Man UTD v Spurs 29th September 2012

staffy

Re: Man UTD v Spurs 29th September 2012 I'd agree that United will miss out on Vidic but it wont be a crutial miss against the Spurs as 1 man certainly doesnt make a team.I would emphasize on the midfield line up more as I think is the heart of United.The line up and the performance of the players in midfield will have an impact on the outcome of the match.Also,the Spurs are in search of a character of game whilst United are trying to fine tune their own character. Also Arsenal v Chelsea and Fulham - M.City make this match a bit more important as they have the chance to take the lead over from Chelsea. I expect United to win but also expect the Spurs to score especially Defoe who has made a great start to the campaign. United win/Over 2.5 goals

Re: Man UTD v Spurs 29th September 2012 4pts Both teams to score 8/11 Bet365 I’m very much one of those men who question what Spurs have beaten this season. The answer without putting too fine a point on it is not much so I expect United to win this and I would imagine they have it in them to win it well unless there is more than one eye on the Champions League. Given that there could be focus on the Champions League I’ll go for what I see as a safer bet which is both teams to score. Both offer plenty going forward and neither are the best at the back so whatever the result is I think it will involve both teams scoring. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-utd-vs-tottenham-betting-expect-both-teams-to-score-in-an-open-game-at-old-trafford

Re: Man UTD v Spurs 29th September 2012

Dembele is a top class player' date=' as he showed at Old Trafford for Fulham, as Ferguson/Redknapp/Vieira and Mourinho have all praised him, so i don't think it is fair to criticise Dembele, as he is a huge addition to the Spurs squad. He is not a big downgrade on Modric, that's tosh.[/quote'] Yes he is a downgrade on Modric, he is a good player but not gonna push Spurs on or anything. He's actually an attacker who was so blunt going forward that Jol moulded him into a midfielder. Top class my bollocks. A good player but Spurs have gone down a notch in a few departments - from Redknapp to AVB, VDV to Sigurdsson, Modric to Dembele. Also Bale doesnt look like the same player to me this calendar year bar the odd game. I'm confident United will win, so we'll what happens.

Re: Man UTD v Spurs 29th September 2012 Both teams are struggling with injuries, but overall I think United has a better quality all-around the pitch, a more experienced manager (ofc) and the home advantage. I really think this game will end with a close United victory (1-0, maybe 2-1), because I'm sure the Spurs will put up a decent fight, at least if Defoe is firing on all cylinders. United to win by a one-goal margin or straight United victory fancy me.

Re: Man UTD v Spurs 29th September 2012 Man Utd v Spurs 3pts Spurs Draw No Bet @ 4.8 Betvictor Tottenham Hotspur starting lineup (4-2-3-1): Brad Friedel; Jan Vertonghen, Steven Caulker, William Gallas, Kyle Walker; Sandro, Moussa Dembele; Gareth Bale, Clint Dempsey, Aaron Lennon; Jermain Defoe Manchester United starting lineup (4-2-3-1): Anders Lindegaard; Patrice Evra, Jonny Evans, Rio Ferdinand, Rafael da Silva; Michael Carrick, Paul Scholes; Ryan Giggs, Shinji Kagawa, Nani; Robin van Persie Sorry for the late post today wanted to see the line ups before i put anything on. Looking at the line ups Spurs definitely have the players to match United tonight and the way both teams have been playing lately hasn't been great. Surprised to see Giggs and Nani to start here, I think Giggs will struggle with the pace of the game with Lennon, Bale Etc. and Nani has just been really poor and really doesn't deserve to be starting tonight. AVB has fielded an attacking team here and if Spurs can grab an early goal this could be there first win here for years.

Yes he is a downgrade on Modric, he is a good player but not gonna push Spurs on or anything. He's actually an attacker who was so blunt going forward that Jol moulded him into a midfielder. Top class my bollocks. A good player but Spurs have gone down a notch in a few departments - from Redknapp to AVB, VDV to Sigurdsson, Modric to Dembele. Also Bale doesnt look like the same player to me this calendar year bar the odd game. I'm confident United will win, so we'll what happens.
I think Harry Redknapp, Ferguson and Mourinho can judge a player a bit better than you. They said he was top class, i will take their word over yours. :D

Re: Man UTD v Spurs 29th September 2012 People say alot of stupid crap though, Gerrard said Joe Cole could do as much as Messi........:rollin Dembele is good, but top class is a stretch for me. What has he done really? Very little. Mind you he is playing well so far - 1-0 Spurs but United will get a pen if they are in trouble and win...........:clap 2-0 Bale sensational.............looks like my predictions my be all off today!!!

Man Utd v Spurs 3pts Spurs Draw No Bet @ 4.8 Betvictor Tottenham Hotspur starting lineup (4-2-3-1): Brad Friedel; Jan Vertonghen, Steven Caulker, William Gallas, Kyle Walker; Sandro, Moussa Dembele; Gareth Bale, Clint Dempsey, Aaron Lennon; Jermain Defoe Manchester United starting lineup (4-2-3-1): Anders Lindegaard; Patrice Evra, Jonny Evans, Rio Ferdinand, Rafael da Silva; Michael Carrick, Paul Scholes; Ryan Giggs, Shinji Kagawa, Nani; Robin van Persie Sorry for the late post today wanted to see the line ups before i put anything on. Looking at the line ups Spurs definitely have the players to match United tonight and the way both teams have been playing lately hasn't been great. Surprised to see Giggs and Nani to start here, I think Giggs will struggle with the pace of the game with Lennon, Bale Etc. and Nani has just been really poor and really doesn't deserve to be starting tonight. AVB has fielded an attacking team here and if Spurs can grab an early goal this could be there first win here for years.
Least one of my bets came in today! :unsure 2012 Football Record: 14-27 (-9.11)

*Over 2.5 Goals - 2 Points @ 1.75 Betfair* Again i think the odds are too big here, was expecting somewhere around 1.64 for this. Van Persie is a huge threat for United this season, he is sure to fire in a lot more than 20 goals in the league i reckon, and at home he will be a big threat to Spurs. In saying that, Vidic is out for 2 months which will give Spurs a lot of hope going forward, and United could be shaky at the back, and United were terrible against Liverpool last weekend, so could be vulnerable. United's last 4 games have gone over which is a plus. For Spurs, Defoe is starting to show his worth now and should cause the United defence problems along with Bale who could give Rafael a hard time. When Fulham played at Old Trafford, Dembele was playing and he destroyed United's midfield, no reason why he can't do the same for Spurs, and that Fulham game had 5 goals in it. Good odds for overs here i reckon.
As a fan, gutted. But as a bet, happy. Easy win.

I can't believe Man Utd just lost that. The way they played in the 2nd half with Rooney on was like watching a different team. Still i have lost big bucks on this game
Chin up Pete. I am worried about Carrick in midfield, thought he was dire again today. Scholes is a genius, but can't keep expecting to have to rely on him, he deserves to hang up his boots, he has done more than enough for the club, and although still a brilliant player, deserves the break now i feel.

Chin up Pete. I am worried about Carrick in midfield' date=' thought he was dire again today. Scholes is a genius, but can't keep expecting to have to rely on him, he deserves to hang up his boots, he has done more than enough for the club, and although still a brilliant player, deserves the break now i feel.[/quote'] Ferguson should start to bring on Cleverley regulary instead of Carrick and even Anderson for Scholes. Scholes cannot play all matches. And he also should start to play 2 strikers as we would have more firepower. van Persie didn't look well in all matches up on his own. As Rooney came on, everything changed 100%.

Ferguson should start to bring on Cleverley regulary instead of Carrick and even Anderson for Scholes. Scholes cannot play all matches. And he also should start to play 2 strikers as we would have more firepower. van Persie didn't look well in all matches up on his own. As Rooney came on' date=' everything changed 100%.[/quote'] I agree. They will make a great partnership. Was really impressed with Kagawa'a link up play too, he is so quick and effective.