Sunderland v Liverpool > September 15th

staffy

Re: Sunderland v Liverpool > September 15th

Early, I know. But that is a great price for a strenghtened Sunderland side, against a Liverpool team, with no goals, and still trying to find their feet, under a new philosophy of play. Sunderland AH0 2.35
I see your point but Liverpool did put 2 past City, and Sunderland haven't won at home since March. I reckon a bore draw.

Early, I know. But that is a great price for a strenghtened Sunderland side, against a Liverpool team, with no goals, and still trying to find their feet, under a new philosophy of play. Sunderland AH0 2.35
Where did you find that poor price? Pinnacle opened 2,61 (03 september) and now is 2,51.

Re: Sunderland v Liverpool > September 15th I personally fancy Liverpool to win. I think Arsenal were absolutely terrific at Anfield and fully deserved the win, but watching Liverpool play, they are playing a nice passing game, a game they weren't playing the past couple of years. Slowly but surely Rodgers will inject the game he showed Swansea into this club, and granted Suarez is fit and well, i think Liverpool are very capable of winning this, the football they played against City was terrific, only for defensive bloopers.

Re: Sunderland v Liverpool > September 15th Liverpool are overrated by the bookies from what I can see, in general. They were evens and below against us at Anfield, overrated at West Brom, and in nearly every home match last season vs mid/lower sides. Couldn't have them as favourites away to Sunderland myself. 50:50 at best. Liverpool look pretty mediocre, defensive errors, Reina is all over the place these days very overrated keeper, Gerrard is off form but always capable of pulling something out, attack doesnt really have enough quality at all, reliance on Suarez and his scoring record is not one of a top player. Sunderland are dogged, and I think they'll defend in numbers and hit Liverpool on the break. Wasnt liking their prospects for the season but suddenly Sessegnon has help in Fletcher and Johnson and with McClean aswell there's attacking potential there. Sunderland DNB or on a + handicap is my thinking right now, fancy them to get at least a point and like the safety of draw cover.

Re: Sunderland v Liverpool > September 15th I strongly agree with IAMGooner Liverpool are overpriced at the moment, and playing woefull, really do think they have some significant problems and hope I am wrong but they are heading for a Leeds, I have to see such a great team struggling, on the other hand there are punter opportunities for other teams, and Sunderland are a great price here on match betting, I can only see the reds getting worse, so would definetly back against them away from home,

Liverpool are overrated by the bookies from what I can see, in general. They were evens and below against us at Anfield, overrated at West Brom, and in nearly every home match last season vs mid/lower sides. Couldn't have them as favourites away to Sunderland myself. 50:50 at best. Liverpool look pretty mediocre, defensive errors, Reina is all over the place these days very overrated keeper, Gerrard is off form but always capable of pulling something out, attack doesnt really have enough quality at all, reliance on Suarez and his scoring record is not one of a top player. Sunderland are dogged, and I think they'll defend in numbers and hit Liverpool on the break. Wasnt liking their prospects for the season but suddenly Sessegnon has help in Fletcher and Johnson and with McClean aswell there's attacking potential there. Sunderland DNB or on a + handicap is my thinking right now, fancy them to get at least a point and like the safety of draw cover.
I strongly agree with IAMGooner Liverpool are overpriced at the moment' date=' and playing woefull, really do think they have some significant problems and hope I am wrong but they are heading for a Leeds, I have to see such a great team struggling, on the other hand there are punter opportunities for other teams, and Sunderland are a great price here on match betting, I can only see the reds getting worse, so would definetly back against them away from home,[/quote'] Just want to add that betting on Liverpool is one of the biggest mistakes. They are so inconsistent, especially when playing against so called "smaller teams". I personally only bet on them when they are priced @ 3.00 or over at home against teams like Man.United or Chelsea, because that is a real value and most of the time these type of bets win. In all other cases it is better to bet against the Reds. So, will other leave this game alone or bet on Sunderland in some form of handicap.

Re: Sunderland v Liverpool > September 15th I can't imagine a more difficult game to call, I understand this game will be debated because its a Premiership game and Liverpool are involved but if you are interested in actually making money why would you bet on this!? could easily go any of the 3 ways.. Sunderland last 30 at home in the Prem W10-D4-L16, Liverpool last 30 away in the Prem W12-D2-L16..I personally think anyone who puts more than a tenner on this is mad :lol

I can't imagine a more difficult game to call' date=' I understand this game will be debated because its a Premiership game and Liverpool are involved but if you are interested in actually making money why would you bet on this!? could easily go any of the 3 ways.. Sunderland last 30 at home in the Prem W10-D4-L16, Liverpool last 30 away in the Prem W12-D2-L16..I personally think anyone who puts more than a tenner on this is mad :lol[/quote'] It can go any of the three ways? In that case, betting on Sunderland holds value at 3.75! Just so I know, if I bet Sunderland +1, and the result is 1 : 2 (to Liverpool), do I get my stake returned or is it just a losing bet? Although I may change my mind between now and Saturday, I'm going to go with Sunderland Draw no bet @ 2.7, what with Liverpool's poor form and the fact that they are ridiculously overpriced for this match, there is definitely a value bet :)

Just so I know, if I bet Sunderland +1, and the result is 1 : 2 (to Liverpool), do I get my stake returned or is it just a losing bet?
If it is Asian Handicap then you will get your stake back, if it is a normal handicap then it will be a losing bet.

Yeah absolutely silly price on Liverpool. They could pull a performance out of the hat, but Liverpool should be priced around 2.76 because Liverpool and Sunderland are closer together than previous years. Liverpool faltered time and time again Last season when priced up around even money away from home, and I haven't seen anything from them so far to suggest that will change in the short term. Maybe in the longer team they will improve under rodgers. But I would fancy a tight draw here. Sunderland offer more of a goal threat, so I would expect them to get a fair amount of joy going forward against this Liverpool defence. Liverpool on the other hand have very little going forward, and Suarez just can't cope with being the main striker. He needs help. Under 2.5 goals and/or Sunderland +0.5 would be my call.

Yeah absolutely silly price on Liverpool. They could pull a performance out of the hat' date=' but Liverpool should be priced around 2.76 because Liverpool and Sunderland are closer together than previous years. Liverpool faltered time and time again Last season when priced up around even money away from home, and I haven't seen anything from them so far to suggest that will change in the short term. Maybe in the longer team they will improve under rodgers. But I would fancy a tight draw here. Sunderland offer more of a goal threat, so I would expect them to get a fair amount of joy going forward against this Liverpool defence. Liverpool on the other hand have very little going forward, and Suarez just can't cope with being the main striker. He needs help. Under 2.5 goals and/or Sunderland +0.5 would be my call.[/quote'] Cheers Jase, I had absolutely the same bets on mind. Liverpool's entire offense don't look strong, they rely too much on Suarez but he misses quite a lot of chances. Borini started well but didn't score in the last matches. Other than that they don't have any good offensive player. Rodgers said that for example Downing's only way to get back into the team (Starting XI) is when he plays as a left-back. Sunderland is no easy place to go, they don't lose many matches at home. New signings Fletcher and Johnson should give them the needed offensive power. I will rather play Sunderland +0.5 here.

I personally fancy Liverpool to win. I think Arsenal were absolutely terrific at Anfield and fully deserved the win' date=' but watching Liverpool play, they are playing a nice passing game, a game they weren't playing the past couple of years. Slowly but surely Rodgers will inject the game he showed Swansea into this club, and granted Suarez is fit and well, i think Liverpool are very capable of winning this, the football they played against City was terrific, only for defensive bloopers.[/quote'] I'm with you on this one, and see the Reds getting three points in the bag and the official start to their season. Sure, the Arsenal performance was mediocre, but the Gunners' display was also impressive - 3 points Liverpool for me.

Re: Sunderland v Liverpool > September 15th Interesting spectrum of opinions here. I personally was expecting Sunderland to be the favourites in this one. Liverpool have shown next to nothing on the road this season. In Europe, against Hearts and Gomel, they never asserted themselves, and against WBA they were wholly outclassed. Sunderland now have an important commodity in Steven Fletcher. He will score goals for them. The Stadium of Light will be rocking, Martin O'Neill will have his side pumped up for this one. I don't fancy Liverpool at all in this one.

If it is Asian Handicap then you will get your stake back' date=' if it is a normal handicap then it will be a losing bet.[/quote'] Thanks :) What do you guys think about the overs market? Over 2.5 seems to be around 2.1, seems a good bet considering Sunderland's new signings, and I think if Sunderland score, Liverpool will likely respond after what happened in their first away game.

Re: Sunderland v Liverpool > September 15th May seem quite biased but I think the odds on Sunderland to win are quite generous. Normally I would not bet on Sunderland, but I think Liverpool have started very poorly and are struggling to score goals, which is something they will need to do if Fletcher can play well again. Sunderland have started ok with two good draws away from home and this will be the first time the new signings will be playing in front of the Stadium of Light crowd, whilst Liverpool have started very poorly and seem to missing plenty of chances. Sunderland win - 12/5 @ BetVictor Fletcher wincast - 6/1 @ Betfred

International Duty round up: Steven Gerrard was sent-off for two bookable offences as England came from behind to draw 1-1 with Ukraine in a World Cup qualifier at Wembley on Wednesday evening. Having already been booked, the skipper was penalised for a late challenge in the 87th minute and the referee showed him a second yellow. Glen Johnson played the full 90 minutes and gave an impressive display down the right flank, coming close to scoring with a good effort. Raheem Sterling was an unused substitute. Luis Suarez returned from suspension as Uruguay came from a goal down to draw 1-1 with Ecuador. Liverpool's No.7 played the full 90 minutes and struck the bar with a fine effort in the first half. Elsewhere there was disappointment for Wales and Joe Allen who played 72 minutes during the 6-1 thrashing by Serbia. There was better fortunes for Martin Skrtel who played the full 90 minutes as Slovakia beat Liechtenstein 2-0. Our new No.4 Nuri Sahin came on as an 82nd minute replacement as Turkey beat Estonia 3-0 while Fabio Borini was an unused substitute as Italy beat Malta 2-0. Pepe Reina also remained on the bench as an 86th minute winner from Roberto Soldado gave Spain a 1-0 win in Georgia. Pepe's understudy Brad Jones was an unused substitute as Australia suffered a shock 2-1 loss away in Jordan.

And Sunderland: David Meyler's hard work was rewarded with a full senior debut for the Republic of Ireland last night. Meyler started against Oman at Fulham's Craven Cottage and played the full 90 minutes as Giovanni Trapattoni's side ran out 4-1 winners. James McClean also played in the game, coming on as a substitute for Kevin Doyle just after the hour mark. Meanwhile Seb Larsson got 90 minutes under his belt for Sweden as the Scandinavians saw off Kazakhstan 2-0 in Malmo. And David Vaughan had an unhappy return to action as a half-time substitute for Wales, with the Red Dragons suffering a 6-1 defeat in Serbia.

Thanks :) What do you guys think about the overs market? Over 2.5 seems to be around 2.1, seems a good bet considering Sunderland's new signings, and I think if Sunderland score, Liverpool will likely respond after what happened in their first away game.
But last 5 games between these two sides at the Stadium of Light produced 2 or less goals and in these 5 games "Both to Score" bet never came in.

Re: Sunderland v Liverpool > September 15th Plus this will be an opening for Sunderland on their home ground in the Premier League this season So the motivation should be high I also do not see value in Liverpool, and will back the home side in some sort

I personally fancy Liverpool to win. I think Arsenal were absolutely terrific at Anfield and fully deserved the win' date=' but watching Liverpool play, they are playing a nice passing game, a game they weren't playing the past couple of years. Slowly but surely Rodgers will inject the game he showed Swansea into this club, and granted Suarez is fit and well, i think Liverpool are very capable of winning this, the football they played against City was terrific, only for defensive bloopers.[/quote'] I am happy to back Liverpool now. I still think people are under-estimating them against Sunderland. *Liverpool WIN @ 2.3 Betfair*

Any reason other than you think they pass nicely?
I personally fancy Liverpool to win. I think Arsenal were absolutely terrific at Anfield and fully deserved the win, but watching Liverpool play, they are playing a nice passing game, a game they weren't playing the past couple of years. Slowly but surely Rodgers will inject the game he showed Swansea into this club, and granted Suarez is fit and well, i think Liverpool are very capable of winning this, the football they played against City was terrific, only for defensive bloopers. Have you and more to add apart from saying massive +EV on the home team? :eyes Pot Kettle Yawn.

I can't imagine a more difficult game to call' date=' I understand this game will be debated because its a Premiership game and Liverpool are involved but if you are interested in actually making money why would you bet on this!? could easily go any of the 3 ways.. Sunderland last 30 at home in the Prem W10-D4-L16, Liverpool last 30 away in the Prem W12-D2-L16..I personally think anyone who puts more than a tenner on this is mad :lol[/quote'] I know what you mean, I tend to prefer betting on value low odds selections, as with this kind of thing deviation can cause problems...but there is pretty considerable value on Sunderland here IMO, and those stats you mention actually back this up. Haven't gone massively on this one yet as it is the start of the season, so only 3.3 points so far although I might top up a bit, but 1.76 for Sunderland +0.5AH is a very good price.

Re: Sunderland v Liverpool > September 15th I know I wrote that originally but to be fair there has been some good analysis on here and if pushed I would agree with most and say Sunderland +0.5AH is the play, with most of Liverpool's players involved in midweek action coupled with their current poor form I think it would be a bold call to say they will win the game. Not one I'll be betting on as I still wouldn't be surprised to see Liverpool nick a win, but hopefully those who are betting catch a winner.

I personally fancy Liverpool to win. I think Arsenal were absolutely terrific at Anfield and fully deserved the win, but watching Liverpool play, they are playing a nice passing game, a game they weren't playing the past couple of years. Slowly but surely Rodgers will inject the game he showed Swansea into this club, and granted Suarez is fit and well, i think Liverpool are very capable of winning this, the football they played against City was terrific, only for defensive bloopers. Have you and more to add apart from saying massive +EV on the home team? :eyes Pot Kettle Yawn.
Cant agree with this, you could easily say that Sunderland have already played two teams that are better at the job that Rodgers is trying to do in Arsenal and Swansea and albeit didn't play brilliantly, managed to get two good points away to both. Price wise I would have put both teams closer together but I wouldn't fault anyone having a go on Sunderland, or on the AH as both appeal. Game wise, I think Steven Fletcher will come back to haunt many that doubted/scoffed at the debated price Sunderland. He showed he could do it last season with Wolves, and with no disrespect to them Sunderland are a better outfit, especially with Johnson, McClean and Sessegnon in supply. Rather than an outright winner, personally I would be looking at Fletcher on the first-goalscorer/anytime market.