** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Swansea V Everton > 22nd September

Jase82

Re: Swansea V Everton > 22nd September 22nd September EPL Swansea vs Everton Both sides have made a great start to the season. Though results more recently haven't really gone their way. Many tipped Swansea as a relegation candidate but they started the season very brightly. Laudrup is very down to earth and has never been carried away with the results, forecasting bad days ahead. When they visited Aston Villa, I initially wanted to back the home team after their display against Newcastle, however their potential upcoming form seemed more transparent then and a lot of people had the same idea, giving much thinner odds than I originally expected and wanted to back. So I had to back Swansea. It was quite annoying watching Villa win. Swansea was forced to shuffle the back line with injuries and suspensions to Taylor and Chico, which perhaps had a factor to blame. However they will still have those two players missing going into this game, so the defensive cracks that was exposed against Villa needs to be identified and addressed. Everton may still be fuming after that draw against Newcastle. I watched the full match having backed against the draw at very generous odds of more than 3/1. Along with their 1 - 0 win over Man Utd, their home form so far this season have been great. However, their away form has been somewhat poorer. They did defeat Villa 1 - 3, but Villa was so poor on the day. Everton were also helped by some good goals and more defensive/goalkeeping mistakes to the comfortable win. They were ok against West Brom away in a match they lost 2 - 0... but was not as comfortable of a win for West Brom as the scoreline may suggest. I'm not suggesting that Everton are terrible away from home, I'm just addressing that the contrast is perhaps bigger than you'd expect watching them play at Goodison. Swansea's home form last season and this have been great in terms of results. Looking more carefully at their more emphatic 3 - 0 win against West Ham, they too were helped by mistakes. However their style of football and the chances they great were so great at times and you can see why some fans have branded their style against Barcelona. Swansea's record against Everton is poor however. Everton won both games last season 1 - 0 and 2 - 0. Though its a small sample and I hate using old statistics, its relevant to a degree. What shocked me the most was the odds. I knew Everton were the stronger team taking away home/away advantages, but I never thought they'd be a slight favourite even playing away from home. I'd imagined the odds were going to be very tight and though I'd agree if anyone was going to be a slight favourite, it had to be Everton based on recent performances and squad depth. Though 3.240 vs 2.500 wasn't the slight favourite I was expecting. Having addressed Swansea's defensive mistakes, Everton have their own to key players. Jelavic is a big doubt and even if he is fit he is unlikely to play the full 90 minutes. Gibson is also out. 22/9/12 EPL Swansea vs Everton Swansea 3.240 Pinnacle 5/10 OPEN

I'm not sure the absences from everton are as important as the absentees for Swansea. Swansea's back line is being shuffled about, and they already don't look particularly strong in that area. Swansea are the sort of side that if you give them time to play the ball about they'll easily keep a clean sheet, but put them under some pressure and we really see what their defenders are made of. I can see why Swansea would be the favoured choice though as Swansea do have a solid home record so far in the premier league. At the minute I'm thinking unders or an everton win again. They're playing very very well at the minute and will be hurting from the draw against Newcastle. They were extremely hard done by and if they play with that sort of energy they will get something from the game. I'd maybe want some sort of draw cover though if I were to back everton as its very likely IMO. But I really can't see Swansea beating everton just yet.

Re: Swansea V Everton > 22nd September

I'm not sure the absences from everton are as important as the absentees for Swansea. Swansea's back line is being shuffled about' date=' and they already don't look particularly strong in that area. Swansea are the sort of side that if you give them time to play the ball about they'll easily keep a clean sheet, but put them under some pressure and we really see what their defenders are made of. I can see why Swansea would be the favoured choice though as Swansea do have a solid home record so far in the premier league. At the minute I'm thinking unders or an everton win again. They're playing very very well at the minute and will be hurting from the draw against Newcastle. They were extremely hard done by and if they play with that sort of energy they will get something from the game. I'd maybe want some sort of draw cover though if I were to back everton as its very likely IMO. But I really can't see Swansea beating everton just yet.[/quote'] I still thought Everton were the favourites, but looking at initial odds of 3.240 vs 2.500 the gap was too wide. It's always hard to see the underdogs beating the favourites but I feel at those odds, they will get the win enough of the time for me to make a profit.

Re: Swansea V Everton > 22nd September 4pts Everton to beat Swansea 6/4 Paddy Power I think there’s enough about Everton to suggest they can win here. Swansea look decimated in defence while Everton are looking as good going forward this season as they arguably have ever done under David Moyes. Steven Pienaar has a lot to do with that and his relationship with Leighton Baines down the left hand side can not be underestimated. Marouane Fellaini is another big man for Everton in every sense of the word and I think the Toffees can make up for Monday’s disappoint with a win over injury ravaged Swansea. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/swansea-vs-everton-betting-everton-can-make-up-for-the-disappointment-of-monday-by-winning-at-swansea

Re: Swansea V Everton > 22nd September Everton Draw No Bet @ 1.83 Stanjames (4 points) Everton are looking a very good side this year and I just don't see them losing here at Swansea. The Swans are now getting the respect they deserve and as such Everton are at a sensible price. When they are on song, the Swans are a real force but I think Moyes will get his players in their faces and won't allow Swansea the time on the ball they like. I think the Toffes are a more rounded version of Swansea who also have the physical side to their game and they have better players. 5/6 on Everton with the draw cover is more than fair in my opinion and is enough for me to get involved.

Re: Swansea V Everton > 22nd September

Everton Draw No Bet @ 1.83 Stanjames (4 points) Everton are looking a very good side this year and I just don't see them losing here at Swansea. The Swans are now getting the respect they deserve and as such Everton are at a sensible price. When they are on song, the Swans are a real force but I think Moyes will get his players in their faces and won't allow Swansea the time on the ball they like. I think the Toffes are a more rounded version of Swansea who also have the physical side to their game and they have better players. 5/6 on Everton with the draw cover is more than fair in my opinion and is enough for me to get involved.
I saw that price too when StanJames stuck it out, however a 2% arb is just a man hole to fall into against Swansea's +0 @ 2.300!

Re: Swansea V Everton > 22nd September Over 2.5 @ 2.08 pinnacle Swansea have a number of injuries in the backline as they have lost Taylor for the year, Flores is suspended and Williams is unlikely to play. Though Jelavic is out for Everton, Anichebe is a decent fill in and he did score against Newcastle on Monday night. The players Swansea have to watch out for is Fellaini and Pienaar who have been in goalscoring form and like them to score here. Swansea have also been scoring and believe they will do so here as well. They beat West Ham 3-0 and drew 2-2 with Sunderland at home, so goals have been coming as Laudrup likes to attack, and with Everton having conceded in their last three games, believe that they will give up at least a goal here. Everton beat Swansea 1-0 at home and then 2-0 at the Liberty Stadium, but like them as well as Swansea to score here, as neither defence has shown any consistency of late 8-17 (-6.59)