** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Wigan Athletic v West Ham > Oct 27

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wigan Athletic v West Ham (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Wigan Athletic v West Ham > Oct 27 I feel Wigan are too short here. They are far away from being a home force. They have picked up three points just once in this season and that wasn't at home. They don't play well. West Ham on the other hand do play some good football, having picked up quite a lot of points so far. They have build a strong squad under Allardyce. With the momentum on their side, the better team and the fact that Wigan is poor at home, I feel West Ham +0.5 or +0.25 looks appealing.

Re: Wigan Athletic v West Ham > Oct 27

I feel Wigan are too short here. They are far away from being a home force. They have picked up three points just once in this season and that wasn't at home. They don't play well. West Ham on the other hand do play some good football' date=' having picked up quite a lot of points so far. They have build a strong squad under Allardyce. With the momentum on their side, the better team and the fact that Wigan is poor at home, I feel West Ham +0.5 or +0.25 looks appealing.[/quote'] I agree there could be value in backing West Ham at odds of 3.3. Wigan have been in poor form and the pressure will be on them. West Ham seem pretty effective away from home under Big Sam and this is the sort of away game they can win.

The odds look about right to me. I think this'll be a predictably tight game. Games recently involving Wigan have been pretty tight. They've usually played ok, but ended up conceding, and subsequently lost. Maybe possible value in the draw here as Wigan will look to dominate possession but West Ham have a very formidable midfield, and always carry a threat when Andy Carroll plays. No bet for me, but I fancy a 1-1 here.

Re: Wigan Athletic v West Ham > Oct 27

I feel Wigan are too short here. They are far away from being a home force. They have picked up three points just once in this season and that wasn't at home. They don't play well. West Ham on the other hand do play some good football' date=' having picked up quite a lot of points so far. They have build a strong squad under Allardyce. With the momentum on their side, the better team and the fact that Wigan is poor at home, I feel West Ham +0.5 or +0.25 looks appealing.[/quote'] According to you I'll pick West Ham in its away game. But I prefer in this way: Draw or West Ham - 1.28 - bet365

Re: Wigan Athletic v West Ham > Oct 27 *Wigan WIN @ 2.28 Betfair* I don't think Wigan are too short, i think they are a backable price. It will take me a lot of convincing before i think West Ham will ever be a good bet away from home. Sam Allardyce prides his season on good home form, and historically Big Sam tends to do poorly on the road overall. Yes they did beat QPR, but QPR have been rubbish, anyone could beat them at the moment. They got a 0-0 against a poor Norwich side, and got trounced 3-0 away to Swansea in the other away games. Wigan will be looking to get back on track after no win in 3, and i think this is a good opportunity to do so.

Re: Wigan Athletic v West Ham > Oct 27 West Ham @ 3.44 pinnacle Wigan's home form has been poor, having drawn two (both games with Everton and Stoke finished 2-2) and lost two (2-1 to Fulham and 2-0 to Chelsea). As it can be seen, they have allowed two goals in each of these four home games, as well as 6 of 8 games overall. West Ham on the road opened up with a 3-0 loss at Swansea but since then have drawn 0-0 at Norwich and then won 2-1 in Wigan. Though have conceded in their last four games, still believe that they are better defensively than Wigan, while up front, they have the imposing figure of Carroll. Like West Ham to edge this, as they have been on a good run recently and with a tough set of fixtures coming up, then will be looking at this game as one that they should be looking to get all three points.