saturday or just showed us a lack of respect and felt their reserves could beat us.

Chelsea V ManU over 2.5 goals Liverpool V Swansea over 2.5 goals Inter Win £60 treble @ 5/1 Swansea Win both halves £10 @ 20/1 proper outside bet but have a good feeling.............
Congrats on the big win. If only you had posted that earlier, I'd have jumped at the chance. I just never had enough time to do my research before getting in from work.. unfortunately. I really need to work out my game plan. I should really be looking at some outsider value rather than trying to double my money with bets. I just can't seem to resist single bets at even month such as the Chelsea v Man Utd bet. In fact, now that I think about it, the Chelsea bet wasn't even as much as even money! :(