** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Norwich V West Ham > September 15th

staffy

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Norwich V West Ham > September 15th value on a West Ham win to me here if they can beat fulham and aston vila i cannot see why not and norwich.i know that outside their home they aint good enough, but this is not for the class of teams like Norwich. The odds are droping fast so for me is West Ham +0,25 @ 1,90 in many asian bookies (the last time the two teams the "hammers" won with 2-1 in the home of Norwich-that was for the cup during 2006)

I think andy Carroll was the difference against fulham, and he now seems to be injured for a few weeks, so they won't be as strong. West ham weren't great the first two games, which makes this hard to call as Norwich haven't started well either. I'd probably side with west ham not to lose, but not for their performance against fulham. Mainly because I think their midfield is pretty strong right now, and they should perhaps be a shade under three as Norwich may be in slight decline, while west ham should provide a sterner test than odds of over three suggest. Even though they aren't huge for the away side I think west Ham stand a better chance of getting something here. Allerdyce will probably play five across the middle again, and look to Carlton cole, in Carroll's absence.

Re: Norwich V West Ham > September 15th 5/10pts Both teams to score - 10/11 with Coral I think it is hard to call the winner of this match but think both teams are more than capable of unlocking the shaky defence of the opposition. Norwich have leaked goals in all kinds of areas this season and there's nothing to suggest that won't change in this game. Fulham hit 5 past them and they also gave goals away against QPR and Tottenham in matches where they got on the scoresheet themselves. The likes of Snodgrass, Holt, Jackson etc. will all create chances and are all capable of putting them away but the likes of Bassong, Turner and Garrido hardly inspire confidence at the back. They gave away goals when Lambert was here so although the personnel may have changed, the bad habits are still there. The Hammers have lost Carroll but Taylor, Nolan and Cole are all proven goalscorers at this level and the supply is there from people like Jarvis. They too have not been solid in defence so far and were awful at Swansea. They have kept clean sheets against Villa and Fulham but those attacks were toothless so didn't have a great deal of problems. Their weaknesses were exploited against Swansea and Norwich should go at them just as much here. It's unusual to see a Big Sam defence all over the place but I think he needs to do a lot more work this this group to stop them conceding sloppy goals. Both sides aren't convincing at the back yet both have dangerous players up top so think this price offers some value.

Re: Norwich V West Ham > September 15th I have gone for the draw in this match. Neither team really convinces me, and as Jase said, Carroll was their main man in their last win, and he will be missing, and Sam Allardyce's sides always seem to do well at home and struggle away. Norwich had a good point at Spurs, but Spurs were shocking... I also agree with Mirage on both teams to score. Neither defence is convincing, Norwich have a habit in scoring and conceding a lot of goals, i hope Simeon Jackson plays for Norwich, i think he is a good striker and will cause West Ham problems, and i feel Matt Taylor will cause Norwich's defence a lot of problems. *Draw @ 3.5 Betfair*

Re: Norwich V West Ham > September 15th This is a game that IMO could go either way. Last season West Ham were very good away from home winning 13 times the most in the division. They have plenty of attacking options in Cole, Maiga, Vaz Te and Nolan. They are good on the counter attack using the pace they have in wide areas and direct style that Allardyce employs. Norwich don't convince me defensively this season and weren't particularly good last season conceding 30 goals. Last season 68.4% of Norwichs home games both teams scored in BTTS 1.67 Bet365

Re: Norwich V West Ham > September 15th 4pts West Ham to beat Norwich (DNB) 6/5 Betvictor I really expect Norwich to struggle this season. I don’t think they will score many goals but even though Hughton has strengthened the defence I still wouldn’t say it looks anything special so I favour West Ham in this match. I’m going to take them with the draw no bet though because their horror show at Swansea is still fresh in my memory. Last season West Ham had an excellent away record and I think that can continue here so I’ll go with my gut instinct and take them draw no bet in the hope they can erase that horror show a few weeks ago from my mind. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/norwich-vs-west-ham-betting-west-ham-s-attacking-options-can-be-too-much-for-norwich-in-the-lunchtime-kick-off

Re: Norwich V West Ham > September 15th Under 2.5 @ 2.01 pinnacle Norwich have drawn their last two games 1-1 against QPR at home and Spurs away after their opening day thrashing, losing 5-0 at Fulham. Hughton has made the defence more solid after that loss and though they have conceded in each of their following two games, they have not looked as out of sorts as they did against Fulham. With Carroll out, then the West Ham attack does not look as menacing, and though Cole comes in for him, he has never been a regular goal scorer. They have some threat out wide with Vaz Te and Jarvis, but apart from that, believe Norwich have enough in them to do well here. West Ham have won their opening two games at home, beating Aston Villa 1-0 and Fulham 3-0 but lost 3-0 on the road to Swansea. Defensively they have set up well, and they do get numbers behind the ball, which is a trait of Allardyce's teams, before they send it long to the front guys. Not much imagination with this team, and as such, can see this game being one with little in the way of creative play. Doubt that a few goals will be scored, and believe it will end as a low scoring game 6-13 (-5.17)

Re: Norwich V West Ham > September 15th I am going for a home win in this game. It's time for Norwich to take 3 pts this season and West Ham are very convenient opponent for them. The Hammers haven't won a game at Carrow Road for the league since 1973 this makes it 14 games winless. Plus Andy Carroll who was key player in his debut is unavailable.We all know that the relegation fighting teams mainly rely on points from games against their opponents for survival and today is just one of those games which are must for Norwich. I agree that West Ham is a bit better side than Norwich but there isn't much difference about the class of both teams. So the home factor and the unbeatable streak at Carrow Road should do it for the Canaries. Norwich @ 2.40 5/10 Norwich 0.0 @ 1.725 8/10