** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Liverpool v Stoke > Sun 7 October

Re: Liverpool v Stoke > Sun 7 October *DRAW @ 4.4 Betfair* I think there is value in the draw here. Incredibly Stoke have drawn 10 of this last 16 league games. They are a very defensive set-up, and can be very hard to break down. Chelsea found it very hard to break them down at Stamford Bridge a couple of weeks ago and nicked the game 1-0 eventually, they are very dogged, hard-working, physical and won't give Liverpool an inch. They have already drawn with Arsenal and Man City this year and had a good 2-0 win against Swansea last time out. Liverpool had a very good win against Norwich last time out, winning 5-2, but they still conceded 2 goals and look oh so bad defensively this year. They have not won a game at Anfield yet this season in the league, and even though those 3 games were against City, Arsenal and Man United, there will be a lot of pressure from the fans to get a win against Stoke. I think Stoke are physically much stronger than Liverpool, and i can see them frustrating them at Anfield, so definately think the draw is very possible.

Re: Liverpool v Stoke > Sun 7 October

*DRAW @ 4.4 Betfair* I think there is value in the draw here. Incredibly Stoke have drawn 10 of this last 16 league games. They are a very defensive set-up, and can be very hard to break down. Chelsea found it very hard to break them down at Stamford Bridge a couple of weeks ago and nicked the game 1-0 eventually, they are very dogged, hard-working, physical and won't give Liverpool an inch. They have already drawn with Arsenal and Man City this year and had a good 2-0 win against Swansea last time out. Liverpool had a very good win against Norwich last time out, winning 5-2, but they still conceded 2 goals and look oh so bad defensively this year. They have not won a game at Anfield yet this season in the league, and even though those 3 games were against City, Arsenal and Man United, there will be a lot of pressure from the fans to get a win against Stoke. I think Stoke are physically much stronger than Liverpool, and i can see them frustrating them at Anfield, so definately think the draw is very possible.
Good post Aidy. I just want to add that inconsistent team like Liverpool should not be priced @ 1.40-1.50 against Stoke who only lost 1 game away against Chelsea this season. Will follow you with small stakes. Draw @ 4.33 (1 unit) ​Bet365

Re: Liverpool v Stoke > Sun 7 October i sort of agree with mustafa and aidymac but can also see this being a blowout, as a stoke fan i watch most their games and they are both very correct in what they say and this match could be very well be a draw, however like i said i watch alot of games and stoke can sometimes leave alot to be desired and after 5 or 6 very hard games i can see a trip away to anfield being a massive struggle against a liverpool team who to be honest if they take there chances could score 4 or 5 here so i like liverpool chances in this game Liverpool(-1.0) @ $2.30

Re: Liverpool v Stoke > Sun 7 October Liverpool is underpriced once again here. They had an awful home record last season with too many draws and less victories at Anfield. Even if they seem to get better after last week's display at Norwich, they have no value in these odds.

Re: Liverpool v Stoke > Sun 7 October Stoke are a very difficult team to break through there work rate is second to none Which I think Liverpool will have difficulty getting past they also have a tendency to nick a goal with there backs against the wall so I agree that the draw at 3/1 is worth a punt and also Stoke at 6/1 is worth a couple of quid Stoke 6/1 Ladbrokes Draw 3/1 Ladbrokes

Re: Liverpool v Stoke > Sun 7 October This is a very hard one to call. But given the excessively defensive style of Stoke and the availability of quality wide players in Liverpool's attack, I am getting oriented towards the corner handicap market. It is interesting that in the last three Premiership encounters b/n Pool and Stoke, we get the following corner scores: 11-1 (Liv.-Stoke 0:0), 12-2 (Stoke-Liv 1:0), 7-0 (Liv-Stoke 2:0); all in favor of Liverpool. When we look at the last four away games of Stoke against top teams, we see the following results: - Chelsea 13 crn. - Stoke 3 crn. (Chelsea - Stoke 1:0) - Spurs 13 crn - Stoke 1 crn. (Spurs - Stoke 1:1) - Chelsea 14 crn. - Stoke 1 crn. (Chelsea - Stoke 1:0, March 2012) - United 9 crn. - Stoke 2 crn. (United - Stoke 2:0) I think that a -5 asian handicap for Liverpool to get more corners is very likely to be successful. Asian Handicap: Liverpool Corners (-5) @ 1.825 (b365)

Re: Liverpool v Stoke > Sun 7 October Stoke +1.25 1.78 @ Betfair - Liverpool are far too short in this game as Stoke are a solid side defensively and difficult to break down as shown against Chelsea where they lost 1-0 from a goal in the 85th minute. Liverpool struggled last season against weaker opposition and struggled to break down sides who put men behind the ball. They have conceded 2 goals in all 3 of their home games against Man City, Man United and Arsenal and have picked up just 1 point from those 3 games. Although they won 5-2 at Norwich last weekend they were beaten 3-2 by Udinese in the Europa League so maybe confidence won't be quite so high in the Liverpool camp now. Liverpool have been scoring and conceding goals for fun lately and a bet that i think looks decent value is Stoke +1.25 which is 1.78 @ Betfair and if Liverpool do grind out a win i don't think it will be by more than 1 goal. Crouch will be a handful for Liverpool and i fancy Stoke to score a goal tomorrow so that would mean that Liverpool would have to score 3 for this bet to lose which i don't think is very likely against a solid Stoke defence.

Re: Liverpool v Stoke > Sun 7 October I think Liverpool will win today. They have been playing ok, gradually improving, Gerrard, Suarez & Sterling got a little run out against Udinese for 25 mins to have them in peak form for the game. Agger and Skertel were both rested, whilst Reina, despite conceding 3, actually showed improved form which is a positive for the home side. Brendan Rodgers will be desperate to get his first home league win and I think he should get it...Norwich away was a must win game, in as much as it represented a very realistic opportunity to get the three points, and they did it in emphatic style. Stoke offers the chance to get 3 points at Anfield and I expect them to take it. Liverpool 2-0 correct score @ 8's on Betfair.

Re: Liverpool v Stoke > Sun 7 October Under 2.5 @ 2.00 pinnacle Liverpool will look to record their first clean sheet this season and pretty much know what to expect from Stoke. Believe Agger and Skrtel will find it easier to cope with the aerial threat of Crouch than smaller and more agile strikers where they have been found out. Liverpool's midfield continues to improve and stroke the ball around while Suarez has started to find his goals scoring otuch with a hat trick against Norwich last week and then coming off the bench to score against Udinese mid week. However he faces a no-nonsense defence led by Shawcross and Huth who will not give him time on the ball while the midfield will be pressed and forced to go backwards in order to maintain possession. Stoke have gone under in 5 of their 6 games as only Chelsea and Wigan have managed to score twice against them. These two teams have gone under in 7 of their last 8 meetings with Stoke not having scored at Anfield in their last 4 visits

Re: Liverpool v Stoke > Sun 7 October Liverpool v Stoke 5pts Suarez anytime scorer @ 2.1 Bet365 I think Liverpool will win this but don't see any value in backing them so i'm going to take Suarez to score instead. The Uruguayan already has 5 in the league this season and his hat trick against Norwich and his goal midweek against Udinese will just fill him with confidence. After watching Liverpools last few games he's been undoubtedly the biggest threat in all of them and chances just seem to fall to him everytime, the only downfall sometimes is his finishing which is really poor at times, but Liverpool should dominate this game and Suarez will just be a thorn in the sides for the Stoke defense.

Stoke are a very difficult team to break through there work rate is second to none Which I think Liverpool will have difficulty getting past they also have a tendency to nick a goal with there backs against the wall so I agree that the draw at 3/1 is worth a punt and also Stoke at 6/1 is worth a couple of quid Stoke 6/1 Ladbrokes:wall Draw 3/1 Ladbrokes
:nana Happy enough here fair play to Stoke they seem to have a good squad this year I can see them doing very well this year

*DRAW @ 4.4 Betfair* I think there is value in the draw here. Incredibly Stoke have drawn 10 of this last 16 league games. They are a very defensive set-up, and can be very hard to break down. Chelsea found it very hard to break them down at Stamford Bridge a couple of weeks ago and nicked the game 1-0 eventually, they are very dogged, hard-working, physical and won't give Liverpool an inch. They have already drawn with Arsenal and Man City this year and had a good 2-0 win against Swansea last time out. Liverpool had a very good win against Norwich last time out, winning 5-2, but they still conceded 2 goals and look oh so bad defensively this year. They have not won a game at Anfield yet this season in the league, and even though those 3 games were against City, Arsenal and Man United, there will be a lot of pressure from the fans to get a win against Stoke. I think Stoke are physically much stronger than Liverpool, and i can see them frustrating them at Anfield, so definately think the draw is very possible.
:beer

Stoke +1.25 1.78 @ Betfair - Liverpool are far too short in this game as Stoke are a solid side defensively and difficult to break down as shown against Chelsea where they lost 1-0 from a goal in the 85th minute. Liverpool struggled last season against weaker opposition and struggled to break down sides who put men behind the ball. They have conceded 2 goals in all 3 of their home games against Man City' date= Man United and Arsenal and have picked up just 1 point from those 3 games. Although they won 5-2 at Norwich last weekend they were beaten 3-2 by Udinese in the Europa League so maybe confidence won't be quite so high in the Liverpool camp now. Liverpool have been scoring and conceding goals for fun lately and a bet that i think looks decent value is Stoke +1.25 which is 1.78 @ Betfair and if Liverpool do grind out a win i don't think it will be by more than 1 goal. Crouch will be a handful for Liverpool and i fancy Stoke to score a goal tomorrow so that would mean that Liverpool would have to score 3 for this bet to lose which i don't think is very likely against a solid Stoke defence.
:) Going against Liverpool continues to be profitable. When will the bookies learn? 2012/13 Premier League record: 10-5